Do you work out on your period?

Options

Replies

• PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have terrible cramps the first day so I cant but I work out just as hard every other day. I feel like it helps!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    wow. women do not shut off 1 week out of the month. unless you have a specific medical condition that requires medication preventing you from exertion or physical activity, why would you stop working out or eating correctly? good lord.
    copy/paste of my last reply:Did you know that women for generations were told to never work out during their periods?
    your point being? you're using the past tense. most women of menstruating age are young enough at this point that they shouldn't have received incorrect/outdated/pick your term education along these lines.

again, what's your point?
    That the OP doesn't deserve your derision. She merely requested information.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, yes. I think the activity helps, but if my period is really heavy or i'm hurting too badly I will take a day or two off. But that isn't every month.
  • hayleyrue
    hayleyrue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love that you brought this up. I hate the thought of any physical activity when I'm on the rag, but I force myself to go anyway. It's so worth it afterwards. Not only do my cramps and bloating diminish, but it takes the hormonal edge off as well as my anxiety.
  • I always do. But I don't have a lot of the symptoms a lot of people get, I typically just feel fine/normal when I'm on mine so it doesn't phase me!
  • atragicfate
    Options
    TMI but I don't due to the fact that I have a very heavy flow and get almost killer cramps. It's easier to just wait a weak but focus entirely on my eating.
  • Yep no excuses
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I may take the first day off, but it is unlikely. I usually only feel bad for a little while and then I am good the rest of the day so that is probably why I am able to.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    wow. women do not shut off 1 week out of the month. unless you have a specific medical condition that requires medication preventing you from exertion or physical activity, why would you stop working out or eating correctly? good lord.
    copy/paste of my last reply:Did you know that women for generations were told to never work out during their periods?
    your point being? you're using the past tense. most women of menstruating age are young enough at this point that they shouldn't have received incorrect/outdated/pick your term education along these lines.

i'm not responding to the OP, i'm responding to you.
  • snsmyth
    Options

The OP actually has a valid question. There is an association between knee injuries and the menstrual cycle due to a decrease in motor control.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    I always work out, yes. I find it helps if I'm crampy/achey. I often take some ibuprofin if they're bad but push through regardless.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

My point is that the OP doesn't deserve your derision. She requested information. You
    replied with snobbish derision. I attempted to contextualize. You aren't interested in that.
    I get it. You wanted to be rude.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

The OP actually has a valid question. There is an association between knee injuries and the menstrual cycle due to a decrease in motor control.
    :happy: :happy: God knows I'm more clumsy during that time of the month!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have one day in the cycle were for 24 hours or so I have a lot of pain (I have PCOS) so that day I tend to rest (I also have low iron so I need to ensure I dont get run down) but the rest of the cycle I exercise
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options

My point is that the OP doesn't deserve your derision. She requested information. You
    replied with snobbish derision. I attempted to contextualize. You aren't interested in that.
    several other people have made very similar comments. thank you for making me feel like such a special snowflake by conversing with me :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

several other people have made very similar comments. thank you for making me feel like such a special snowflake by conversing with me :flowerforyou:
    Special, indeed.
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't have bad period symptoms, so I totally work out my period week. It helps me get over feeling bloated!
  • jennyc1270
    jennyc1270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread makes me appreciate how easy my periods are. Minimal cramping. Mostly grumpy. Hasn't affected my workouts.
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think it was a valid question. I also have PCOS and mild endometriosis - sometimes I'm fine on my period - sometimes I flood so bad that I go through a super plus tampon and an overnight pad in a hour - and that's when I'm sitting down! Standing up makes it worse - I've never tried exercising when I'm flooding like that - I don't think it would be a good idea though.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Exercise can actually ease cramps and other symptoms. I don't change any routine for my period.