• karen8769
    Options
    1. Eat lean and green for a week
    2. do exercise
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Whew it was rough yesterday. One thing is for sure. I got plenty of rest. I could barely get out of bed all day. It was probably the second worst day of this sickness which is weird because the antibiotics are working wonders on my throat... just not the rest of it yet I guess. So fluids were good, rest was good, homework not so much. I did watch HGTV alllll day though-- which means absolutely nothing until I want to buy or sell a house but I got some good ideas out of it for when I do! lol.

Goals for today. I woke up feeling better so...

1. Fluids and rest of course.
    2. Laundry. Running out of clothes is no good.
    3. Homework. Have to get some stuff done today since I will be playing a busy week of catch up and homecoming stuff.

Have a good day everyone!!

Nicole
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010:
    GOALS:
    -60 MINS OF WALKING
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS KICKBOXING
    -CLEAN
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    today's goals completed.
    also, decided i am imposing a 6 day 90 min bikram yoga challange. today I completed day 1
    so goals for tomorrow
    1. BIKRAM class challenge day 2
    2. no dairy products
    3. no coffee
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    So Saturday's goals:
    1. Head to the gym before the day gets hectic. try to get in atleast 4miles.
    (I did over 15 miles on the bike yesterday!!!)
    2. eat sensible. I know its the weekend, but I still need to be smart so I don't undo the progress made all week.
    (yes, had a few fun foods, but I measured them all)
    3. continue drinking 9 glasses of water.
    (I got close to 9)
    4. Start thinking about what I want to pack for our trip. We don't leave until Thursday but I will procrastinate until Tuesday or Wednesday.
    (nope, still haven't started. but I have an idea of what I'm taking)

Oh, I also got the cooking done for the next few days. It'll take the guess work out of what I eat.
    I'll be on later to talk about Sunday's goals and to discuss my plan for Monday, which will probably be the same for most of the week.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Good evening all,

Well it has been another wet day in the UK but I am snuggled up nice and warm on the sofa now.

Today's goals...
    1.Stay within my cals - I have done this and I still have some calories left for a little treat later.
    2.Try and keep this positive attitude that I have right now - not exactly positive but I have done my best today.
    3.Try and get in at least 30 mins exercise - I did 40 mins on the exercise bike.

Tomorrow's goals...
    1. Stay within my cals
    2. Drink plenty of water
    3. Make wise food choices at the shopping mall.

I am looking forward to tomorow because when I finish work my daughter and I are going to the shopping mall for some much needed retail therapy! Can't wait!
  • erin_89
    erin_89 Posts: 45
    Options
    Did all three challenges
    1. WATER WATER WATER

2. Walk one more time before the day is over

3. Eat within my cal numbers

Today 1. 9 cups of water
    2. do different work outs
    3. stay within my cal
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Sunday's goal:
    1. keep eating clean, as I weigh in on Monday.
    2. drink more water than I did on Saturday.
    3. zumba @2:30
    4. start preparing meals for the week.

1. I did a great job eating! had a few snacks, but I allowed for them. I made sure to measure everything!
    2. I ended up drinking about the same.
    3. yes, and had a great time.
    4. yes, I have so many fruits and veggies to eat before Thursday because we are going out of town for a long Columbus day weekend and I know they will get old before I get back.
    ** And I actually started packing!

Monday-
    1. go to gym after my daughter goes to school, burn atleast 400 calories.
    2. walk atleast 2 miles in the afternoon.
    3. eat fruits and vegetables with every meal.
    4. try to avoid soda.
    5. continue packing.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Well I had some extra time, so I thought I would take the liberty to address the group one by one. Thanks to Nicole, we have become a tight knit little group over the past 30 days or so. So I just want to get to know the ones that joined us for October.

