Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    October 1 179.6
    October 7 182.6 Up 3 pounds. Hopefully retaining some water. I have had a stress filled week and not made very good choices. Time to get back on track.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    10/1/10-- 155.4
    10/7/10-- 155.0

Down 0.4 lbs. I'll take it!!! :drinker:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Today I didnt work out. I did want to, but i am unbelievably sore!! It hurts so bad to walk. And sitting and standing are sooo painful!! Not trying to be a wuss lol, but i really dont think i would have been able to complete an effective work out feeling like this. I miss when i worked out all the time & would only get slightly sore once and a while. I cant wait to get back to that. Cause this is the worst!
  • lungti
    lungti Posts: 9
    Options
    im a little late, but count me in...sw 155....
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today is my day off from work and i'm going to do exercises i missed since the start of the 30 day slimdown program of jillian michaels such as the quick no more trouble zones yesterday....

about an hour ago i finished the quick no more trouble zones...here in a few mins i will be doing it again since i missed a day of it so far...and i'll be up to date on the quick no more trouble zones...
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    WOW! I have been really busy this week with work and house stuff but TODAY is MOVING DAY YAY. well the beginning lol but tomorrow will be the bulk of it and finish cleaning of the house we are leaving over the weekend but im glad to say that i will be moving this weekend. the sad part is i might not have internet for a few days as i have to get all that stuff hooked ut but all the lines are ready (the benefit of building lol)

I predict this might be a bad month for weight loss as it will be a busy one getting into my new house and getting the kids used to the idea they actually will be sleeping and living there from now on. I take them to see the house all the time and they know where their rooms are and my room and all of that. my son practically knows the house by heart and loves to go visit it all through the construction process and so im hoping that by adding his things it will be a smooth transition.

well ladies see you soon : ) don't forget me i will miss you and i will be back i promise.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    im now up to date on the quick trouble zones of jillian michaels this month now all i have to work on is the 30 day shred level 1 today and i'll be up to date for this month
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Had a bad week this week foodwise...been great all day then snacking at night :ohwell: had a smarties mini tub of icecream today, donut and freddo yesterday, and then mcflurry on sunday -.-

But i made sure i exercised those calories off! :laugh: My water's been low aswell, still been getting my 8 glasses but i normally drink the majority of it in the evening.

Soooo, not expecting a loss next weigh-in. :/
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I got a goal to lose 7 lbs by October 31st, but the scale hasn't budged so far this week.
  • SebrinaP18
    SebrinaP18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im a little late but im in!!!! I lost 2 already and going for 5 more :)
  • SebrinaP18
    SebrinaP18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Fighting the fat aint easy...but its worth it :)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    HELP FRIENDS! HELP! I don't know if it is hormones or what but the last few days I feel like I am constantly hungry. I can't stop eating. I am also tired and very cranky! Not sure any more about the time of the month. I had a hysterectomy a few years back and they left the ovaries so I would not go through early menopause. But right now I am so irritable and hungry. How do I overcome this. I need to get this back in control or be back to where I was a few years ago. How do you curb those constant cravings when the hormones are out of control?
  • introvert
    introvert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, after a yo-yo September I managed to meet the 5 lbs mark. Hopefully I can continue the trend.. Semi stuck right now, though. Hopefully I can lose another 5!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've lost two pounds this week :D:D:D
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It was a long weekend here is Aussie last week and I am sure I ate over as I was at my inlaws. I have not weighed in this week cause of that and TOM as well so I will weigh in this tuesday and see how I go. I feel heavier but it could be because of TOM. I should just jump on the scales... too scared to he he.. You all have been doing so great.. You really motivate me to keep going.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    HELP FRIENDS! HELP! I don't know if it is hormones or what but the last few days I feel like I am constantly hungry. I can't stop eating. I am also tired and very cranky! Not sure any more about the time of the month. I had a hysterectomy a few years back and they left the ovaries so I would not go through early menopause. But right now I am so irritable and hungry. How do I overcome this. I need to get this back in control or be back to where I was a few years ago. How do you curb those constant cravings when the hormones are out of control?

Don't panic! Read the big friendly yellow letters on the guide!
    Maybe you need a little pick-me-up though. Like a de-stress activity, naps or something. Or maybe you could make yourself some brown rice or unpearled barley and then stuff yourself full? Hang in there! Friday is on the way!

I've been craving popcorn, cake, and icecream for three days straight. I have a cake mix, but I'm trying to resist the Betty Crocker. :cry: Tonight I had Nutella on toasted double-fiber bread as an after-dinner snack. It was nice and chocolatety, but it sure wasn't soft or melt-in-your-mouth like cake.

For this I blame the month of October. Between the cold nights and candy ads, there's no place to hide. But we will make it! Gotta. Otherwise Christmas holiday season is REALLY gonna hurt.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Terri--- Wish I could help but I have no idea! More often than not, I GIVE IN to those cravings. I have found that the more I give in, the more I give in... know what I mean? One bad choice starts the whole downward spiral. Do you remember the U-TURN you talked about awhile back?? Make a U-turn!! Have you tried drinking more water?

I, too, am doing bad on my eating. I swear I self sabotage at this point all the time. I am about to break into a new low weight then BAM, pizza. :grumble: On the bright side, I bought a pair of jeans--- size 8! I cannot remember the last time I could squeeze into an 8.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    HELP FRIENDS! HELP! I don't know if it is hormones or what but the last few days I feel like I am constantly hungry. I can't stop eating. I am also tired and very cranky!
    a) Listen to Alioth, and other helpful comments from members, and see if anything they say makes sense to you. Then apply it to you.
    b) Eat slowly, and focus all your attention on what you are eating. Sit down when you eat, so you aren't just snacking away. Be sure to log. Maybe you can notice a pattern in what you eat and when. Eat when you are hungry, but stop when you are not. Try eating what you want, but only half of how much you want. And go easy on yourself. Hope some of this might help you. :flowerforyou:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

It could be hormones, I was the same way after i had my baby that same day ( I had her at 10:23 am) so all three meals that day i ate what the hospital brought me AND what my husband brought me. I wasn't craving junk, I was absolutely ravenously hungry partly because i had that weight off of my stomach and partly because of hormones because i ate like that for a couple of weeks after it finally took real concentration on when i was going to let myself eat and what to eat inorder to control it. I got back to normal but i am not sure how long it took as it has been a year since she was born.

I don't know if this helps or not but i hope you can get through this.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :sad:

OCTOBER 2: SATURDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1:sad:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :sad:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1:drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM:drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES:drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF (MAYBE ACCORDING TO THE 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CALENDAR...BUT I DIDN'T DO THE FIRST 3 DAYS SO I'M CATCHING UP ON THAT)

SO BELOW IS WHAT I DID TODAY SO FAR:
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

AND SINCE TOMORROW WHICH IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010, IS THE 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 I'LL JUST DO THAT TWICE AND I'LL BE CAUGHT UP FOR THE MONTH....IT'S AN HOUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT HERE IN CALIFORNIA I WANT TO REST...LOL