• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    No more for me, but the existing ones are:

Mikaela Christine
    Anthony Joseph
    Maya Alaniz

all family names.

Anthony is the only one who gets keychains and coffee mugs.
  • Flab2Fab214
    Options
    I have 3 lready..
    Galynn Genevieve
    Madison Marie
    Logan Tyler

If I ever lost my marbles completely and decided on a 4th I would name
    Boy: Finn Oliver or Asher
    Girl: Harper , Spencer, or Presleigh
  • BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a son - Nathaniel Aidan

If I was to have more, I'm pretty set on Iris for a girl and like Wade, Leyton, Christopher and Conrad for a boy.

I hate newfandangled names and 'interesting' spelling, but also dislike very common names. ..
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I work in a courthouse and we have a standing joke of sorts around here when it comes to names. If it sounds good with "The Honorable" in front of it? That's a good name. If it fits better with "The State vs." in front of it? Um, yeah, don't do it. :)

(Edited to add that my baby having days are over, but if I'd had twin boys instead of twin girls, they would have had Ethan and Sean as their first names. :) )
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You do your kid a disservice by naming them S'peshul Snowflayk.

LOVE IT. I am TOTALLY naming my future kid this.

:laugh: J/K.

I've always thought Catarina Ryelle was pretty. Call her Catie/Katie. But who knows.

I've enjoyed reading through this thread. The good and the bad lol Thanks for the ideas on what and what not to do :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bambi Trixibelle

FTW.

Don't steal my future daughter's name. She's going to be a judge.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't give out my future baby names. They are amazing though :D
  • coonl0422
    Options
    My fiance and I have already discussed this and we decided on the following.

Son: Vaden Kyler Lewis *lastname*
    Daughter: Auron Francis Adamarie *lastname*

Personally, i love both names.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am expecting right now and I have NO idea what the name will be.... you guys are all on your game!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have already discussed this and we decided on the following.

Son: Vaden Kyler Lewis *lastname*
    Daughter: Auron Francis Adamarie *lastname*

Personally, i love both names.

Your daughter would be Auron FrancEs
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    if you're making up the name, making up the spelling of the name, using a word for a name that is not meant to be the name of a human being, or its just generally stupid, then i will not like it and i will probably hate it and i will feel really bad for your kid.

that being said, i don't like to give out my list.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "Thing 1" and "Thing 2"

Possibly, "Doc Brown"
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    if you're making up the name, making up the spelling of the name, using a word for a name that is not meant to be the name of a human being, or its just generally stupid, then i will not like it and i will probably hate it and i will feel really bad for your kid.

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Your child is not an accessory. It's a human being with a long life ahead of it.

/endthread

x2
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and childfree by choice (staunchly!) and my fiancé already had a vasectomy for this reason...so yep, NEVER having children!

However, I like names!

My current favorites:

Boys: Todd, Joel, Brent, Brooks, Karl, Andrew, Kipling, Scott, Christian, Luke & Seth (my favorite)

Girls: Jill, Gillian, Romy, Delaney, Rowan, Brooke, Elodie, Liberty, Somer, Gwendolyn, Adrienne, Meredith & Berit (my favorite)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Boy:
    AlphaSentauri Dylan
    Squall Zakary

Girl:
    Andromeda Venus

Please don't. You DO realize those names would have to go on a resume one day, right?

I agree! Especially the boy choices. Andromeda, not so bad really.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I've had a girl's name chosen for forever. I've already told my significant other that he doesn't have a choice on it, and he's okay with that :tongue:

Girl: Evvilyn Rose

Boy: Not as set on it, but I really like the names Aiden and Rowan

No offense but what the wat...Evvilyn? Looks like evil, but much worse.

I dislike the spelling of Aiden for that name, but it's nice. I love Rowan but for a girl. I know it's a boy name.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If I were to have kids I would name the girl Megan Judith Nicole (middle names named after my mom and my middle name), the boy Marcus Joseph (middle name named after my dad).
  • mof4apmj
    mof4apmj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Already have 4 kids all of whom are grown

3 boys
    Anthony James
    Paul Andrew
    Jordan Robert

1 daughter
    Michelle Elizabeth

However...if I were to choose today

Abigail Grace
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

THIS. SO MANY TIMES THIS.

I loathe 'creative' names and spellings.

My boyfriend and I have names, but they're for family. We'll name a boy after his father and probably use my last name as a middle name as it's occasionally a first name too, and his grandmother's name for a girl. His family cares more about this kind of thing than mine (and, superficially, I like the names better than those in my family.)

I think horrible, judgey things about people who name their kids weird made-up stuff.