Jess, excellent job on meeting your goals. I'm raising a diva too. No daredevils, not yet, maybe in the future. My daughter likes to work out with me. Denise Austin has a cute kid workout video and she will do it for about 10 minutes. We like to do things like see who can do the most jumping jacks or who can jump rope the longest. We run sprints outside, like who can run to the 3rd tree the fastest. She is very competitive and an awesome swimmer. Does your gym have day care? Maybe while the princess is at school and the daredevil is napping you can squeeze in a workout video. But it seems like you have been doing great so far. your circuits seem very effective.

Hey Erin, I like breaking my workouts up too. Just feel like I can keep burning more calories all day long when I do it that way. What other workouts do you normally do? Have you been drinking extra water lately? I know that was one of your goals.

fitbot, do you go by your screenname or by another name? What's bikram yoga? Sounds interesting. I never realized how hard yoga was until I tried it. I have terrible balance! Was it hard for you to go without dairy or coffee?

Hi Karen, your plan to eat green sounds like a great one. That's one of the things that I'd like to do too. What type of exercises do you do? which one is your favorite?

kizzy- how long is that jillian kickboxing? I didn't even know she had a kickboxing dvd. I'll have to search around for that one.

Nicole, I hope you're feeling better and the antibotics start to make more than just your throat feel better. Have your roommate do your laundry. You need to rest. What type of preparations do you have to do for homecoming? Are you guys learning a new cheer? are you part of the committee that decorates and do the planning?

Nam, how was body combat? did you have a good time Saturday night?

Beth, I'm glad you have a good relationship with your MIL. I do too! I got the kitchen done and most of the laundry. What a steal on the shred dvd! I hope you like it. there are so many shred threads on here, maybe you can jump on there if you need support. Sim and I have both completed the 30 days of shred. But there are so many ppl on here that can relate to the pain and torture Jillian puts you through. So just a thought!

Sim, shopping with your daughter sounds like so much fun! That's one thing that I look forward to doing with my daughter when she is older. She is already a little shopaholic. I hope the rain stays away so you can shop 'til you drop. Bonus- walking around the mall burns calories! lol

Have a good night and a happy Monday!
  • fitbot
    Options
    Hi Leelawatson
    First of all I really like this forum, making these little one day goals makes them feel really attaintable... and for example yesterday I really did not want to work out but I did bc i had committed to it in writing. :)
    when I say dairy, i mean milk and cheeses (i have reason to believe that it is cheese which is stopping me from losing weight as i enjoy the REALLY fat filled ones), i still have a bit of natural yogurt or kefir in the morning for healthy bacteria.

I drink soy milk or almond milk in my caffeinated beverages.

i am trying to cut out coffee about 80% of the time ( i love coffee and want to have it as a treat), but I still have green tea or yerba matte, which are supposed to be antioxidant and much more healthy

bikram yoga is probably the best most intense work out of all time. It is a series of 26 postures done over 90 min. in a room that is heated to 38C (I think that is 100 fahrenheit). What this means is that you are sweating, the entire time. your poses get much more intense as your muscles are warmed up, so you have a more intense workout. And best of all it is for all levels! When I started practicing I had no idea about yoga at all. At the end i feel calmer, more focused, and my body feels great.

http://www.bikramyogagvnc.com/benefits.htm

I highly recommend it. I have never done it 6 days in a row... The max was ever 3 times per week. so i am excited and a bit scared.
    day 2 today
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Goals for Saturday:
    1. Go to Body Combat class in the morning.
    2. Keep within my cals (am going out in the evening so have to make healthy food choices).
    3. Hoover!

Morning all!

Hope you're all well and had a great weekend.

So let me tell you about body combat - class was at 10am on Saturday morning and it's 11am Monday morning now and I AM STILL ACHING!! It's a high energy class kicking and punching (thin air not anybody)! and is set to music and is such good fun! It also helped that the instructor is possibly the best looking guy I have ever seen! Made me work even harder so I ended up burning 740 cals in that hour!!

So didn't quite get the hoovering done on Saturday but I did it last night and gave the place and really good clean so I feel much better!

