Ex dumped me because I was too fat

Options
14567810»

Replies

• suepat68
    Options
    Congratulations on being brave enough to face up to what has happened. This is a HUGE step in regaining yourself.

My biggest advice would be cut off ALL contact. Block his email, change your number etc. If your paths do cross, look straight through him. You owe him nothing.

You are 100 times the person he is.

Take the negatives from the situation and turn them to your advantage. After what he put you through, you CAN survive anything. You have an awareness of how abusive situations can happen to anyone which gives you an empathy for others.

Be proud of yourself for all you've achieved and will achieve xx
  • pari_06
    pari_06 Posts: 109
    Options
    You are BEAUTIFUL. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Your Ex is douche bag for not understanding your value. He should have worshipped the ground you walked on for putting up with his ****.
    Anyways forget him and be happy, you deserve better.
  • Amanojaku
    Options
    It is all about risk vs reward. You chose to stay with him hoping he would change from doing the negative things (risk) and give you just the positive things (reward). Your self image is low and his abusive actions kept your self image low which is what is positive (reward) to him. It allowed him to have control over you. Being rough with you, forcing you to lose weight or gain weight, cheating, over compensating by being a body builder shows how pathetic his self image is. These things are actions to feed his own self image (reward) to feel good about himself. He probably figured he could do what he wanted and you would always take him back or be there for himself. Total self centered a**hole, who viewed you as just his possession.
    You need to look at what you enjoy doing, what makes you feel good about yourself. Change from putting your self worth in the what another thinks about you. Everyone has there own opinion on what is beautiful, physically and mentally. His standards are high and unobtainable, over compensating for his own low self image. He will always be miserable, and trying to force what he wants because he is a selfish *unt.. There are billions of people on this planet and a huge portion I am sure think you are beautiful. Do what you enjoy and find someone with the same intrests.

Here is a video link of Jacque Fresco on depression. A leader for the venus project which is a humanitarian group.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-0ETX4z_DU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SM_TGuCL4
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, but in case it hasn't been said,

This guy wants to be a personal trainer? No. He clearly lacks the prerequisite skills to successfully motivate and support. And he's a totall asshat.

Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I d like to hear his side of this story out of curiosity.

That said, as a bloke and privy to bloke conversation, I know how strange men can be with no accounting for it and were I a woman I d certainly be a lesbian !!!!!
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, the day you were no longer with him you lost 100+ pounds of weight that had been holding you back! Proud of you for that loss! Nobody has the right to stand in your way.