Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    What foods are you shocked that you used to eat? Or maybe that you used to eat more than the 'portion size' of?

I've never been skinny but I haven't always been obese either. For a few years (~16 to early 20's), I was merely "technically overweight". Even today I'm amazed at the metabolism of 17 year old me. Weekend job, high-stress/activity (solo tray washer in a large food court; ZERO automation) and only a 30 min lunch break. In that time, I'd scarf down the following without gaining ANY weight and my BP was always 110s/low-60s:
    • Large double-meat cheesesteak sub OR a 10-pack of Taco Bell soft tacos
    • Large bucket of fresh cut fries from the same sub shop
    • Giant mug (32-44 oz) of NON-diet soda

After work, depending on what was leftover in the food court (aka FREE to me), I'd also eat a large Cinnabon with extra frosting, or a couple/three cream cheese bagels, or a couple slices of stuffed pizza. ...and THEN I'd eat still dinner at home! I've never done the math, but I'm confident that I easily consumed 5-7,000 cals during an 8-12 hour shift. And I was 4" shorter than I am now.

*ETA: That soda mug from above was reusuable. I'd pay half price for the first fill, and get free refills ALL shift long. So I'd probably drink about 4 liters of NON-diet soda per shift. Plus I drank sugary Kool-Aid at home all the day.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same things I just cry now when I look at calories on things like Chicken Crispers.

Planning around a meal of such epic calories does take a bit of the fun out of it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of good n plenty and a container of haagen dazs salted caramel gelato today

oh and buttered popcorn
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen Large Chocolate Malt. OMG! I had no idea of this before started watching what I ate/drank:

Calories 1,020 Fat: 32 Grams Carbs: 171grams Sugar: 147grams Protein: 23 grams

So not worth it. Can't believe I did this on a somewhat regular basis. yikes
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino, holy craaaap. It's so nasty, I haven't had it in like atleast 6 months,my bf had one couple days ago and I took a sip, it's so sweet, so bleeeh, lol. But before I would drink it couple times a week.

IN the same vein as this- the Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte- I had a tall one last week and OMG. So sickeningly sweet- I can't understand why how anyone could finish a grande or venti one of those. My mouth was in nasty sugar overload for HOURS. I have to admit, I had a great Zumba class afterwards....
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Two Frisch's Big Boys in a sitting.... blargh. Still sound tasty, but not TWO of them.... that sounds bloaty.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I used to eat ramen noodles (not the real kind, the Maruchan kind) like it was nobody's business. All the time. Not only that, I would add all kinds of salt and stuff to it, because the 1,600 mg of sodium was clearly not enough. Why did I like them so much? They're not even that good.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of good n plenty and a container of haagen dazs salted caramel gelato today

oh and buttered popcorn

Will you stop it with your talk of ice cream and pictures of chocolate, I can't get to the shop for hours and only have lettuce in. This is the last post of yours I'm reading today :grumble:
  • calmlywilde
    calmlywilde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me and SO would go out drinking. You have to have a big meal before you go out so you don't get drunk too quick. Something like a large Double Quarter Pounder combo (1400cals).

Then we would drink 24 beers (24 x 109 cals each = 2616 cals)

Then we would be drunk and hungry so get takeaways before the taxi ride home (Fries, chicken cordon bleu, lasange topper and a pie EACH ~1600 cals)

All in all a night on the town would be about 5600 cals.

Sometimes we would do this on Friday and Saturday night.

Still don't understand how we both became 230+lbs...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

oh and buttered popcorn

Will you stop it with your talk of ice cream and pictures of chocolate, I can't get to the shop for hours and only have lettuce in. This is the last post of yours I'm reading today :grumble:
    FINE:angry:
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    One more: around the holidays my husband and I would always buy a pack of graham crackers and a container of cream cheese frosting, and we would finish both in one sitting. Dip the graham crackers into the frosting and enjoy. Mmm. I miss doing that. Haha.

Okay, so I guess I'm not disgusted by that one. In fact, I now have a craving for graham crackers and frosting. Dammit.
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    Anything from McDonalds.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Cinnabon, and we were allowed 1 free item per shift... I literally had one of these 5 days a week :|

Yikes. I used to like those too when I was younger and had more of a sweet tooth (which i don't really have anymore). I think I'd get one bite down at this point and that's it.

I do like those papa beard thingys still though. But I would still eat one, just not a whole one. Maybe half.

Eta: had to go look up a cinnabon's calories. 880. And that's without extra frosting. :frown:
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I can't believe I used to eat bologna.....bleccchhhhhh
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to have a thing for European wieners .. and mozzarella cheese. I was doing about 14,000 calories a week. It was just crazy but those wieners are very yummy. I had a hard time not buying them in the supermarket.

So, tell me about European wieners. :huh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Spagetti-Os. Used to eat those and the little canned beef raviolis all the time.

My mom hated to cook.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

oh and buttered popcorn

FINE:angry:

Actually before I start my strop what is good n plenty?
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'm not shocked so much, necessarily, but these are some portions I used to have:

***Lunch at work?
    -Two double cheeseburgers or two double hamburgers from Burger King or McDonald's.

-Snack food from the gas station comprised entirely of empty calories (name your variation of the Java Monster, often paired with some 400-500 calorie bag of Chex Mix and a Reese's brownie).

-Large french fries and a couple of orders of chicken nuggets from Wendy's. Sometimes a Frosty or a sweet tea.

-Rally's BBQ Bacon Champ and seasoned fries, or their chicken fingers and french fries.

***Back when I was REALLY bad?
    -What usually amounted to an entire large pizza from Hungry Howie's

-I remember one meal at Olive Garden in particular. A whole personal pizza, I think I made it to 9 or 10 breadsticks on one of those occasions and had four of the Andes mints.

-44oz slushies

-Going to whatever Chinese buffet you could name and wreaking havoc.

Holy hell. I can still eat with the best of them, but I exercise LOTS of restraint these days!
  • Liftiteatit
    Options
    Lunchables Nachos, Cinnabon, potato chips, Jif PB, whole Subway Footlongs
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodles with strawberry jelly smothered all over them. My God... what was I thinking?!?!?!