Saturday night was great fun but the girl whose birthday it was was sooooo drunk and was very funny - entertainment for everyone else but serious embarrassment for her! She didn't seem that bothered the next day - I know I would have been if it was me! Happily I had a clean eating day and only a couple of low cal drinks that kept me below my cals for the day. It was the first time I have seen a lot of those people since I started on mfp and I got lots of lovely compliments which was really unexpected but lovely!

So goals for Monday:

1. Gym.
    2. More veggies with my meals!
    3. Water water water. This is still such a problem for me.

Sim have you been watching x factor?? I missed it on Saturday but managed to catch it last night. What was Cheryl thinking?? Retail therapy sounds lovely - enjoy and treat yourself to something for all your hard work!

Leela love it that you do a mini competition with your daughter! Great way of staying fit for you both!

Jess - love your descriptions of your kids! Sounds like every day is entertaining!

Fitbot - I've done Bikram Yoga before - oh my gosh is all I can say! The heat was incredible but it definitely makes you more flexible and able to do the moves. 6 days in a row is intense - good luck and let us know how you get on.

Nicole hope you are feeling much better and managed to get some rest.

Wow long post from me - must do some work!

Have a great day!
  • fitbot
    Options
    i adore kickboxing.
    i was at my fittest ever when i was doing it 2-3 times per week.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Namika-- that Body Combat class sounds like so much fun! I used to kickbox and loved it ... and I know how much your body hurts afterwards. I am feeling a little better today-- I'm actually making it out of my room for classes! I made it out yesterday for a meeting. It was a lot but I made it.

Leela- O so much to do for homecoming! My fraternity has a float in the parade so I have to go pomp for at least 5 hours-- meaning folding up tissue paper and sticking it in chicken water. And I'm manning a carnival booth from 4-5 on Wednesday. And I have to play catch up.

And... I have my first THON committee meeting of the semester!!! I finally got the call last night that I got a position and am sooooo excited! Fundraising season has officially begun so we have our first canning weekend this month as well as the THON 5k!! So excited to get underway.

Moving on... because I do have class. Met my goals yesterday... not much schoolwork done. Like a tiny amount but I needed rest from laundry. Eagles killed me yesterday. No clue where they were but their heads were not in the game and now Vick is hurt... ahhhh.

Goals for today:

1. Water, fluids, etc.
    2. Nap-- need to remember that my body does still need rest even though I'm back into things.
    3. A few hours of pomping.

Have a good day everyone!

Nicole
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    [/quote]
    Goals for Saturday 10/02

1.) GET THIS HOUSE CLEAN AND BURN CALORIES WHILE DOING IT!!! I never would have thought how much 2 hours of cleaning can burn *****DONE*****

2.) At my childrens naptime-TAE BO
    FAILED. A FRIEND CAME OVER TO VISIT/AND I WAS GOING TO DO IT THAT NIGHT, BUT GOT A CALL THAT A FRIEND OF MINE THAT IS IN ICU, WILL PASS SOON-SO I SPENT A FEW HOURS AT THE HOSPITAL.

3.) Get my booty to SAMS and get some more EAS-I am OUT.
    FAIL FOR THE SAME REASON AS ABOVE.
    [/quote]

Didn't get on yesterday because I was at Kings Island all day.............

Monday 10/4 goals
    1.)Be productive at work. Get things done that need to be done so I am not stressing over the same thing tomorrow.

2.)Exersice before I go to bed.

