Drink Life In - Anyone trying Zija to shed some pounds?

Options

Replies

• Gharley64
    Gharley64 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is Zija?? lol

Yet another compound marketed by MLM tactics (see pyramid scheme) that makes you feel full for a while, while (besides a possible placebo effect) has absolutely NO evidence behind it.
    Actually, the moringa has shown to be An abortifacient...which means it can cause miscarriages.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this.... until of course now. I guess then my question is... there has to be a considerable cost to this?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Zija (moringa oleifera) is amazing! Researchers call it the miracle tree because it has SO many NUTRIENTS stuffed in it! And considering that its nutrients are not altered by humans in any way, its 100% absorbable in the human body. which means, you're paying for high quality stuff that is not being polluted with fillers and other junk and excreted out a few hours later. I have a friend who was a stage 4 cancer patient. She started taking zija and is now cancer FREE at 56!! My entire family takes zija, including my 5 yr old son and nieces,4&5. Its an amazing product, and yes the powder mix looks like swamp water. But for people who are used to sodas and junk food the. its going to look and taste different. try it for a week and then judge it. I know I've never felt so exhilarated every day . the energy is awesome and there are no crashes jolts or downs. its smooth and refreshing. Naturally!!! Give me a call or email me if you'd like to receive zija for free. Kathy8208@ gmail.com or 8.1.3.3.1.2.1.4.4.5!! Live Life Unlimited!!!
    What researchers are you speaking of? Where's the peer reviewed clinical study on it.........................................oh wait, you're a "distributor" of the product. Of course it's a miracle drink.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Dear Zija sellers and resellers,

Zija's multi-tiered marketing technique that you're "getting rich" from will most likely bite you in the end. This is the same sort of marketing done by Amway, Mary Kay and a host of other companies. It is, by definition, a pyramid scheme. While I can see you're trying really hard to sell the product you're going to run out of steam and avenues for sales. People will stop buying from you and it will crush your business. I would suggest you get out now while you're not deeply in debt to the company.

Dear everyone else,

The main active ingredient in Zija, moringa, has not been clinically tested on anything but rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15776678
    "We have tested the anti-inflammatory action of an aqueous extract of root in rats with weight between 120 and 160 g."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15776678
    "Variable doses of 100, 200 and 300 mg kg(-1) of aqueous extract were administered orally by gavage for evaluating their hypoglycemic and antidiabetic effects on fasting blood glucose (FBG), oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) and post prandial glucose (PPG) of normal and streptozotocin (STZ) induced sub, mild and severely diabetic rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19473793
    "Male Albino rats were rendered diabetic by STZ (45 mg/kg, intraperitoneally)."

The human metabolism is vastly different than rats. While there are probably real benefits to the plant, it is not fully tested yet. Anyone who tells you it is has been lying to you, and probably themselves.

NOTE: Some random "broseph" or "brosephina" telling you it worked for them does not equate to your own success. Beware.
    THIS so much.

IDEA Fitness member
  • lizajames1991
    Options
    Okay okay, this is what I think. And I'm only replying because I'm generally a pretty open minded
    Person and will try just about anything to see if I like it or it works things like that. I've done AdvoCare, Visalus, beach body, Scentsy, thirty one purses etc. all of those being MLM businesses. Personally I have ZERO problem with multiple level marketing businesses. Have any of you actually looked up the definition of that? It's when a company or an organization promises the receipt of something without delivering it. So Scentsy is an MLM business, NOT pyramid scheme because you are actually receiving what you INTENTIONALLY and willingly paid for. The same goes for body by vi, beach body, zija, things like that. Also I don't see where any of you say you can't find any information on the study of moringa and/or medical benefits. Because whenever I google it I find plenty. There's also been a Zija blood study done with all the factual medical Information in the article. AND there's been a documentary on moringa and the health benefits it contains. Also, with so many people who are actually extremely wealthy and actually know what they are talking about like Donald trump and warren Buffett who constantly say network marketing is the new business model and of they could change ANYTHING they did in the past, it would be getting involved with network marketing SOONER rather than later. I think I'll listen to the experts before people who bash on MLM businesses simply because it didn't work for them. I think MLM businesses don't work for everyone, but they do for some, and there's a big fat difference between that and pyramid schemes. Also no one was pushing anything, a gal simply asked for peoples Opinions, I didn't see any links to personal
    Selling pages listed, (other than one person so that to HER, not dismantle the entire thread) if every single Person bashed zija, no one would have said anything about reporting the thread. So get off your high horses and get over yourselves.
  • lizajames1991
    Options
    Also, zija is rated an A in the business bureau. If it was that terrible they wouldn't have rated it that. Mind you, the rating has gone from quite a few years ago when they first started. It's still currently rated an A.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Also I don't see where any of you say you can't find any information on the study of moringa and/or medical benefits. Because whenever I google it I find plenty. There's also been a Zija blood study done with all the factual medical Information in the article.
    PEER REVIEW hasn't concluded the claims from Zija to be entirely true.
    However, before M. oleifera leaf formulations can be recommended as medication in the prevention or treatment of diabetes and CVD, it is necessary that the scientific basis of their efficacy, the therapeutic modalities of their administration and their possible side effects be more rigorously determined.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3290775/
    Meaning, more research is still needed to concur with claims.
    AND there's been a documentary on moringa and the health benefits it contains.
    Documentaries are usually subjective especially when biased by the maker of it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Also no one was pushing anything, a gal simply asked for peoples Opinions, I didn't see any links to personal
    Selling pages listed, (other than one person so that to HER, not dismantle the entire thread) if every single Person bashed zija, no one would have said anything about reporting the thread. So get off your high horses and get over yourselves.

