1 year, 130 pounds, and a belt

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    WOW just WOW I think your success story has to be the most moving I have read in a long time. You have overcome so many challenges and you should be so amazingly proud of yourself I don't even know you and I am so proud of you I want to give you a hug. :love: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Now YOU, my friend, are AMAZING :)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Beautiful post, beautiful lady. Awesome.
  • jcfelbi
    jcfelbi Posts: 19 Member
    DITTO. your short, sweet and to the point message is THE most motivating thing I've read. I wish you the best.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Just when you think you have read the best story you come across something like this. I love your post and your honesty. Blessings and praying that you reach your goal soon and maintain.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Amazing weight loss and I love what you wrote. You are an inspiration!
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member

Here's the bottom line: start today. Right now. Forget about what you ate for breakfast or lunch earlier today or earlier this week. Put down that unhealthy snack. Every breath is a chance to make a better choice. So start right now and make the next right choice.

I work a full-time job and 2 part time jobs. I have 5 kids. One of my kids has pretty intense special needs and requires round-the-clock skilled care. We're broke and we live paycheck to paycheck. I have never ever been healthy. I am genetically predisposed to being overweight. I had a horrible childhood. I went through a messy divorce. I'm a food addict.

Seriously, name just about any excuse and it's my excuse, too.

But you can decide today to take your life back. Right now you can make the next right choice. You can.

Amen. Get it, girl! You look amazing!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    "Here's the bottom line: start today. Right now. Forget about what you ate for breakfast or lunch earlier today or earlier this week. Put down that unhealthy snack. Every breath is a chance to make a better choice. So start right now and make the next right choice. "

Word!
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member

But you can decide today to take your life back. Right now you can make the next right choice. You can.

THIS :heart:
  • 2love22
    2love22 Posts: 10 Member
    I love your bottom line. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Here's the bottom line: start today. Right now. Forget about what you ate for breakfast or lunch earlier today or earlier this week. Put down that unhealthy snack. Every breath is a chance to make a better choice. So start right now and make the next right choice.

Thank you for sharing your experience!!! You're awesome!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    I love the MFP community! Thanks for your comments, messages, feedback, and encouragement. It means the world to me and it's one of the big reasons I've been able to stay committed to this new way of living.

I always felt like a failure because everyone said "One day at a time" was the key, but I couldn't even make it through one meal or one snack without making a bad choice. It wasn't until I realized that I didn't have to tackle an entire day that I finally felt like this whole life makeover was manageable.

The truth is that I may have made over my entire life, but I do it one tiny choice at a time.

Thank you, friends! :)
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    I love your latest photo -- and it has been a joy to share the last part of your journey with you.

Hurray for MFP pals!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Congratulations!! What an inspiring post as well!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I work a full-time job and 2 part time jobs. I have 5 kids. One of my kids has pretty intense special needs and requires round-the-clock skilled care. We're broke and we live paycheck to paycheck. I have never ever been healthy. I am genetically predisposed to being overweight. I had a horrible childhood. I went through a messy divorce. I'm a food addict.

Seriously, name just about any excuse and it's my excuse, too.
    I'm totally impressed by the physical transformation. You look fabulous. But I'm even more impressed by your emotional and mental resilience. You rock!
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Amazing transformation!!!!! You look great!!
  • Thank you for sharing. I needed to hear/see this. You're spot on with "Start right now." Great job! You seem like you're determined and a fighter. Keep up that strength--it's my inspiration.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Inspiring, very well done!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Amazing transformation!!!!! You look great!!
    Wow, KitaT92. You look pretty great yourself! Nice work!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Great message. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!