Most annoying said by someone who is trying to lose weight.

Replies

• justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    My favorite is when someone is not losing and everyone tells them they need to eat MORE... :noway:

That's kind of like the drunk guy that wakes up in the morning and has another beer to sober up and get rid of a hangover!!! :laugh:

I can totally relate to this in a different sense. I've had coworkers tell me this after I lost 60 lbs...I don't think that they realized that I probably ate more than they did and exercised! I just did it the right way. :drinker:
  • I just thought of another one!

At work there was a group of us who put £5 in a pot and got weighed once a week and over 3 months who ever lost the biggest % of their start weight won

I won it after losing 16lbs and hit my goal of 140

One of the women who was on slimming world complained that I shouldnt have won because I was still eating what ever food I wanted and would have treats like starbucks and a cake or something

I was like excuse me woman I lost 16lbs because I was cycling 20 miles a day, running 4 days a week and planning my meals each day so that I could reward myself with a treat.

She was implying that I was cheating because I beat her but how can you fake losing weight???
  • Thx mjharman for looking that up. I guess that's a better philosophy than 'if it fits in your mouth' !:smile:

Bahahahaha! I LOVE that philosophy! That's why a healthy lifestyle can be so haaaaaaaard ~cries~ T_T
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    No specifics, but the ones who'll believe and buy any fad anyone tries to sell them, but ingore the free advice from people with experience losing and maintaining that loss.

This one...
    People often ask me what I'm doing, but when I tell them, they don't want to listen. I guess it sounds like too much work. I can only hope that someday they will figure it out, too...just as I did.

This is the same for me, I refuse to be on a diet, I am changing my lifestyle and eating what is good for me!! But people do not want to hear that..
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    My overweight co-worker has slimfasts every day for lunch and looks at the portion sizes of my homemade meals and says omg I can't believe you are going to eat all that food!

Well IIFYM and I'm sorry but I don't want to have a little shake for lunch I want a big fat meal that's going to leave me satisfied and not hungry. If you cared at all about watching what you ate you'd ditch your stupid little shake and eat my 4 chicken taco lettuce wraps, my 1/2 gallon sized Turkey Cranberry Salad, or my buffalo chicken loaded sweet potato with me.

PS... not knocking slim fasts or drinking your meals but they just don't fill me up and they obviously arent working for her either as she has about 100 lbs to lose.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    I LOVE THIS!
  • "My Dr. told me not to lose too much weight - it would be difficult on my joints to have no padding." :noway:

I snorted out my hot tea at reading this...

Funniest thing I've heard all day!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    When they say 'I can't seem to lose weight and I've been trying so hard
    for xxxxxx amount of time'. But every other day they live in drive thrus!!

Yes, this is my co-worker. I wish i could help her see "the light".
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    my sister who always starts her carb free diets "on Monday". So since she is going to lose going carb free she inhales massive quantities of bacon, sausage, fried pork chops, chicken nuggets and pork rinds likes there no tomorrow.
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Bump for later.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    My overweight co-worker has slimfasts every day for lunch and looks at the portion sizes of my homemade meals and says omg I can't believe you are going to eat all that food!

Well IIFYM and I'm sorry but I don't want to have a little shake for lunch I want a big fat meal that's going to leave me satisfied and not hungry. If you cared at all about watching what you ate you'd ditch your stupid little shake and eat my 4 chicken taco lettuce wraps, my 1/2 gallon sized Turkey Cranberry Salad, or my buffalo chicken loaded sweet potato with me.

PS... not knocking slim fasts or drinking your meals but they just don't fill me up and they obviously arent working for her either as she has about 100 lbs to lose.
    Haha, that's my story exactly. I take Chicken Cranberry Salad to work in an enormous bowl and everyone's like, "Wow, that's a lot of food! I thought you were dieting." Meanwhile, they're sucking back the same or more calories with one cappuccino and a small muffin. :noway:
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Alot of good ones on here..BUT my fav is..
    "I'll start Monday"
    ...Monday never comes.
  • I've been asked what my secret is and when I explain I watch my calorie intake and I exercise daily, I get "But, what's the secret?" in response. No secret, no magic pill. Just get up and move.