It's quite obvious that the first few posts were spammers (along with probably 99% of the other posters in this thread). They have no friends on MFP and have made very few posts in the months or year that they were members, and yet they all just happened to come across this post at the same time and had nothing but good things to say about this product? LOL. Seriously? And, I don't care if it's a product that I love and use everyday. I don't like people using sketchy methods to push their products on me. It's annoying.

ETA: subconsciously wrote "posers" instead of posters.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Also, zija is rated an A in the business bureau. If it was that terrible they wouldn't have rated it that. Mind you, the rating has gone from quite a few years ago when they first started. It's still currently rated an A.
    An A rating doesn't mean that it's a good business by the BBB. That's just the rating given on number of complaints. Statistically, only about 4 in 100 dissatisfied ever report or complain to a business.

IDEA Fitness member
  • esrdld
    esrdld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trust your skepticism. If this (or any other product like this) worked, it would work! You would be able to get it at any clinic or doctor's office, your insurance would cover it like a prescription product, and there would be thousands of hospitals, clinics, etc., across the country encouraging people to begin to use it in order to halt the obesity epidemic. This would be a miracle breakthrough, and front page news across the globe. It would be as big as the discovery of penicillin or the polio vaccine. Remember ephedra? Green coffee extract? Rasperry ketones? EGCG? Hoodia? Even the two drugs with decent research to make they deemed safe to approve by the FDA (Orlistat and Xenical) don't work very well! Think about the things you use when you're sick and need help - Morphine, Amoxicillin, an appendectomy.... you get those things from licensed practicitioners who prescribe them because of years of research proving that they're likely to work, right? You don't get them from your copy machine repairman because he swears they're all natural.

This is just another one of those things designed to separate us from our money when we're overwhelmed by the idea that there's only one way to success, and it's the hard way - eat less, move more. That's a proven formula for success, and it's free!

Best of luck.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Okay okay, this is what I think. And I'm only replying because I'm generally a pretty open minded
    Person and will try just about anything to see if I like it or it works things like that. I've done AdvoCare, Visalus, beach body, Scentsy, thirty one purses etc. all of those being MLM businesses. ......

Seriously?! You must be wealthy to keep trying all these MLM businesses or easily talked into stuff! Save your money, maybe use it for gym membership or something, log your food here for free, eat at a calorie deficit and exercise more. That way you'll eventually lose the weight you want, and get fit at the same time. That's what's working for me (almost 70lbs/ 5st in 6 months through diet and exercise and NO fad supplements!) and many others on this site.

