Ummmmm is this E harmony (fitness)?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    @ Joy, I didn't even notice your comment. I was speaking in general terms...No one called her ugly either(she was however called bitter) My point was I dislike when people use personal attacks because they don't like someone's opinion. Again I agree no negativity is needed here.

Truth be told, the OP baited people with the post then proceeded to encourage negative responses with her replies.

I don't like when people disagree and are automatically accused of bullying because they disagree. I see that as a personal attack as well.

But that's the Internet, not to mention a public forum.

If this is harsh, don't ever venture into other forums...like for gamers. Ever.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @ Joy, I didn't even notice your comment. I was speaking in general terms...No one called her ugly either(she was however called bitter) My point was I dislike when people use personal attacks because they don't like someone's opinion. Again I agree no negativity is needed here.

Truth be told, the OP baited people with the post then proceeded to encourage negative responses with her replies.

I don't like when people disagree and are automatically accused of bullying because they disagree. I see that as a personal attack as well.

yep!

her disapproval/contempt was thinly veiled in the OP and came out more prominently each time she replied.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Exactly.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the OP got the response she was looking for.
  • this14UDad
    Options
    A Dr. Who fan?! Just took my daughter to Baltimore Comic Con. It was great. Uh, just so u know I am not trying to score a date. Good news I forced my self to pack a lunch in hopes of avoiding some pitfalls! To bad the girl two offices down just stocked her candy dish:(
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Where do people do this? I've honestly never seen any posts that do this. Maybe i'm just not looking in the right places...

For real. I've been here for three years and I've seen plenty of people complain about it, but I've never actually seen it.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's not a dating site? I'm outta here in that case.

walking-gorilla-o.gif

I know this guy...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Where do people do this? I've honestly never seen any posts that do this. Maybe i'm just not looking in the right places...

For real. I've been here for three years and I've seen plenty of people complain about it, but I've never actually seen it.

Probably talking about those date/bang threads or/and the flirting in posts (which most is really friends joking around)
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Probably talking about those date/bang threads or/and the flirting in posts (which most is really friends joking around)

10/10 WB
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What the hell was all that about?!

I'm thinking someone went on one of the Bang, Pass, etc threads and too many people Passed on her. Or perhaps some dude flirted with her and she started making wedding plans. Then saw him flirting with someone else, and now his pet rabbit is boiling in a pot on his stove. I am sure she will be back. Look for the first anonymous new profile that posts on here with the same complaint.

Ahhh, what a way to wake up on a Friday morning. I need more coffee.

This made me laugh far more than it should have done :laugh:
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options

There are date/bang posts?? Where are these said posts? I want in:love:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    What in the world? People use this to find dates? Heck.....I'm trying to lose weight with support....not find someone to stress me the hell out and trigger my emotional eating.... Geez! Get your priorities right. Wow!

Angry much? What do you care why people use this site? Focus on yourself then, and don't worry about what other people do. THAT should be YOUR priority.
  • sandboxshelly
    sandboxshelly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    very funny. thanks for the morning laugh.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    People find love at grocery stores, book stores, church, museums, bars, playgrounds, high school reunions, bowling alleys and soccer practice. BUT if anyone finds someone they are remotely interested in on MFP they should immediately shut down those feelings because this is a FITNESS site darnit!!!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Just look in Chit Chat.

By the way- it's not a personal ads place. It's a rating game...just on case I have the wrong impression lol
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was just a victim of the mass blanket email in which someone claims to find you in a board and think you're gorgeous blah blah blah...how fun, not.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    What in the world? People use this to find dates? Heck.....I'm trying to lose weight with support....not find someone to stress me the hell out and trigger my emotional eating.... Geez! Get your priorities right. Wow!

Angry much? What do you care why people use this site? Focus on yourself then, and don't worry about what other people do. THAT should be YOUR priority.

FWIW... crazy, angry, judgemental OP has already rage quit.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Just look in Chit Chat.

By the way- it's not a personal ads place. It's a rating game...just on case I have the wrong impression lol

I was kidding...Iol
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    We're NOT all here for the same reasons.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

FWIW... crazy, angry, judgemental OP has already rage quit.

Because you need positive forum feedback in order for the calorie counter to work, right?
This discussion has been closed.