Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 390 lbs and pressed 125 lbs. Both PR's.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a size 10 in jeans, just a little loose but still good. But yesterday I got a size 8 dress pant and they fit great. I am also in the normal range for BMI for the first time in a long time.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me my blood work was good, my blood pressure was good, and my weight was good. She added a lecture about body fat, said mine was in range, and told me not to lose any more weight. I feel like I have arrived at my new life. I am going to start living from here!!!!
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba Fitness for the Wii about 18 months ago and it came with this free Zumba tshirt which was waaaaay too small for me. It was so tight, it fit like spandex!

I found it in the back of the wardrobe today so I wore it, to a two hour Zumbathon in aid of breast cancer....it fit perfectly! :bigsmile:
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have not worn my wedding ring since I was pregnant with my daughter who is turning three on Tuesday. Was able to wear it out on Saturday!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I fit into my pre pregnancy jeans 2 weeks after having my little guy and I'm only up 2 lbs from the pregnancy.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear my partner's small button-up shirts. Which is pretty good considering I was over 2 1/2 times her weight when I started.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple this week. They're not huge, but it all counts!

1. I netted under my calorie goals this week for the first time in a long time. Yay!
    2. I went to the gym twice before work this week, which meant getting up at 5am to do it... and it felt good!
    3. I had a spare hour on Friday afternoon before I had to be somewhere, so I went to the gym for twenty minutes!
    4. While I was doing #3, I knew I was too tight on time to start Day 1, Week 2 of c25k. So I decided instead to see how far I could run, and I ran for six consecutive minutes at 8kph. And I felt like I could have done quite a bit more!

Clearly all of this excites me, because I have used an exclamation mark at the end of each line! :)
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm completely excited about my NSV. My scale indicates I've only lost 22.5 lbs so far. There are a lot of people who have lost a LOT more weight than I have.

But let me tell you about my 22 lbs and the difference it's made so far:
    1) I have not had a single asthma attack since March. (Was having 3+ asthma attacks every day prior to this)
    2) I have size 24 dresses in my closet. I now have 2 size 14 REGULAR skirts in my closet, and a few other XL or regular 16s in my closet. I wore a skirt that I thought had fit to work last week. It kept falling off my butt.
    3) My bras are too large, I've had to downsize.
    4) I have lost 16" of flesh. An entire foot of flesh, which sounds really gross btw. But that's 4" off my midtorso (largest part of my belly) and 4" off my butt/hips area alone!

If I had just looked at the scale and said, hey, its only 22lbs, especially when there are others who have lost 60-80lbs in the same amount of time, I could have given up by now. But no...I celebrate every small victory. Every half pound. Every new size. Every time I have to change something from the way I was.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    2-30 second planks!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I went from an extra large shirt to a large!!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This week's NSV is that I registered for and participated in a charity bike event. [I bought my bike as a reward for losing 100 lbs about a month ago]. We were given jerseys. I showed up, biked, and wore the completely unforgiving cycling jersey. Now it's my icon.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My fiance telling me that I feel "like nothing!" when I am on top, but he meant it in a good way, like he can move me around so easily it amazes him. Sorry if that's TMI!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a victory... but after an exceptionally bad alcohol experience Sunday night into Monday, I spent a good day and a half trying to recover and figure WTF was wrong with me. Then I realized my weight loss over the past 9 months had totally changed a lifetime's worth of alcohol tolerance.

Dude! I understand. Mine wasn't alcohol related this time...but I ate these icebox dessert things, which amounted to about a cup or so of pudding and 6 chocolate graham crackers and I was in the bathroom for an hour and thought WTF is going on then realized my body has changed, and isn't used to crappy food.
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Completed the Week 1 Day 1 of C25K without stopping! I ran each 60 second interval to the fullest (slowly...but I did it). I weigh 289 pounds and I DID IT!!!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Completed the Week 1 Day 1 of C25K without stopping! I ran each 60 second interval to the fullest (slowly...but I did it). I weigh 289 pounds and I DID IT!!!

WOOOT!!! Awesome girl!
  • heyheyrae1
    Options
    My NSV this week: I didn't have ANY taco bell. That's huge for me. I tend to crave their nachos like crazy and they're my go-to when I've had a long day or feel depressed and want to stuff my face. Instead I've been driving straight home and reminding myself of all the food I prepared ahead of time so that I wouldn't fall into those old horrible habits again.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My running has been been very sporadic lately. My husband and I ran on Saturday, and I could still do 20 minutes without stopping. I really thought I was going to have to back up on c25k, so I am very happy.

Also, did 5:2 tis week (week 2).
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week: I didn't have ANY taco bell. That's huge for me. I tend to crave their nachos like crazy and they're my go-to when I've had a long day or feel depressed and want to stuff my face. Instead I've been driving straight home and reminding myself of all the food I prepared ahead of time so that I wouldn't fall into those old horrible habits again.

Nice one. I crave taco bell, too.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have two this week! :bigsmile:

Friday I went to a grand-reopening party at the club my fiancé works at, and had my new black dress on. I put a picture of us on Facebook and got several comments from friends along the lines of "you look great" and "your hard work is paying off"

I also started going through old jeans that I had packed away, and I found I can now wear SEVERAL pairs of jeans that I have not worn in years.

:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!