Boob weight

Options

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight?

I would say so. Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone. If you look at the beyond skinny girls ie catwalk models - they have no boobs. Just nipples.

As a teacher I have to dispute this idea of its all silicone there are many 17/18 year olds in school who are very slim with ff and above boobs
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight?

I would say so. Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone. If you look at the beyond skinny girls ie catwalk models - they have no boobs. Just nipples.

God I wish that was true. But in my 20's I was about 95lbs and still a D cup. Actually I've been a D cup since around age 12, and probably weighed even less then, don't remember. I'd love to get rid of them. Wish I could even be a C. They're a pain in the butt!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    *looks down at flat chest* *cries*

You're all SPOILED!

*flounces off*
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

You're all SPOILED!

*flounces off*

Lol. Trust me sweetie, the grass only seems greener. And I have a good girlfriend that was FF and had surgery cause she couldn't take the back pain. Also, clothes don't always fit right, especially button down shirts. And we tend to look heavier with clothes on cause of them, even if we're actually thin.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

You're all SPOILED!

*flounces off*

because we have the genetics for it?

no honey...spoiled is the kid that has an ipod, ipad, laptop, samsung galaxy 4 phone, tv, playstation, wii, xbox and is only 11.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I wish my doctor would talk about my boobs... he's HAWT!!!! lol
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    The doctor had no reason to even mention your boobs. Sounds like a creep. Many doctors are, more than you would believe oh the stories I could tell you....

If you have to see him again - make sure there's a nurse in the room.

My doctor talks to me about my boobs all the time...

we talk about whether or not I'm checking them regularly for cysts (does that mean he's a creep for wanting to know if I grope myself?)

we talk about how as i get older they aren't as perky (because they are big....and more than a handful and i'm on the smallish frame size) and whether I want to talk to a plastic surgeon...

we talk about lots of things....we even (OMG REALLY?!?!?!) talk about my vajayjay...

he's MY DOCTOR. If I can talk to anyone about my body it's GOTTA be him....

and i trust his opinion...

so the doc said "are you considering your breasts" in your calculations? that's a valid point for some people....

it's not creepy at all.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone.

My BMI is smack in the center of the healthy range.

My girls are still 34DD's.

Your comment is silly and there are plenty of women who prove how false it is.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Do boobs really weigh that much?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone.

My BMI is smack in the center of the healthy range.

My girls are still 34DD's.

Your comment is silly and there are plenty of women who prove how false it is.

I think you misunderstood - I didn't mean slim or average - I meant skinny ie on the verge of underweight.

Sorry for not explaining it better, no offence meant! :flowerforyou:
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would say just going by your profile picture that you should just focus on being healthy. You look great! I am also pretty busty and when I lose weight I don't lose much in my bust either. What your doctor is saying sounds very logical to me.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The doctor had no reason to even mention your boobs. Sounds like a creep. Many doctors are, more than you would believe oh the stories I could tell you....

If you have to see him again - make sure there's a nurse in the room.

My doctor talks to me about my boobs all the time...

we talk about whether or not I'm checking them regularly for cysts (does that mean he's a creep for wanting to know if I grope myself?)

we talk about how as i get older they aren't as perky (because they are big....and more than a handful and i'm on the smallish frame size) and whether I want to talk to a plastic surgeon...

we talk about lots of things....we even (OMG REALLY?!?!?!) talk about my vajayjay...

he's MY DOCTOR. If I can talk to anyone about my body it's GOTTA be him....

and i trust his opinion...

so the doc said "are you considering your breasts" in your calculations? that's a valid point for some people....

it's not creepy at all.

I think I love you!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am also concerned that an MD mentioned your boobs when you asked about weight loss. However, it would be totally appropriate if he'd mentioned frame and height. I once had a nurse practitioner make a comment about my boob size and I complained to the medical facility and told them to never give me an appointment with her again.

Listen to you own body, and get yourself a new doctor. This one sounds a bit quacky.

I don't see why you'd get all squicky over that. doctors and nurses are there to help you watch over your health. your breasts are part of that. If they are exceedingly large that is an equation in your over all health that needs to be looked at. taking breast size into the equation if it should be in the equation is entirely reasonable.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    I am with the others who think it's a bit of a strange remark since it is part of your body weight. But I'll have to say, since I have large ones for my short stature, I do think about how they affect my exercise. I hate to run and will walk fast on the treadmill instead. Also, it does hinder a bit especially with pushups and planks as it feels like I have extra poundage pulling me down in that area . I feel that in those cases it is a bit of a disadvantage but I love my" girls" . I finally found the perfect exercise bra for large boobs (called " the last resort" LOL ) and it is the perfect bra and has changed my whole exercise life. I can jump, jog, box, do Zumba and yoga and they stay put now. Blessings on the inventor of this bra!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 kg, 10cm off bust 10 off waist. boobs seem tiny now. but at my age I suppose thats less for gravity to work on lol.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor told me that about 10lbs of my weight was my boobs. Even at my smallest, which was around 120lbs, I was a 32E. I actually don't gain or lose much there. I'm bigger around (38 now) but the rest is about the same. I'm actually rather thankful since I also have a big rear.

I'm also 5'4" and my goal is about 140lbs. I look and feel best around that weight.
  • DCruz83
    Options
    Do boobs really weigh that much?

I'm no expert on boobs being a guy and in no way a doctor, but I think it all depends on the size and density but if some women complain about back pain when they have large ones, I would think that yes, they can have a substantial weight to them.

As for the OP, if you have an idea how much your breasts weight and feel it's not that much in comparison, feel free to keep losing some more if it makes you happier. On a side note, I must admit it's not something I had ever thought about when it comes to BMI but I suppose it makes sense... yet I'm pretty sure there is *some* boob weight taken into account when they made BMI scales.
  • 8andrea88
    Options
    I had never thought about that before...But I am the same even at my smallest I was still a 36DDD. They are always there and never go down from that. Of course they have gotten bigger but I never thought that the BMI would be different for me because of my boobs. Maybe Im not as fat as the BMI says I am...lol
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    However, when I asked about my ideal weight as per the BMI I was told to disregard it. According to the BMI chart as a medium framed 5 foot 4 inch woman I should be aiming to weigh about 140lbs, which I am nearly at now. My Dr proceeded to inform me that I should not aim to lose any more weight as I am not taking the weight of my boobs into account!!

Kinda wacky rationale going on here. If you want to be within the "normal" BMI range, you're looking at 108-145. You can be healthy outside this range. But there's nothing that says you must be at the very top of the range either. It's a wide range. If you want to get down to 20% body fat or something, maybe you're looking at 135 (I don't know, just throwing a number out), which is perfectly ok.

Let's say you have 20# of boobs and for some reason you are a genetic freak who can't trim that down any by getting to low body fat. You're still within the "normal" range at 128.

Anyway, whether you want to go with BMI or not, BMI isn't a reason why you have to be no lower than 140. If you feel like you want to be leaner, be leaner.
  • 8andrea88
    Options
    I forgot I to say I am going to try the holding boob thing tonight and see how much they weigh