OCTOBER 2010 JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    the official weigh in is tomorrow...october 1....if u miss a day...u just do the current days exercise
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how is everyone planning on logging their calories burned for these workouts?
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I think it's circuit training. I use a calories burned calculator to find out how much I burn with circuit training, because the calories MFP says I've burned are too much. If you have a heart rate monitor, you can use that, but I just google "calories burned calculator" find one with circuit training as an option, put in my weight and all that, and it tells me.

Edit: I can only say that about the 30-day shred. I haven't seen what the others are like! By the way, when do we start the weighing in?
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I was still 145 this morning. Didn't do measurements. I might here in a bit...

I use my HRM to calculate cals burned.

I just hope I can stay up long enough to do this...been so tired lately.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    So today is the day! Anyone else excited?

Current weight 165.6
    Will do measurements at home.
    I ordered a HRM monitor that will use to track calories. Its not one of the ones that go on your chest though.

I am alternating between my 3lb and 5lb weights for my workouts and do level 2 and level 3 instead of level 1 and 2. Going to be slightly flexible with it all.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

Current weight 165.6
    I ordered a HRM monitor that will use to track calories. Its not one of the ones that go on your chest though.

I am alternating between my 3lb and 5lb for my workouts and my do level 2 and level 3 instead of level 1 and 2. Going to be slightly flexible with it all.

I will do a couple days of level 2 but have swithced out level 3 for most of them. I just don't like level 2 much. Level 3 is my favorite.
  • ickybella
    Options

Current weight 165.6

I am alternating between my 3lb and 5lb for my workouts and my do level 2 and level 3 instead of level 1 and 2. Going to be slightly flexible with it all.

I'm excited! I weighed in at 182 this morning and did level 1 soon after. I had my husband measure me last night, but I'm not sure how accurate my measurements will be! He looked frightened and reluctant to be doing it, and I had to promise I wouldn't make him do it again until the end of the challenge. Where did you get a heart rate monitor? I've been considering it, because I try to be so accurate on everything else, but I'm not sure.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the fitbit so it should be in today or tomorrow. It got pretty good reviews, but it is a little pricey, but aren't they all? Hoping I get a more accurate count of my calories burnt. Now if I could find a device to track my calorie intake that didn't require me doing anything but eating I would be incredibly happy.
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ready to do 30DS here in a little while. I weighed in at 124.6 this morning. As far as heart rate monitors go, I got the Polar F6 off amazon.com for aroud $85. You can get them at stores like Academy if you don't mind paying a little more. Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Ok, my day 1 of this challenge is officially over, as it's 2 am here. Finished the day a little sore but under my calories! Kizzy, I saw on the non-moms group that you've done a spark people page, and you are right, it's definitely more organised. Will we have one as well? If not, that's cool. I was just wondering. Good luck with the challenge everyone and have a great night!
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Finished with Day 1! I think Shred level 1 is too easy (which is awesome, it nearly killed me the first time I ever did it), so I'm going to substitute most of the level 1's with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown workouts. That should up the challenge, as well as give me a little more variety.
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just finished shred L1 and unlike vachegomoo...it was hard!! But I'm looking forward to it being "easy" after this challenge. Congrats to all who completed day 1 and good luck for day 2!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bumppers!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Are all these vids available online anywhere? (to watch for free)
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yay! just finished it! i can tell i'm going to be sore tomorrow... yeah, shaky muscles!!!! i love and hate JM so much! but the workout went by so fast. it's been several months since i've done it and now i wonder wth i haven't kept up with it. might be bumping up to level 2/3 instead of 1/2 before long.... we'll see :)

i weighed in this morning and it looks like i might be down to 128, but that scale is so hard to read :( i had dh take some before pics of me this evening so i have something to compare myself to at the end of the challenge

looking forward tomorrow!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Hello everyone. Completed day 2 and it was rough! I'm a little scared about tomorrow, but I'm going to give it my best. Hope everyone is well.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I actually do have a sparkpage made for this challenge....so i'm going to add a special link to it for ONLY myfitnesspals people... here's the link to the sparkpage if anyone is interested:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=38276
  • ickybella
    Options
    Thanks, Kizzy. How is everyone doing with the challenge? NMTZ was really hard for me today! I thought my entire body was going to give out at various points. 30-DS should be simple tomorrow, lol.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Internet has been going in and out, so I haven't really been able to get on here. NMTZ was ROUGH! My arms still feel like they're going to fall off this morning! I'm really looking forward to an easier day today. :P
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had an awful stomach bug over the weekend so I'm going to start the challenge over today. I'm still not feeling 100% but since the first 2 days are fairly easy I'm going to go ahead and start today. Hope everyone is doing well!!