Replies

• Jillid71
    Jillid71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1!!!
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    me too, and sheesh it was hard! a few months ago i could do this easily. day one down!
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On Day 3 of the shred (started early) and taking it day by day, but I FEEL so great accomplishing each day. I am hoping not to get lazy or tired and give up. I do feel my clothes a bit loose (YAY!!) and apart from that I do some Zumba and walking so hoping to see some GREAT results!! Let's keep up the good work this month!!
  • dollylala
    Options
    im going to start it tomorrow just got it but i also work out 6 days a week at the gym so this is gonna boost the whole exercise thing up sorta high but we'll see if i can hang on in :D
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 1 down and 29 days to go!!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 4, done!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Was a bit easier to at least stick through the entire workout, but still had to rest maybe half a dozen times. But they were short and then got right back into it! Already seeing some improvement in endurance so can't wait for tomorrow!
  • roma2011
    roma2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done...and day two starting within the next hour. Found day 1 ok enough, maybe because I did a few days of level one last week so I might be a little used to it. I must get proper weights, have been improvising with bottles of water and juice cartons but that's not ideal!

What are you all logging it as? I remember reading someplace about someone using a heart rate monitor and being a bit surprised by how little calories they were burning doing this. As far as I remember it was only about 175ish calories for level 1, but they weren't that heavy to start with, just doing it to tone up. I've been entering it as 20mins of circuit training, but even that is coming in over the 175. I don't want to got down the road of overestimating my exercise calories, then eating more as a result, and then putting on weight instead of getting rid of it! I was talking to a friend of mine earlier today who used to work as a fitness instructor and she said that overestimating exercise calories burned is the biggest downfall for people trying to slim.

Do any of you have a HRM that can give us a better idea of how many calories are burned off? Obviously it will be different for everyone, depending on how much we weigh and how much we "go for it" but it would be good to get a rough idea.
  • kaffro
    Options
    Day 2 - Was a bit easier to at least stick through the entire workout, but still had to rest maybe half a dozen times. But they were short and then got right back into it! Already seeing some improvement in endurance so can't wait for tomorrow!

The first day I did it, I also had to rest during a couple parts. The second day, maybe once. Third and fourth days, didn't have to rest at all and I was so proud of myself!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • RissaE
    RissaE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've already done the Shred today, but I'll wear my HRM tomorrow and let you know how many calories I burned :-)

I know it will be different for everyone (height, weight/ current physical condition). So to give you an idea, I'm a 30 , 5'4 and currently weigh160. I spent the summer training for a 1/2 marathon, but sprained my ankle just over a month and a half ago, so I haven't done any exercise lately.
  • RissaE
    Options
    I just realized I didn't weight in for day 1 or post my current measurements. So here goes.
    Weight is 160.
    Chest - 38 "
    Waist - 33"
    Hips - 42"
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30 Day Shred!!!! I use it on my off running days....I would love to join you all just for the motivation! I have been out of comission due to a cold so I probably won't start back until Monday...GOOD LUCK everybody!!!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Last time I did the shred, I burned between 250 and 300 calories at a time. That was @ 205lbs.
    Yesterday, I burned 234 @ 184lbs.
    I am 34 and female :)

Fixing to do an evening shred, as much as I would have liked to get it done this afternoon, I had a headache and just didn't feel like it. But, I am determined not to skip a day!
    I will check back in with calories burned tonight.
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Today should be day three. I have not been feeling well (TOM is tough for me), so I missed today and yesterday, Because of that I have really been watching what I eat. Tomorrow, I should be back on the wagon.
  • kaffro
    Options
    Day 5, done! Whoo hoo!
  • RissaE
    Options
    Yeah! Day 3 finished for me :-) I put my heart rate monitor on and forgot to start my watch :-S, so I still don't know how many calories I'm burning exactly! I'll try again tomorrow morning before work and actually try to remember! We are "well on our way to being shredded" lol
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 3 complete Feeling good this time around!!
  • limericklass
    Options
    I'm in for October challenge. did the workout Oct 1st but missed 2nd and 3rd. will be back on track starting tomorrow 4th. My goal is to lose 5lb this month! my baby is 12 weeks old now so its time to get serious:)
    starting weight :
    178lb
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm just seeing this challenge for the first time today...I'd like to join..starting tomorrow! I'm also starting the 100 pushups program and the 200 situps (crunches) program. I also intend to run 3-4 times a week...I only 5 weeks til my brothers wedding. And only 3 weeks before I get my dress altered...YIKES!!!

Help motivate me please :)))

I'll weigh in and post measurements tomorrow as well!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Actually burned 310 on shred tonight, but I started immediately after my 40 minute "cardio dance blast" ~
    I guess it just gave me a boost to a higher HR at the beginning. I use a cheapo watch that I have to keep pushing the button, so I'm prolly not the most accurate, but it's gotta be closer than the database (for me).

Oh, and I ended up skipping yesterday even after I said I didn't want to. Stuff happens ~ Back to it today :drinker: