21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That damn TOM... I can so relate to the upset TOM can sometimes cause - believe me!!

You'll be on track... You never stray far!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    BBQ with friends today - only elbow exercise today!...

Hope your day goes well K!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day tazmac! Having friends around can be a wonderfully fun time. And, as you said, breaks in the routine are good, so long as you get back on the wagon quickly afterwords.

Round 6, day 17

Yay! I've finally figured out what a real rest day is supposed to look like! ::Grins::

Rest/prep day for the week.
    30 min folding laundry,
    45 min on my feet prepping meals for the week
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good for you....able to count off Day 17!!

Mine was a pretty slow day... Other than after party/gathering clean up.... I would say it was a lazy day.

Get some exercise in tomorrow!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Slow does not mean it wasn't productive. Missed my swim because I was buried under my books most of the afternoon. Spent the morning prepping food for the week, and figuring out how to get my sandwich-in-a-bowl to not turn into a bowl-shaped rock with additives and how to adapt an already low carb crepe recipe to eliminate the flour and dairy milk. (Both do ugly things to me, even in the limited quantity of the recipe. So they gotta go.)

3 hours prepping lunch foods for the coming week, and figuring out how to adapt recipes,
    30 minutes cleaning my personal living areas.

Wanted to add in some weeding, but the sun went to bed before I finished the homework mountain. So, I'm taking the rest of the night OFF! I think I have a book in the process. If I don't, then I'm sure I can find one to get lost in, and have another too-late night to keep the streak gong from last week. ::Grins::
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    REALLY didn't want to head back to school after I left to go attend to the hour or so of work that was scheduled for tonight. But, with the Saturday seminars starting this weekend, I've had to make adjustments. That means lifting will have to be AFTER labs (or work on Monday) just so I can get the study time I HAVE to have during the long lay-over between classes earlier in the days on Monday/Wednesday. So, I resolutely turned back to school after work, and hit the gym. (Major NSV there! I despise back-tracking for any reason. Even when I run errands, I try to ensure it is a loop from point A through anywhere else, to origin. So long as none of the stops require me to travel back over the same road in the same direction I've already gone once.)

Round 6, day 19

57 min walking around campus (1.9 mi),
    30 min stretching,
    90 min lifting,
    25 min elliptical (1.6 mi)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Great NSV K!!! great to acknowledge those too!

Round 5 - Day 16 (Monday)

5 km walk on the waterfront today! Have a couple of gal pals / co-workers join me today on the 5km walk. They will do it again, they tell me.... glad for the company!

45 min in the garden today - shoveled up 10 bags (total) of top soil and nutrient soil.

YAY!

Round 5 - Day 17 (Tuesday)

GPS watch data /// 3.59 miles (5.77754 km) /// 56 min 28 seconds /// 378 calories burned /// Avg pace: 3.7

My Gal Pals (GPs) joined me again today!! one of them had sore legs (as yesterday was her first day walking - and 5 km is a good run!).. Great company!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Wonderful that you have company to keep you moving. Hope they stick around for a while. I know I enjoy it when I have someone to work with myself. (At least when I'm not in the water. Pool time is MY time, and you'd better not bug me. ::Grins::) Just seems to make the time/distance/effort go by so much easier when you have friends along.

Sounds like you had a beautiful couple of days, and your garden is going to be stunning once it has a chance to get the new soil settled in. You are doing great, I love "hearing" your reports.

Round 6, day 19

Expected to be sore from lifting on 09-09 at work, but that went fine. It wasn't until I hit the pool that the DOMS decided to set in. Owwie!

49 min walking (2 miles - mostly around campus, some with work),
    3.5 hours cleaning (work),
    3 X 400 m medleys with breast stroke, free style, back stroke, side stroke (No life guard, so wasn't going to risk trying to drown myself on the butterfly today.)

Round 6 day 20 (09-11)
    Almost done with another round. Wasn't sure I was going to survive though! The arms are STILL screaming at me, and today was another lifting day. Supposed to be a total body day, but I wound up cutting several lifts out because I just couldn't make the muscles cooperate. Don't know what I'm doing different, but I'm doing SOMETHING different enough to make it seriously felt!

Walking 57 mins (walking around campus, 1.77 mi),
    stretching 10 min,
    Lifting 80 min,
    elliptical 25 min (1.65 mi)

I can definitely tell my cardio is shaping up. The burns are starting to fall off now, and I'm having to work harder to get the same monstrous results I've gotten spoiled with.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    End of Round 6: Went out with a RAWR!!

40 min walking (1.28 mi - mostly work, had to park and move and park on campus because I didn't leave the site on time. Oops.),
    4 hours cleaning (work),
    4 X 100 m medleys of breast stroke, free style, back stroke, butterfly/side stroke (last medley was all side stroke - life guard left)

And, this isn't including the 45 mins or so prepping brunch/lunch foods for tomorrow and Saturday, and cleaning up said containers from today.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Congratulations on wrapping up another round!! You are an inspiration for sure!!

High 5 to you!

:drinker:

Round 5 - Day 18 (Thursday)

Approx 40 min of walking about today - to & fro.... not direct.

Then 8 more bags of topsoil put in the front garden.... my feet are even tired tonight from the squatting...

Weekend is looming.... Heavy rain warning for tomorrow (remnants from Tropical Storm that moved up the coast!)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Doing great, and going strong still. Way to go. Definitely means you've got this habit well established and are happily digging in the groove for it to run in for a long, long time.

Understand about the sore feet from gardening, though mine are usually knees. Since we're actually getting some of the mytical wet stuff falling from the sky tonight, I think I see my knees and I having a hard discussion Sunday over the gardening-type work I really need to get done now that the soil's been softened.

Round 7, day 1
    Start with a whimper, but bulled through. It was a work day, and I really wish I could have slept! (Does 6 alarms required to actually get me moving give any clue?)

All work generated -

46 min walking,
    1 hour folding laundry,
    4.5 hours cleaning

The nice thing about this job is that I know the TYPE of work I'll be doing with everyone, I just don't know the exact specifics I'll be doing week to week, so it's keeping things fresh and shook up!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Walking, laundry and cleaning.... wicked work on the go K!!

Round 5 - day 19 (Friday)

Walking to and fro various meeting location approx 20 min... Not much else - attended a retirement party for a friend!

Round 5 - day 20 (Saturday)

Cleaning, prepping and painting hot water base board heaters, 10, various sizes...bending, squatting and moving furniture!... About 3 hours worth!!

Have a tee time booked for golf tomorrow!!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Owwwie! Gonna feel today's efforts tomorrow. Have a great game, despite the protests. ::Grins::

Round 7, day 2
    Massive whimpering day of excuses. Got my campus walk in (42 mins over 1.82 mi according to the pedometer)

Was supposed to hit the weight room after, but between hormones acting up from the least favorite relative coming BACK by, and the fact that I need to have a bit more time to work through a new routine to check the time on it, I gave into the temptation to NOT lift today. Hoping I can swim tomorrow.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good moving with the walking! ....and hope you get your swimming in tomorrow!

Round 5 - day 21 (Sunday)

5 hours on the golf course... A slower group in front of us today. (A round can be done in 4hrs 15 - 4hrs 30)

Beautiful, sunny day on the golf course... It is ALL good!

And bonus...another round complete!!

• Trishajac
    Options
    Good moving with the walking! ....and hope you get your swimming in tomorrow!

Round 5 - day 21 (Sunday)

5 hours on the golf course... A slower group in front of us today. (A round can be done in 4hrs 15 - 4hrs 30)

Beautiful, sunny day on the golf course... It is ALL good!

And bonus...another round complete!!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Well, if the round was a TINY bit slower, that just means a bigger burn, right? ::Grins::
    Glad you had a wonderful day on the course. Congrats on ending your round with a HUGE bang! Doing great!

Round 7, day 3

Nope, no swim today. ::Massive pout:: I was lucky to get accomplished what I did. I wound up living on Alieve, where usually 1 horse pill is enough to get things subdued to where I can ignore it. Almost had a dangerously low calorie day because of the problem. (NOT a fun day, but well accomplished)

60 mins walking (pacing through the house in agony),
    20 mins cleaning (once I started feeling better),
    30 min folding laundry (Bulled through the worst despite the pain, just so I'd have work clothes for the week.)

I'll take every one of them minutes too! Felt like I was being cut in half, despite the Alieve I was popping all day. Now to see how tomorrow goes. Fervently hope it is better! Never had it this bad before, and I hope this isn't a trend starting!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hey K!! You accomplished a lot while chewing on Aleve!! Good for you!

I was out to a doctor appt this morning (last in the series of confirmation of the Bells Palsy diagnosis...). Then I had a busy day around the house today... Hours of sorting/filing/shredding papers.... A job well done!...

Not many calories burned I fear...lol. Praps get into my round 6 tomorrow!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Don't knock shredding paper. Especially if it's by hand! One of my clients has been doing that, and I know they WORK. I may be there for a couple of hours or four, but they always keep their hands busy while I'm working on the rest of the house. I see the way they sweat just sitting there and ripping up old magazines or old paperwork for me to carry out to the trash. Good work, because I know how cleaning out filing can be physically taxing, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Round 7, day 4

Still confined to walking, walking, walking. I miss the gym, but with my unwelcome guest, I'm not giving it any more chances to go through my wardrobe. 2.06 miles covered today in 45 minutes. Most of it carrying or dragging my school bag (About half weight today because of the weird composition of books/notebooks for tests or study materials on the wrong days. Full load tomorrow.)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good walking work K!!

Round 6 - Day 1

Lunchtime walk with gal pals

GPS data = 3.80 miles / 6.115 km ** 61 min ** 3.7 pace ** 406 calories burned.

Bought bikes earlier this summer....did a 20 min run today....up and down hills.... Learning to shift the gears (again) as we pushed off from the curb was a hoot... May have to do that more often!

Yay for kicking off the next round!!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a blast with this round! Keeping things fun and interesting is part of what keeps you going back for more. Keep it up!

Round 7, day 5 (09-17)

1.5 hours cleaning [work]
    25 mins walking

Back decided to try to slip out and lock up, so didn't do much except what I couldn't rearrange for work and walking to/from doctor's offices. Seems I'm losing enough MORE of the fat layers under the muscles they haven't been able to keep up the tone needed to keep the lower back from going out. Going to be interesting to see if I can stay out of "Chiropractor'sville" this time around. Really hope so!

Round 7, day 6 (09-18)

43 min (walking to/from car carrying book bag [approx 30 pounds today] + 2 flights of stairs up and down carrying said bag),
    30 mins prepping breakfasts for the week (finally!)

Feeling MUCH better today, and it was too wet to drag my bag on its wheels. We actually got some of that mythical stuff that falls from the sky last night!