• amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Futura, if it's a girl
    Futuro, if it's a boy
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My baby making days are also over...I'm not a fan of odd spellings or names-that-aren't-really-names...but, its your kid and his/her therapy bills, so YMMV.

FWIW...my son's name is Timothy James, and my daughter's name is Teagan Constance. All four names are family names.

I really like Teagan Constance. I think it's cool to pair names I think of as a bit stuffy or unusual (Constance) with names that have a modern, trendier feel (Teagan). Well done.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    some of these names are just :noway:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hmm i have a lot of names i like...

Shiloh
    Tobias

Sebastian
    Isabelle
    Vincent
    Willow
    Evelynn
    Jared
    Jasper
    Adrien
    Adrienne
    Aiden
    Edward
    Edgar
    Rowan
    Anthony
    Jeremy
    Skye

They've gotta be my top couple. The first two are my absolute fav's for a long time.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do people - don't jack up the spelling of your kid's name to make them unique and creative. It looks ridiculous. If it's Jason, spell it Jason. Not Jaisen. The names I see in my kid's classrooms are ridiculous. I get being unique but it just looks awful. If you want to be unique, pick a name that every other kid doesn't have. But the misspelling just makes people look stupid. Sorry. Off my soapbox!
  • sean0315
    sean0315 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "How about Mug? Mug Costanza, that's original."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRUdaWZ4FN0
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • alebotello
    Options
    girl: stella or ava

boy: jonathan
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    some of these names are just :noway:

if by some you mean the VAST majority, I agree.

"Soft names make soft people. I'll bet you ten times out of ten, Nicky, Vinnie, and Tony would beat the xxxx out of Todd, Kyle, and Tucker" - G. Carlin (today it probably would have been spelled Jouurge Kharline)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, I dont like your names jason alaxandre is nice, but the rest just hmmm NO

Yeah, but let's get just a little more creative and spell the first name jaessun just to make sure both the first and middle names always get mispelled.:bigsmile:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and childfree by choice (staunchly!) and my fiancé already had a vasectomy for this reason...so yep, NEVER having children!

However, I like names!

My current favorites:

Boys: Todd, Joel, Brent, Brooks, Karl, Andrew, Kipling, Scott, Christian, Luke & Seth (my favorite)

Girls: Jill, Gillian, Romy, Delaney, Rowan, Brooke, Elodie, Liberty, Somer, Gwendolyn, Adrienne, Meredith & Berit (my favorite)

I really like the majority of these. I love solid, classic names. Not really sure if I want kids but this would be pretty similar to my names list.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    if you're making up the name, making up the spelling of the name, using a word for a name that is not meant to be the name of a human being, or its just generally stupid, then i will not like it and i will probably hate it and i will feel really bad for your kid.

that being said, i don't like to give out my list.

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

THIS. SO MANY TIMES THIS.

I loathe 'creative' names and spellings.

My boyfriend and I have names, but they're for family. We'll name a boy after his father and probably use my last name as a middle name as it's occasionally a first name too, and his grandmother's name for a girl. His family cares more about this kind of thing than mine (and, superficially, I like the names better than those in my family.)

I think horrible, judgey things about people who name their kids weird made-up stuff.

hahahahaha me too.
  • vickij85
    Options
    Already have my beautiful son Harry James :-)
    If Harry was a girl he would have been Scarlett Marie or Ella Marie
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and childfree by choice (staunchly!) and my fiancé already had a vasectomy for this reason...so yep, NEVER having children!

However, I like names!

My current favorites:

Boys: Todd, Joel, Brent, Brooks, Karl, Andrew, Kipling, Scott, Christian, Luke & Seth (my favorite)

Girls: Jill, Gillian, Romy, Delaney, Rowan, Brooke, Elodie, Liberty, Somer, Gwendolyn, Adrienne, Meredith & Berit (my favorite)

I really like the majority of these. I love solid, classic names. Not really sure if I want kids but this would be pretty similar to my names list.

Thanks!!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I all of a sudden don't think my name is rubbish anymore. Some ghastly names here. Won't someone please think of the children, I've given spiders more respectable names
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Turd Ferguson
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Tyrion if I have a boy, lol.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Since I have Dillon & Danielle....it would be another D name....Devin for a boy..no idea for a girl. Good thing were done :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure my child's name is awkward to say and spell so that the world knows I value being a trendy attention *kitten* more than I value the sanity of my child. Cause it's all about mom feeling special when naming a kid, right?

"Hurry up Jaxsoniqua Braeydon Paeyton Aiden Caydun Smiyth. Where is your sister Nevaeh?"

LMAO!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure my child's name is awkward to say and spell so that the world knows I value being a trendy attention *kitten* more than I value the sanity of my child. Cause it's all about mom feeling special when naming a kid, right?

"Hurry up Jaxsoniqua Braeydon Paeyton Aiden Caydun Smiyth. Where is your sister Nevaeh?"

this

and to be fair, any more than 2 syllables in a name is pointless because people will never call them that (not even the mums once the novelty wears off after 2 weeks) pretty much all names get shortened