Seriously there are no quick fixes, no easy ways to do this. None of us put the weight on in the space of a few months so why on earth do you think you can lose it like that? Would the medical profession be carrying out surgery on people when they could just prescribe a 'wonder' drink?! Save your money!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Looks like the latest snake oil miracle cure company had all its staff or pyramid members sign up to try and push this rubbish, you don't need miracles just a little effort and honesty!
  • lizajames1991
    Options
    I guess I just look at Zija as not a get fit fast or lose weight quick kind of substance, I view it like a multivitamin, only much much more. I don't go to the clinic to pick up my multivitamins or things like that. I get it where I want it from,
    I don't get protein shakes from the clinic, I get them from GNC or whichever company I like. Just because it's marketed as an MLM company, you people are 100% positive it's ****. No way around it. If you've actually tried it for than one week that's completely different, everyone is entitled to their opinion on whatever. But it means a bit more when you spend the time and energy to try something first hand and decide from there. Btw I regularly attend the gym and juice daily, last time I checked I was my own person and could spend my money where ever I like. Thanks for that though. I mean seriously you can find articles for and against almost every single product out there, thanks but I'll try things for myself and if I like it and it works for me great! Don't bash on people and tell them what they are doing is crap simply because YOU don't agree with it or it didn't work for you. Sorry, but people telling me what I can and can't do or talking to down to me because of a choice I make is a sore subject! Lol or for these other people on the thread who decided they DID like it. My advice, find someone who does and it try it out for 2 weeks or so, that's it. If you like it cool,
    If you don't then who cares! Don't do it. No skin off your back.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I guess I just look at Zija as not a get fit fast or lose weight quick kind of substance, I view it like a multivitamin, only much much more. I don't go to the clinic to pick up my multivitamins or things like that. I get it where I want it from,
    I don't get protein shakes from the clinic, I get them from GNC or whichever company I like. Just because it's marketed as an MLM company, you people are 100% positive it's ****. No way around it. If you've actually tried it for than one week that's completely different, everyone is entitled to their opinion on whatever. But it means a bit more when you spend the time and energy to try something first hand and decide from there. Btw I regularly attend the gym and juice daily, last time I checked I was my own person and could spend my money where ever I like. Thanks for that though. I mean seriously you can find articles for and against almost every single product out there, thanks but I'll try things for myself and if I like it and it works for me great! Don't bash on people and tell them what they are doing is crap simply because YOU don't agree with it or it didn't work for you. Sorry, but people telling me what I can and can't do or talking to down to me because of a choice I make is a sore subject! Lol or for these other people on the thread who decided they DID like it. My advice, find someone who does and it try it out for 2 weeks or so, that's it. If you like it cool,
    If you don't then who cares! Don't do it. No skin off your back.
    You're right, no skin off my back since I know how programs like this usually turn out. You're also correct that your choice is your choice, however on a public forum it's important to provide accurate and truthful information to those that might click on this thread out of curiosity. They may end up being desperate and end up signing up for some program that they really can't afford out of desperation. Seen it a lot in my time in this business and others. And I've been at this long enough to have seen lots of "magic" or "this is the only one" programs that get endorsed by people who giddy about a product, but really don't know that much about it other than what the seller told them. A good way to make a decision on something is to hear the pros and cons of it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • mtbchk
    mtbchk Posts: 22
    Options
    Can one of you Zija people post the current ingredient list of XM? It contained DMAA, aka., "Geranium", but now that that is illegal and has been taken off the shelves I was wondering how they reformulated it and what they are now using as the primary stimulant?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Donald Trump as a business expert. Funniest thing I've ever heard. The only things Trump is an expert at are filing bankruptcy and being born rich because of his daddy's money.
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been involved in several MLM companies and have done really well... this thread made me think of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83GhKj4_IQ
  • lizajames1991
    Options
    I'm not sure if your accusing me of lying to the people on this thread, or if that was directed toward the scam pushers you guys said posted earlier? Because I can assure just because I'm staying my opinion on the matter and keeping an open mind doesn't mean I'm lying.
  • fat2fit2fine
    Options
    You guys cant drink Zija or w/e miracle product for rest of your lives. Weight loss is all about change in life style .. start eating right and stick to that it will
    help you become fit
    save you lots of $$$ ( on junk food and junk supplement bills)

and i am saying this from experience i have had with all these miracle products , the only thing that seemed to work for me was eating right and sweating it out walking or jogging i lost 10kgs by just doing that
    but you have to keep it that way and make it your lifestyle otherwise the weight will bounce back quickly as it did for me :S
  • lizajames1991
    Options
    An A rating doesn't mean that it's a good business by the BBB. That's just the rating given on number of complaints. Statistically, only about 4 in 100 dissatisfied ever report or complain to a business.

IDEA Fitness member

Actually BBB reports on much much more than just complaints.

http://www.bbb.org/business-reviews/ratings/