1 year, 130 pounds, and a belt

Options

Replies

• newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amazing words of wisdom! Congrats on your loss, you look incredible!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you are an amazing person! and 100% right. congrats you deserve it! true inspiration
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic .... I love your hair cut too, Suits you!!!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    wow! you look great :) I love seeing real success stories. Thank you
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow! I have to say again that I am totally overwhelmed by the responses here. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and affirmation.

Maybe it's because I look at the pictures for a long time while I edit them or while I am composing a post, but I sometimes find myself wondering, "Is there really a difference between these two photos?"

Yeah, I know... that's the old Fat-Logic talking. :)

I'll try to answer some of the more common questions I've received since posting this:

Yes, the jeans I'm wearing in the Now picture are indeed too big. Thank you for noticing. :) I have to prioritize the new wardrobe pieces. Jeans are next on my list. New bras were my most recent priority. Because it all starts with a good foundation, ladies.

I eat 1,200 calories a day and exercise 5 times a week. I recently switched to "TDEE minus 30%" for my calorie intake, which puts me at 1,550 calories daily. I find that this is just about exactly what I was already eating (maybe a smidge extra) but now I don't have to worry about tracking my exercise calories.

I started the 30 Day Shred when I was still very close to 300 pounds, added in some elliptical machine work a few months later, and then started Couch to 5K at around 240 pounds. I alternated daily between the elliptical and jogging and started doing a modified Strong Lifts 5x5 (the moves that I could figure out by watching the videos online). I'm currently doing Hal Higdon's half-marathon training schedule, so I run 4 days a week and cross-train/lift 1 day per week.

What I eat: fruit, veggies, lean meats, Luna bars, greek yogurt, string cheese, eggs. I avoid packaged/processed/canned as much as possible, including sugar substitutes.

What I drink: Water. Just water. Lots and lots of water. Probably more than 120 ounces daily.

But that's what is working for me. Your mileage may vary. :)
  • GatorLex82
    Options
    Wow!! I thought my problems made great excuses!! Thank you for sharing and for the inspirational words. Keep it up!!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You are a beauitiful lady and your story definitely helps me.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Blessings sent your way!! Your tribulations are many and so are your TRIUMPHS!!! Keep doing YOU!!! You are BEAUTIFUL...BEFORE and now!!!
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look amazing.
  • Danette73
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. You look absolutely amazing!!!!!
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you truly for that so needed that this morning You are inspiring to so many!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think it was the same person THAT'S how much you've changed, awesome, absolutely fabulous and inspiring, Congratulations on succeeding and long may it continue and thank you for sharing :)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! Thank you for sharing your determination!

Amazing transformation! Good Job!
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    That is great. There's my motivation for today after a bad weekend! Thank You! :)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I know that I myself have had setbacks, but no excuses. All are conscious choices I have made - good and bad. I can't blame something or someone - except my own self.

Congrats on the weight loss, and congrats on the upcoming event! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: (One for you, and one for each of your inspirations)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a difference one year makes!! Congrats on a job well done!!
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    But you can decide today to take your life back. Right now you can make the next right choice. You can.

^^THIS!! Everyday I feel like I have to get up, and make the choice (again!) to do this. Congratulations on your success! And thank you for the reminder and encouragement to keep going.
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ... what a difference it makes!

Then:
    315 pounds (at my highest; I'm about 289 in the picture below)
    Size 24 or 3X (although even that was a little snug)
    Totally miserable

Now:
    185 pounds
    Size 12 or L (although some size 12s are too big. Women's sizing is stupid)
    Running my first half-marathon next month

I'm just a smidge over 5'7" tall.

You can see the rest of the details at http://fatgirldiariesonline.com.

859a3185-7690-4dab-92eb-668f843e9446_zps386273a1.jpg

Here's the bottom line: start today. Right now. Forget about what you ate for breakfast or lunch earlier today or earlier this week. Put down that unhealthy snack. Every breath is a chance to make a better choice. So start right now and make the next right choice.

I work a full-time job and 2 part time jobs. I have 5 kids. One of my kids has pretty intense special needs and requires round-the-clock skilled care. We're broke and we live paycheck to paycheck. I have never ever been healthy. I am genetically predisposed to being overweight. I had a horrible childhood. I went through a messy divorce. I'm a food addict.

Seriously, name just about any excuse and it's my excuse, too.

But you can decide today to take your life back. Right now you can make the next right choice. You can.
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing what I need to read! Forgive myself, start over, and stop making excuses! Thanks for posting!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!