what do you sweeten your tea and coffee with?

Options

Replies

• newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    when I started this gig I swore my coffee will not be affected or changed. im crazy about my coffee in that way. I use a tbsn of half n half- no sugar- always have. my husband used sugar in his coffee when we met but liked how I made mine and stopped sugar almost immediately upon trying it without.

He now drinks black wanting to get almost all the calories out of his drinks. He never puts anything in his tea. I hate tea personally but Id probably add way too much honey if I had to choke some down.

try no sweetner for a while. try all the fake or sub sweetners- either you'll find something you like or cut the regular sugar down to a normal amt (id say 1 tsp in plenty in an 8 or 10 oz cuppa)
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee. I prefer tea.

❤ organic raw honey

❤ organic coconut nectar
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I switched to sugar-free syrups years ago and eventually just stopped sweetening it. Now sweet coffee tastes pretty weird to me. I do occasionally make a maple latte with real maple syrup. I put half and half in my coffee - I don't like it black, and 2 tbsps is only 40 or 45 calories.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: what do you sweeten your tea and coffee with?

Nothing.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I like them both black and unsweetened. Always have.

Makes it much simpler in the ktchen :)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I normally don't sweeten my tea or coffee. I like it straight, gives fuller taste. I've had it like this forever. But if I want sweetened taste, I occasionally use honey with my tea. Coffee I never sweeten; I hate anything that changes the taste of pure coffee. OK, a splash of milk, a drop really, that I can take with coffee.
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Sugar. I'm on a VLCD and know that I'm not getting enough calories so I'm pretty flexible about the amount of sugar I'm putting in my tea -- I have like 3 cups a day so that's about 15-20g of sugar for me.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use 3-4 drops of liquid Stevia in my tea.
  • olgabillman
    Options
    raw honey and lemon juice for tea (some teas nothing like passion teas) and stevia for coffee.
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Speaking of sweeteners, what is the deal with Swerve? I have been seeing it popping up a lot in online recipes, etc.
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    Have not had coffee in god knows when. I use honey or agave nectar in my tea. As for stevia, hate the packaged stuff but did buy the plant itself. The leaves are unreal... had to cut back on them as it was killing the plant. lol Yes, it's that good.
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffee with milk only, honey in my tea.
  • richardmcmichael
    richardmcmichael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Splenda
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    whatever non caloric sweetener the coffee place has on hand. Not fussed about natural or not.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I only drink decaf coffee and Herbal tea

Hot coffee and tea - no sugar
    Black tea +milk
    Herb tea nothing except when I'm sick, then honey

Iced coffee - whatever non-sugar I have around - one packet.
    Iced coffee - either nothing or one packet of non-sugar sweetener.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Sweet N' Low for tea. I don't sweeten coffee.

As for more natural stuff agave is pretty different and not bad.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Nothing 'cause I'm already sweet enough. Yah right! If I'm not using sugar I like xylitol, all the other non sugar sweetners including stevia have a funny after taste to me. I never have put sugar in my tea or coffee, but I cook with xylitol.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    stoic motivation: I like the bitter taste of losing fat

Thank you, I needed that. Hilarious.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of cashew milk, lightly sweetened with honey and vanilla, and use that as my coffee creamer for the week.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    It will take approximately one year to get used to tea without any sugar or sweetener but once you have achieved that you will never like tea with sugar in it again.

I use Splenda in coffee because I believe that Splenda does not contain Aspartame - I now stand back and await the torrent of abuse if this information is incorrect/or that Splenda contains something equally evil...........................