Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I think mine sounds a little funny but........

Passing a McD's the other day and did not have the urge to buy the fries! It didn't even smell good and all I could think about was their nutrition (or lack thereof) value - did not want to waste calories on them at all!
    Not funny at all. This is awesome!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My NSV is I had a muscle pop out that excites me

20l542.jpg

Do you see it? :D
  • ideang
    Options
    My NSV this week is my wedding band is too big now, and sliding of my finger!!!! I think I'll wait to get resized though until my goals are closer.
  • pinkncrazee
    pinkncrazee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I actually participated with the kids at the park today! Usually I'm on the sidelines cheering. I played a some baseball, and even with the fat clapping as I chugged along, ran the bases. Then after they decided to go run the RC car and heli, Jude(3) and I kicked around the soccer ball for a while!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I actually participated with the kids at the park today! Usually I'm on the sidelines cheering. I played a some baseball, and even with the fat clapping as I chugged along, ran the bases. Then after they decided to go run the RC car and heli, Jude(3) and I kicked around the soccer ball for a while!

Those are the best nsv 's!!:flowerforyou:
  • Pegioue
    Pegioue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    <======= My face I finally see the difference
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I was usually on the sidelines during school/college functions..but during the last function at college..i danced for 4 hours straight with my friends and didn't care about how i looked cause i was confident i looked great!! :D:D

Best feeling ever!!
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today, my sister looked me up and down after picking me up at the gym, and said, "You better not get skinnier than me!"

This is pretty huge, because she's #2 for responsibility for my poor body image (right behind me).
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    NSV's ROCK!!! Only a person going thru our journey can truly appreciate them as much as we do!!! My NSV is that I get to wear some of the clothes that had been pushed way back into the "Maybe Someday Section." It's like going on a shopping spree!!!:happy:

Hell yes! I've been able to dig some of the "when I'm not enormous" clothing out as well...in fact, some of it is now kinda big on me. But I'd have to say my fave NSV so far was having my daughter's homeroom teacher from a year ago not recognize me at all because I've lost so much. That was awesome.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Tonight, my father-in-law said something along the lines of "Dang girl! You have lost A Lot of weight!". I was able to proudly reply, "60 pounds!". And, just on Wednesday, I wore a shirt labeled Large. I was a 3x, now comfortable/loose in a 2x. Pretty sure it was old and stretched out, but I'll take it!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm still just starting out, but... i have this winter jacket that's been super snug the past 2 winters, last winter moreso than the one before when i bought it ... snug to the point that if I got in the car after a hefty meal, the zipper would split up from the bottom and I'd have to fix it every time lol... today i tried it on for the heck of it and i didn't have to suck it in to get the zipper up, i could breathe in it, and there was even a few fingers worth of room between the bottom hem and my hips.. so, despite the fact that the scale might not be moving as quickly as i'd like or that i'm not seeing much difference in the mirror, the clothes don't lie, even this early in the game!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My boss is ordering me shirts in a size large...when I started this job 1.5 years ago, I was given 2XL.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Great work, everyone!

My big NSV this week came on Sept. 8, when I did my hospital's 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge. Participants climbed 110 flights of stairs to symbolize the floors in the World Trade Center towers and to memorialize the first responders who died on 9/11. It was my first official athletic event in more than a decade. Among the 116 participants who registered online, I tied for the sixth oldest. (Another 28 participants registered at the gate, but I don't know their ages.)

I completed the climb in about 2.75 hours and was very thankful for the massage therapists on duty and for all the other volunteers!

Our local firefighters did the climb in full bunker gear, including oxygen tanks. They were awesome.

9736837871_c2e907375a_z.jpg
    Group shot before the climb. I'm standing behind and between the kneeling servicemen who are second and third from the left.

Here's what I looked like after the climb:
    9706903134_d7ca56ac59.jpg
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The shorts that I thought were too tight at the beginning of summer were too baggy today!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job on your climb Ejourneys and thanks for sharing your photos!!!!!!

I'm starting to do a little fall cleaning and I came across a couple of things....a pretty pink coat and 2 pairs of boots once loved but they were uncomfortable and too tight to wear. Well I put them on and the coat swallowed me. I could have easily fit another person into it. As for the boots, they were sliding off me since my foot shunk 1.5 sizes. I just can't get over how far I have come...but the journey will always be ongoing for me!
  • pollypocket3
    pollypocket3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair pf athletic pants that were a Medium (8-10 pant size) a month ago that JUSTFIT. Haven't worn them since it's been warm. I just put them on and I'm down 10 lbs from when I bought them and they look GREAT - besides being about 3 inches too long even in the petite length (I'm just 5ft).
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tried on my son's(18yrs old) 32 inch jeans - they fitted and they were pretty loose!

Considering I was measured for a dinner suit 3 years ago and was told I needed a 38 inch waist ( I went for the 36 inch) and now I'm in a 34 and fitting loosely - I'll take that as my NSV of the week!

Well done to everyone for their own NSV's
  • Self_Control_Freak
    Options
    Ran 3 miles yesterday for the first time.

Started with couch to 5k smart phone app some 10 or 12 weeks ago. Never thought I'd be a runner at 47.

Enjoyed it so much, I did it again this morning before church.
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be introducing myself to notch 7 on my belt this past week (Started from notch 2 June 1st).
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My NSVs were twofold:

1. I fit into a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in A long time...

2. A coworker at work could notice that I had dropped weight...

All in all, a good week!

Reaan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!