And this is a real winner for me....Recently a friend was telling me about a conversation she had with her wife, they were discussing my weight loss. The wife says "I don't understand why she has self confidence issues and feels like she needs to lose weight!" Never once have I ever mentioned any self confidence issues and I thought I made it clear that this journey is for health reasons. I wasn't quite sure how to take that.
  • "I have a husband and kids. I can't make different meals for myself!"

Can't or don't want to? A friend of mine dropped this one on me. Also, she has to have cookies and chips in the house because she has kids. Has to. Mandatory.

*Raising hand*
    I've used this one before...until I figured out my kids would follow suit (they're 4 and 12 now, 2.5 and 10 at the time) of my meals if I got rid of the crap in the house so there was no choice but to eat healthy. I got educated via Pinterest fitness pages and good ol' Google, and my kids now ask for apples and pb for snacks instead of Funyuns and ice cream.

Giving junk food to your kids is a choice, not mandatory. You don't get a complimentary bag of Oreos and Cheetos in the swag bag from the hospital taking your newborn home...at least not in my hospital :bigsmile:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    "I'm not going to do any weights.....I don't want to get bulky".

This makes me rage harder than anything......you don't just accidentally get huge. If people could actually understand the very deliberate effort one must go to in order to gain mass, they would stop saying this.

This infuriates me also. I WISH it happened that easily...that would make my life a whole lot easier!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    I just thought of another one!

At work there was a group of us who put £5 in a pot and got weighed once a week and over 3 months who ever lost the biggest % of their start weight won

I won it after losing 16lbs and hit my goal of 140

One of the women who was on slimming world complained that I shouldnt have won because I was still eating what ever food I wanted and would have treats like starbucks and a cake or something

I was like excuse me woman I lost 16lbs because I was cycling 20 miles a day, running 4 days a week and planning my meals each day so that I could reward myself with a treat.

She was implying that I was cheating because I beat her but how can you fake losing weight???

This is hilarious!
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    More suprising than annoying. Sometimes I just don't know what to say...

1. "Lifting weights isn't for girls." (When asked why, they have no valid answer.)
    2. "I wish I had that much dedication,,,I wish I had YOUR dedication,,I wish I was able to exercise that much, that early, that many times a week...Wish I had that kind of time" (I am not sure why people think that I have more super powers than they do to get to the gym. It's just something I do and have grown to love.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Back to work 2 months after having my baby:

Coworker: Wow, you don't even look like you've had a baby!
    Me: Thanks.
    Coworker: You're so blessed to be able to lose the weight so easily! I just don't have good genes to bounce back like you did.

Yeah, genes play a role, but you shouldn't discount weight loss to just genetics. That's such a copout.

And by the way, I maintained healthy eating and exercise all the way through pregnancy and immediately post-partum. It wasn't genetics that got me where I am.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I used to be a heavier girl (5'3, 180) and now I am 105 ~ it's annoying when people are talking about dietary choices and I give some input and get the, "You've never been fat, what do you know?" attitude.

THIS!!! I was 25 pounds heavier when I was in the military in Hawaii. Now I live in Texas and work a completely different job, and ladies all over the workplace are trying to lose weight. I put my two cents in, and I get attitude like "How would you know how hard it is to lose weight?" Ugh, if people only got out of their box for a second.
  • I used to be a heavier girl (5'3, 180) and now I am 105 ~ it's annoying when people are talking about dietary choices and I give some input and get the, "You've never been fat, what do you know?" attitude.

THIS!!! I was 25 pounds heavier when I was in the military in Hawaii. Now I live in Texas and work a completely different job, and ladies all over the workplace are trying to lose weight. I put my two cents in, and I get attitude like "How would you know how hard it is to lose weight?" Ugh, if people only got out of their box for a second.

I tend to get blunt at this particular point in the conversation and drop the whole "Because I've lost and kept off 80lb for the last x amount of years... What's your excuse?

May not be particularly "nice", but it gets the point across, and usually I get their attention for roughly 5 seconds... haha.