What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The entire bakery section at the grocery store.

Oh. And the wine section.

Uhhhhh.... ice cream section too.

Oh.. and the candy at checkout.

I went into a momentary reverie in the bakery section at our local grocery as well today. Just stood there and stared at all of the donuts, croissants, cookies and muffins... then mentally started calculating how long I'd have to exercise to work even one off... turned right around, zipped straight past the beer and to the checkout with my fresh spinach, chicken, whole grains, and almonds.

Felt victorious driving home :).
  • pricesteve
    pricesteve Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I walked by the four squares of dark chocolate sitting on the counter dozens of times today. Finally I mentioned to hubby that he should just eat it.
    There is no "just one" for me. One square usually leads to a major binge.

I used to not be able to buy a chocolate bar without wolfing down the whole thing in one sitting, despite my best intentions.

Now, after starting to watch what I eat and getting some excersice 5 times a week, I can buy a 100gramme bar of quality dark chocolate at the start of the week, have 1 square after I have been to the gym as part of my post workout snack and I enjoy it so much more.
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The hershey kisses I put in my kids lunch. I put just one in for each of them and I could easily just keep indulging in them!! I don't.
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And just to pat yourself on the back even more, try adding "just one" bakery muffin into your food diary...It WILL make a difference. Very high in cals and sat fats. Pat, pat, pat!!! Stronger every day. Keep up the great work!

This is a "pat yourself on the back" topic! :happy:
    Someone brought 2 boxes of fresh muffins from the bakery to work today... All different kinds... (including a chocolate chip one my friend was putting in my face! lol). They looked sooo yummy! In the past I've had at LEAST one. But I resisted! And THEN, to top it off, some birthday lemon cake with whipped cream frosting was brought BACK (I took a bite yesterday and it was even better than i imagined!), and again, I've managed to resist!! YAY ME!!! :bigsmile:
    Somebody said, "One muffin won't kill you." But that's what i used to tell myself about EVERYTHING lol. Now I say every evil delicious food avoided counts :wink:
    So, that was me, patting myself on the back!
    YOUR TURN! :smile:
    [/quote]
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm only one hour into the day but I have managed to not eat the pumpkin pound cake that's sitting on the counter. I fit a piece into my calories yesterday and it was delightful.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The office feeder bought triple choc chip cookies (242 cals), and is starting to do it regularly day before I get weighed.