What are your thoughts on peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I buy this amazingly delicious Cinnamon Raison Swirl by Peanut Butter & Co. and it is to die for. It is calorie dense so I dont have it daily but I could find a way if it's what I wanted.
  • tomedog
    tomedog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love Peanut Butter!! Eat 2 tablespoons every morning for breakfast on a slice of bread/toast!
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i love it but cant have it. Thyroid issues :cry:
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love it ,even in a shake. I do go with Natural peanut butter though . The apple idea I thank you for ,.something different
  • Susy118
    Susy118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a PB fanatic. I now use PB2. You can find it in Whole Food stores and Walmart sometimes has it. These stores have a hard time keeping the shelf stocked. It is good. :happy:

Here's the web site: http://www.bellplantation.com/products.html

***Here's some info from their site:

PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor, but with nearly 85% less fat calories. PB2 is made with high quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the oil. All natural with no artificial flavors,sweeteners, or preservatives.

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter is mixed with water to create a traditional peanut butter mixture. It also works and tastes wonderfully in recipes that call for the use of peanut butter.

Ingredients
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt

Serving Size
    2 Tablespoons (12g)

Calories

Calories From Fat

Total Fat
    1.5g (2%)

Saturated Fat
    0g (0%)

Trans Fat
    <0.01g

Polyunsaturated Fat
    No

Monounsaturated Fat
    No

Cholesterol
    <0.01mg (0%)

Sodium
    94mg (4%)

Total Carbohydrates
    5g (2%)

Dietary Fiber
    2g (8%)

Sugars
    1g

Protein
    5g

Vitamin A
    <1%

Vitamin C
    0%

Calcium
    <1%

Iron
    0%
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter almost every day, love it!!! I get the kind that has flax seed in it.
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I ate two peanut butter sandwiches today.........I know........... =)
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Love it as a snack...always keep it in case there is a storm/electricity goes out.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I've always kept it in my diet regardless of rather I'm gaining/losing/maintaining.
  • Jannah1208
    Options
    I avoid it, not because of its taste (it's yum!) but because of the high calories.

I agree. It is my favorite food, that I never allow myself to eat. :( Maybe I should rethink it.

Did I read Quinoa crisps???? Some please share this recipe!
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've always disliked it. Feels greasy to me. Too much concentrated fat.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I'll admit, sometimes it has been (or can be) a problem food for me and at times I had to avoid it. But if I keep to the serving and allow myself to have it responsibly it's not a big deal. It's when I allow my mind to slip into all or nothing mode that usually creates the problem. :blushing:

I have tried the PB2 stuff too and while I like it, 'real' peanut butter is still wayyyyy better!
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the cheap kind that's oily and icky. I love the Skippy Natural peanut butter! It's so great. It tastes awesome with vanilla protein powder and half of a banana. I almost want to make one right now. lol.
  • perpetualjuly
    perpetualjuly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for peanut butter!

When I have hiccups, I eat a big ol' spoonful of PB -- HICCUPS INSTANTLY CURED! Works everytime. Solves many of my food cravings, so even though it's got a lot of calories, in the long run I'm avoiding junk food and feeling satisfied. I get the natural sort to avoid soy (a migraine trigger for me), but no idea how it compares nutritionally.
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't like PB (I know...!) but I LOVE almond butter! I eat it most days but no more than a teaspoon due to the calories.
  • themumbler86
    Options
    I barely have any fat in my diet day to day so purposefully have some (sugar free) PB to get some fairly healthy fats in my diet. Plus it's delish!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I avoid it, not because of its taste (it's yum!) but because of the high calories.

Same here unfortunately because if I have peanut butter, I need jelly, 2 slices of bread and some milk. And then possibly another sandwich. I like it a little too much haha.

Lmao!!!!
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wish it came in reversible jars. That way I could turn the 8 empty jars next to me inside out, consume every last gram, and not feel like I'm wasting half a teaspoon of peanut butter every time I wash a jar.
    Give those jars to your favorite dog, he will have a ball for the next 20 mins licking every last bit of it out of the jar. My lab's nose is too big for the jar and her tongue is too short to reach the bottom so after about 10 mins she brings the jar over to me and I cut the top few inches off the jar so she can get down to the bottom. No waste here.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite smoothies for nights when I'm running a few hundred cals short for the day is:

Chocolate yogurt frozen (regular yogurt put in the freezer not the yogurt that comes in an ice cream container)
    Chocolate syrup
    1/2 frozen banana
    3/4 cup of skim milk
    scoop chocolate protein powder
    2 TBS Peanut Butter.