JEALOUS & HOT WIFE

Options

Replies

• Mirandae1221
    Mirandae1221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mettbt9wAc1rj3izuo1_400.gif

If you feel that you have done nothing wrong then don't sweat it. You probably won't change her attitude towards you anyway even if you did approach her. Even the "hottest" people have insecurities.

I TOTALLY AGREE!! But if you all were cool with each other in the beginning and NOW she is copping an attitude, then yes, I would ask her what is up. Because that is what mature adults do. We don't talk and whisper behind a person's back. You confront the issues.
  • AdriMinus80
    Options
    [/quote]

let me ask this, if the roles were reversed and your husband were the boss and doing those things your boss does for you for someone else, how would you feel?
    [/quote]

I would be so angry! But do I tell him to stop??? I don't want him to think that I think he's flirting when maybe that's just the type of person he is?? IDK.... I totally feel her, I'm a wife and it happens. I just thought that maybe HOT women knew they got their **** handled and wouldn't worry about a fat girl trying to take her husband... which is SOOOOOO NOT THE case!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

let me ask this, if the roles were reversed and your husband were the boss and doing those things your boss does for you for someone else, how would you feel?

I would be so angry! But do I tell him to stop??? I don't want him to think that I think he's flirting when maybe that's just the type of person he is?? IDK.... I totally feel her, I'm a wife and it happens. I just thought that maybe HOT women knew they got their **** handled and wouldn't worry about a fat girl trying to take her husband... which is SOOOOOO NOT THE case!

Nope. Not all hot women are secure, especially when their husband is blatantly doing favors/nice things for one employee, i.e. flirting. I don't care how hot someone is, if that upsets someone, it upsets them at any weight, look, etc... So, you say it would upset you, maybe you need to consider talking to the wife, at the very least.
  • AdriMinus80
    Options
    I think I'm more concerned by the fact that you're not reporting your time properly and therefore stealing from the company. That you come in late and take time off and he just lets you do it. That to me is more serious than his wife shooting you evil looks.

He paid me for 2 days of work because my kid was sick..... and I had worked 3 days in a row until 8 pm because we had a huge submittal. I didn't have sick time because I was new and I guess I don't deserve to get paid to spend 2 days with my sick son at home. But he paid them and I didn't argue it. I should have though. But I have a family so I didn't. When I come in late and leave early ... I don't get paid for that time. He was just more flexible to my time in and time out. Yeah ... it did seem weird how nice he was and I did talk to my husband about it. I didn't report to anyone else so I just kept working my *kitten* off as best as I could, taking on new projects and trying to learn everything on my own so that I could help his project... I thought that maybe he appreciated the fact that even though I have 2 kids and a husband at home that I would stay 4 or 5 hours over my time to help him complete the things we had to complete. I took those 2 days as more of a reward that I needed.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I bet she checked his text messages.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Let's see........Maria Shriver? Hot babe and extremely intelligent with money and her husband cheated! Sooooo many examples but that one comes to mind.

One of my co-workers experienced extra attention (talking, flirting) from one of the doctors, and it got to the point where she was uncomfortable. He was single and she was married. She started talking to him about her wonderful husband and kids. Finally he got the message.

As far as the hot wife goes....be friendly and talk, talk, talk about your wonderful husband!

If that doesn't work, you might need to find another job.

Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just ask her?

CAUTIOUSLY. Maybe a nice, "Have I offended you?" or "Is everything ok" next time you see her in your workplace. I wouldn't try contacting her outside of work and asking her what her problem is. You do want to keep your job after all.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Well, if you know where she is coming from and know how she probably feels, the decent thing to do would be to tell her hubby to lay off the nice things. That while you appreciate it, that it is sending the wrong message to his wife and most likely other workers. Not to mention, what he is doing with the sick time is probably against company policy, therefore putting everyone involved job's on the line...

All I know is if my hubby was laying his job out there for another employee, man or woman, to be nice, his derriere would be on my shizit list.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I just wouldn't give a crap and I'd keep letting boss man make me tea and let me be late. As long as you're not "returning the favor" in an inappropriate way, carry on. Enjoy the perks.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Didn't Halle Berry get cheated on multiple times? Just goes to show it doesn't matter how you look or who you are.

