Learn What it means to "Eat Clean"

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone what's with all the arguing? The lady said learn what it means to eat clean and it IS confusing.

Like, whole foods would be brown rice and not white rice because its less processed. I think what she's saying is that by eating whole foods we'll be in better shape.

And it's clear that there a LOT of dirty eaters on this website. You filthy eaters should be eating whole foods and YOU'RE NOT. I see a list of database entries like this, and it just drives me nuts:

banananopeel_zpsb458f865.png

Whole foods, people. Stop processing your stuff into the simplest sugars you can.

White rice is arguably better nutrition wise and a billion times better taste wise
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    White rice is arguably better nutrition wise and a billion times better taste wise

You sound like one of those holy rollers who is too "first world" to eat a banana w/peel, cluttering up my food database with all of your slime, your filth, your putrescence. Boo! Boo!

tumblr_ltfriwdxHN1qjiw0zo1_400.gif

You people make me sick.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    *bumping so I have some entertainment to read later.

When are the people who make these kind of posts going to learn. Oh wait, I would swear half of these clean eating posts are troll posts. You can't tell me they haven't read similar posts in the past and they suddenly think they can do a better job than the last person.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

You sound like one of those holy rollers who is too "first world" to eat a banana w/peel, cluttering up my food database with all of your slime, your filth, your putrescence. Boo! Boo!

tumblr_ltfriwdxHN1qjiw0zo1_400.gif

You people make me sick.

BooThisMan.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone what's with all the arguing? The lady said learn what it means to eat clean and it IS confusing.

Like, whole foods would be brown rice and not white rice because its less processed. I think what she's saying is that by eating whole foods we'll be in better shape.

And it's clear that there a LOT of dirty eaters on this website. You filthy eaters should be eating whole foods and YOU'RE NOT. I see a list of database entries like this, and it just drives me nuts:

banananopeel_zpsb458f865.png

Whole foods, people. Stop processing your stuff into the simplest sugars you can.

^Hero material right there...but I'm part Asian so biased :laugh:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    ...and here I thought clean eating meant..."5-second Rule"!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Me too! If it hits the floor and I can get to it before the dogs... It's clean.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    But I rinse my fruits and veggies first!! Does that make me a clean eater??! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I thought it was the 3-second Rule? Are you telling me all this time I could have been eating dirtier food!?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I thought it was the 3-second Rule? Are you telling me all this time I could have been eating dirtier food!?

You're blowing my mind! How could clean food be dirtier than clean food?
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So someone's offered to help others and everyone is showering her with abuse. What a cool bunch of people on MFP. This is why I don't go into the forums.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So someone's offered to help others and everyone is showering her with abuse. What a cool bunch of people on MFP. This is why I don't go into the forums.

How is it help if it's not correct?
  • paigeosb
    paigeosb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested in learning more about clean eating! I am new to MFP so am unsure of how to add people to my page, but am certainly open to suggestions!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm only starting my 3rd week of "cleaner" eating - I'm a work in progress - but, I'm noticing a difference in my energy level. I can't wait to see how I feel once I'm two or three months in and have gone even "cleaner."

For me, the eMeals Clean Eating plan is helping me with meal planning because the plans also comes with the shopping list which cuts out a lot of hassle and time for me.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    And yet here you are.
    Ironic post is ironic.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested in learning more about clean eating! I am new to MFP so am unsure of how to add people to my page, but am certainly open to suggestions!

clean eating leads to ebola.

and smugness.

and despair.

but mostly ebola.

and smugness.

and despair.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a conversation I heard in a store.

Customer: "The package says all natural?"
    Clerk: "Yeah?"
    Customer: "So why do you add sodium chloride? And what the hell is sodium bicarbonate!?!"
    Clerk: "Salt. And Baking Soda."
    Thank you this made me snort!:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Correcting incorrect information=/=abuse
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Correcting incorrect information=/=abuse

And there's a nice way you can do it and a not-so-nice way. I've definitely seen the latter.