3.)Find time to make it to the hospital. My buddy wont be here physically ver much longer. Tragic accident. He struggled to survice for over 2 weeks. It's just been to much on him. I have said everything I've needed to say to him, but I still feel like I need to see him everyday. Pray his family finds peace. He is only 30. His parents and grandparents are having one hell of a time.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 monday through friday, get my two angels and myself ready. Take them both to their schools, and then I come to work until 4:30. I leave work and go pick up the children and usually don't make it home until around 5:30 or so. So there is 12 hours out of my day that is completely devoted to others. lolol.
    Then when I get home my husband and I both cook and clean together. (love him!!!) Spend time with the kids, put them down at 8pm. Then after that---finally
    I can exersize. I really wish I was a stay at home mom, but we just can't swing it. I try sometimes to walk during lunch, but I get all sweaty, or it's raining, or something. Heck we have a gym in our building, but I have to deal with the public and can't shower afterwards. lol So, $$$ and time wise there is no gym going for me. I can't do it. That's why I struggle finding time to do it on my own.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ok so I got most of what I planned on getting done accomplished this weekend. Still working on getting the kitchen around because we ended up spending all day both Sat and Sun over at the in-laws. Took longer to lay the new floor than we thought it would. Also they accidently put 2 holes in the wall... Oooops:) hehe Fun fun. But I did get a good workout this weekend moving all of that furniture around and then scrubbing the floor to get the old glue off from the old flooring. I still took my walk though I didn't end up doing it on the Riverwalk. I walked the path at the park that is closer to my in-laws house. They live a county over from us. It takes almost a half hour just to get over there and its mostly highway driving. But it was good weekend.

Goals for today.

1. Start Shred. Not really looking forward to starting this one. But I know it will be good for me:)
    2. Finish the kitchen
    3. water water
    4. Stay under calories
    5. clean off the ottoman so I can get into it. Its where all our blankets are and its started to get cold. We had a frost this morning. Yay for my allergies!!:)

Well I'm off to get started on that Shred. Jillian is gonna kick my butt today.

Good to see everyone is enjoying this thread so much. I like us all being so tight knit on here:) You all help keep me into this more than I would be otherwise! Thank you all so much for that! :flowerforyou:
  • fitbot
    Options
    day 2 of 6 of bikram yoga, complete / no dairy eaten / stayed under calories

goals for tomorrow
    1- bikram day 3 of 6
    2- stay under calories
    3- lots of water!!!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Good evening all,

So tired, I have walked my little feet off today!

Today's goals...
    1. Stay within my cals - yep
    2. Drink plenty of water - yep
    3. Make wise food choices at the shopping mall - erm, I had a kfc but still within my cals because I burnt loads of calories walking.

Goals for tomorrow
    1. Stay within my cals
    2. Do at least 30 mins exercise
    3. Make wise food choices

Leela, I love reading your posts and you are always thinking of everybody. You really do have a big heart :flowerforyou:

Nam, I am loving the x factor! Not sure about some of their choices but it is definately hotting up! And the twist next week! Der, der, derrrrrr!!!!!

Simone
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    1. Start Shred. Not really looking forward to starting this one. But I know it will be good for me:) DONE:)
    2. Finish the kitchen FAIL
    3. water water DOING GOOD
    4. Stay under calories DONE
    5. clean off the ottoman so I can get into it. Its where all our blankets are and its started to get cold. We had a frost this morning. Yay for my allergies!!:) FAIL

So I'm running on about a 65% sucess rate today:) Considering what I got done had to do with weightloss and what I didn't get done is just house work, I'm happy with that:)

Now for tomorrow

1. Riverwalk with friend
    2. Doc appt for me. Hoping to get referral to an endrocronologist.
    3. water
    4. day 2 of shred.
    5. kitchen

Ok well Hopefully I can get all of that done tomorrow:) Goodnight everyone!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Monday-
    1. go to gym after my daughter goes to school, burn atleast 400 calories.
    2. walk atleast 2 miles in the afternoon.
    3. eat fruits and vegetables with every meal.
    4. try to avoid soda.
    5. continue packing.
    I didn't get to stay at the gym as long as I would have liked to. I didn't go for a walk this afternoon. I ended up doing an exercise video. But I did burn a total of 527 calories. I tried to eat fruits and vegetables with every meal. I didn't do a good job avoiding soda. I did get most of the packing done.

Tuesday-
    1. Clean eating all day (this means no potato chips or pop).
    2. continue abs and push ups.
    3. Workout after the doctor's office.
    4. go for a walk in the afternoon or do another video.