I am more concerned about you letting him give you special treatment. Ugh, I've worked with bosses like that who favored certain employees and it's terrible for the overall office morale. It also seems you might be sending him the wrong signals by accepting his favors. Time to have a talk and draw the boundaries.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Wait, so he's NOT your boss any more? Maybe his wife is giving you the stink-eye because while you were working for him you freed him up to do a lot of other things like go home early to her and now that you're not working for him he's busier than he should be.

As for the paid sick days:I don't get what the uproar is about with that one. I had a boss who gave me a free week off (meaning he didn't put it in to HR as vacation time) because I was working my butt off and picked up the slack for the entire team. It was his way of saying 'thanks for the good work'.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8st85oIf21r6gk4zo1_400.gif

LOL this was too funny:laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well... he probably sees something in you that his wife is lacking, and it might not necessarily be aesthetic. You might have some personality trait that he actually finds attractive in a woman that his wife is completely lacking. Unfortunately, it would seem that his wife has picked up on his attraction to you, and her insecurities are causing her to be hostile towards you, in spite of the fact that you have behaved yourself professionally.

My best advice for you is to continue to behave professionally towards him and her, continue to respect yourself, and let them work through their marital discord on their own. However, if the environment becomes too hostile, you might need to consider changing your job circumstances if you can.

Best of luck!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more concerned by the fact that you're not reporting your time properly and therefore stealing from the company. That you come in late and take time off and he just lets you do it. That to me is more serious than his wife shooting you evil looks.

He paid me for 2 days of work because my kid was sick..... and I had worked 3 days in a row until 8 pm because we had a huge submittal. I didn't have sick time because I was new and I guess I don't deserve to get paid to spend 2 days with my sick son at home. But he paid them and I didn't argue it. I should have though. But I have a family so I didn't. When I come in late and leave early ... I don't get paid for that time. He was just more flexible to my time in and time out. Yeah ... it did seem weird how nice he was and I did talk to my husband about it. I didn't report to anyone else so I just kept working my *kitten* off as best as I could, taking on new projects and trying to learn everything on my own so that I could help his project... I thought that maybe he appreciated the fact that even though I have 2 kids and a husband at home that I would stay 4 or 5 hours over my time to help him complete the things we had to complete. I took those 2 days as more of a reward that I needed.

Are you salaried or paid hourly? If salaried, you work WHATEVER hours are needed to complete the job - I know this from my husband, who sometimes is working from home at all hours of the night and weekend. If you are paid hourly, that should have been pay that was time and a half. And I'm sorry, but unless your starting wage was some outrageous amount per hour or in some very specialized field, $5 an hour increase after only 2 weeks is NOT normal.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a desperate for attention kind of post. Come on here, brag about how big and curvy and confident you are and about how your hot boss does all these favors for you, ask what to make of it and then sit back while everyone cuts down his hot wife for being not as confident and tells you how much better fat girls are than skinny ones. You're a married woman flirting with a married man and you want a thumbs up? His wife has every right to be a ***** to you and hopefully she's being one to him too at home.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Wait, so he's NOT your boss any more? Maybe his wife is giving you the stink-eye because while you were working for him you freed him up to do a lot of other things like go home early to her and now that you're not working for him he's busier than he should be.

Sorry OP, I missed the part where you said he's your ex-boss.

Since you and his wife aren't the best of buddies and you don't work together anyway then who cares what she thinks. If you are happy with your husband then why does it matter. No loss, move on.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    His wife has every right to be a ***** to you and hopefully she's being one to him too at home.

Which is probably why he is crushing on someone else in the first place! Jus' sayin'.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I feel like this is a desperate for attention kind of post. Come on here, brag about how big and curvy and confident you are and about how your hot boss does all these favors for you, ask what to make of it and then sit back while everyone cuts down his hot wife for being not as confident and tells you how much better fat girls are than skinny ones. You're a married woman flirting with a married man and you want a thumbs up? His wife has every right to be a ***** to you and hopefully she's being one to him too at home.

I think the word you were looking for was "humble-brag".
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The dude got drunk and told his wife he wants to recruit you for a threesome. .
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

And you said what I am sure everyone was thinking but didn't want to say (or at least I was thinking it when I first read it) because he's actually NOT her boss any longer.