3 day apple diet!!!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    If all I ate were apples, it would come out as brown applesauce throughout the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't even... But, it is making me hungry for an apple.
  • diana20133
    Options
    There is no greater reason to diet than for your personal health and well being. Apple diet is a natural way to lose weight without side effects: www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com/juice-diet-recipes/apple-diet/
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    There is no greater reason to diet than for your personal health and well being. Apple diet is a natural way to lose weight without side effects: www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com/juice-diet-recipes/apple-diet/

Well, considering your profile is empty and all your posts are promoting this web site, I don't think you have much credibility. Nice trolling.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet that you can maintain, you can easily loose weight by eating nothing but fruits or veggies for a few days...but is that realistic, and without a stabilized meal plan and exercise regimen how would you keep that initial weight loss off?
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: Carrots + 1 serving part-skim string cheese
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 2
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 slice rye toast
    Snack: 1 serving part-skim string cheese + raw veggies
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 cup plain yogurt + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 3
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 8 ounces plain yogurt
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello

It looks like a type of very low calorie diet. I read that a lot of quick fast weight loss diets have an underlying basis of very low calories plus a gimmick, the gimmick in this case being the apple. there was another diet in the past called grapefruit diet, substitute apple for grapefruit--same principle. Not sustainable so should gain all the weight back by the end of the month.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    In because the title cracked me up.

Now I shall read the thread.

ETA:
    Zombie thread! Two years on, I wonder how the OP is doing.

DAMMIT! I've been had again!!
  • nancy_cortez
    Options
    How many apples did you have a day?
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Maybe the OP has only been eating apples for the last 3 years now. :laugh:
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had an ED and did all these low calorie BS diets for months....all that happens is you feel miserable (but a tiny bit happy about your 'weight loss', which is mostly water), then would end them with huge binges. You can't control your hormones, if you starve you WILL binge. FFS. And after the diet you will have less muscle & more fat than before.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    http://www.greathomeremedies.com/applediet.html

the breakfast on day 2 looks yummy.. :~)

That is all
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Wow! And double Wow! to everyone who bumped that and posted links...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Apples are really just vehicles for peanut butter.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My sister did this on advice of a holistic naturopath. And yes, it's all apples all the time. Any kind of raw apple.

Here's the thing, she did it on professional advice. I don't necessarily buy into the naturopath stuff but each to their own. AND, it's not apples for everyone apparently. Some people are supposed to eat, say, strawberries for 3 days. I guess there's a reason for it, I'm not sure what it is.

It did help her lose weight, because, well, when all you can eat is an apple, you find you're not as hungry as you think. But she gained it all back, obviously. Which was fine, because she wasn't eating apples to lose weight, it was for a different issue.

It also helped the original issue she went in for.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 2
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 3
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello

This sounds pretty good and healthy!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3

This sounds pretty good and healthy!

You and I have very different definitions of the words "good" and "healthy".
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    My sister did this on advice of a holistic naturopath. And yes, it's all apples all the time. Any kind of raw apple.

Here's the thing, she did it on professional advice.

I could also take dietary advice from a professional auto mechanic, it doesn't make it good advice.
  • SecretDuck
    SecretDuck Posts: 26
    Options
    Eating apples all the time surely will get boring, no?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Here's the thing, she did it on professional advice.

I could also take dietary advice from a professional auto mechanic, it doesn't make it good advice.

There are no studies to prove or disprove that this profession works or does not work. While i don't discount the usefulness of traditional medicine, I also have a shelf full of holistic remedies and they work.

ps.. the diet itself is comprised of healthy foods, some of which sound good.. but does look to be a vlcd (which is it's purpose i think) which is not necessarily a good idea for most people.