Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OK so i just signed up to start a couch to 5 k challenge that's starting on october 11 on MFP....i've never done anything like this before so along with my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program i'll be doing this too

i was wondering how in the world i was going to do this after i signed up for it...was i needing to look at my cell phone the whole time i was doing this or what??? my cell phone has a stopwatch mode anyways so i looked on the internet for like a couch to 5k music thing...and sure enough i found it :-) below is the link to it

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

after ur walking interval is up it makes like a chime sound...and very NOTICEABLE....and it does the same thing as when ur jogging interval is up...it does play music so its not like there's someone saying for u to start walking or jogging every so seconds....like i said that's what the chime sound does
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Good Morning All, my challenge is to stay at 119 pounds (or as close as possible) for all of October....... I reached goal weight of 119 pounds the middle of August and i am struggling to stay there!!!!! Today I weighed in at 118 pounds so down 3 pounds on last week :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but I have been very good this week !!!

9/3/10..........119.....pounds
    9/10/10........119.5 pounds
    9/17/10........120.5 pounds
    9/24/10........119...YEHHHHH
    10/1/10.........121...pounds
    10/7/10.........118...pounds

Good Luck to you all .
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Terri, hand in there, cold be hormones...I know right before my TOM I get aweful cravings and nothing seems to satifsfy it....if you do know what you are reallly craving--try it...maybe it will help, otherwise distract yourself...this is going to sound really crazy, but it work...Ally Vincent from biggest looser says when she would get bad craving (you have to be home of course) she would do a teeth whitening treatment--I do the same, it takes like 3-5 min for the treatment, then who wants to eat after you whitenened your teeth, HA!!! I know, kinda dumb, but it works!!

Hope everyone else is doing well...just hit my TOM (early) so hopefully will see a nice scale # in couple days....Have a GREAT day everone!!
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    1st October 185lbs - lets get cracking and good luck

8th October 184LBS - i'm cracking - let's continue
  • ammayse
    ammayse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So mad at myself :explode: Instead of losing, I gained .4 lbs. this week. Next week I am going to have to work my butt off to see a loss. I really need to start exercising more. I do pretty good watching my calorie intake, but I am a slacker with the exercise. I did start boxing this week, I just have to be more consistent. It's time for me stop slacking and get at it!

Week 1 (Oct. 1)= 140.00 lbs
    Week 2 (Oct. 8)= 140.4 lbs.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    According to my scale I lost 8.8lbs this week. :noway:

OMG! I thought my scale was broken. So I moved the scale several times and it stayed the same. So, I put my son on the scale because I know how much he weighs and it was accurate. This is CRAZY. I know since joining MFP it has been a drastic change in my nutrition but Ive been exercising prior to joining. Maybe the reason for the big weight loss is because Ive been sick this week. I'll wait and see what happens next week before I get too excited. :smile:

WOW! Way to go! Sometimes the scale just loves you. :smile: Mine is not always my friend!!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    No loss or gain this week. I'll take it as I've had a bad week of not working out. I've been too busy trying to get our Halloween costumes going. I'm hoping next week will be better.

CW 135.8
    GW 130
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've only lost half a pound so far. Keep it up everyone!
  • deedee30
    deedee30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    01/10/10 - 145
    08/10/10 - 143

At least its going in right direction! Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oct 1st 203.6
    Oct 8th 2 201.4
    Oct 15th
    Oct 22nd
    Oct 29th
    Oct 31st

2.2 loss :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    October 1 150
    October 8 148.6

slowly making my way back to 144 where I was on 8/15/10 and then on to the new goal.
  • MrsBeezwaxx
    Options
    I'm in.. I need to get healthy!
  • 2boys2girls
    Options
    I weighed in today and lost 3.5!!!!!!

Sw-149
    cw- 145.5
    Gw- 142

I changed my goal weight from 144 to 142 so i would keep pushing hard.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    10/01/10 210.0 lbs
    10/08/10 206.6 lbs
    10/15/10 SKIP - CRUISE
    10/22/10
    10/31/10

Well I lost quite a bit this week! 3.4 lbs! Wowsa - is that a word?? :laugh:

I bid you all a Bon Voyage! I'm leaving in a few hours for my cruise! I will be cheering you all on to your successes on the scale while I'm gone! I will be working out every day. My cousin Tom will be my workout partner! He does at least 2 triathalons per month, so I know he will keep me going! YAY! :bigsmile:

I completed the C25K program this morning!! So I am now graduated! YAY!! :bigsmile: I just signed up for a 5K on the 30th of this month as well. Its not my first 5K, but it is my first as a RUNNER! :bigsmile:

Take care everyone! :flowerforyou: Caribbean here I come! :smokin:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi fitness buddies,

I have to be honest with myself so I changed my weigh in b/c this has been a hard week with school. I am upset at myself for not planning accordingly and taking my exam online while my 2 year old was in the room. I thought she would behave, but she was not letting me finish the timed exam. So, anyhow, I'm getting over that. My eating needs improvement and I need to start my exercise regime. I'm glad the weekend is here so that I can start fresh, and I know that I can do this. I am thinking of rewarding my weight loss efforts with shopping for clothes each time so I can feel good. Anyhow, that's my story.

Take care all, and have a great day!
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    Checking in:

10/1 291.0
    10/8 289.6 Down 1.4

Not as much as I wanted but it is a start to the journey!!!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 2 - SATURDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM :drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF

OCTOBER 8 -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

i'm now up to date on my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I, too, am doing bad on my eating. I swear I self sabotage at this point all the time. I am about to break into a new low weight then BAM, pizza. :grumble: On the bright side, I bought a pair of jeans--- size 8! I cannot remember the last time I could squeeze into an 8.

Amanda, I totally know what you're talking about. I was walking on air last month when I bought my first 8s in years! Good job!

And it sounds like even though this was a tough week, everyone's making good progress. Congrats people! Have a gorgeous weekend!

(Also I woke up this morning without the cake craving. I got more sleep last night so maybe that helped? I'm so confused.)
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    10/01/10 210.0 lbs
    10/08/10 206.6 lbs
    10/15/10 SKIP - CRUISE
    10/22/10
    10/31/10

Well I lost quite a bit this week! 3.4 lbs! Wowsa - is that a word?? :laugh:

I bid you all a Bon Voyage! I'm leaving in a few hours for my cruise! I will be cheering you all on to your successes on the scale while I'm gone! I will be working out every day. My cousin Tom will be my workout partner! He does at least 2 triathalons per month, so I know he will keep me going! YAY! :bigsmile:

I completed the C25K program this morning!! So I am now graduated! YAY!! :bigsmile: I just signed up for a 5K on the 30th of this month as well. Its not my first 5K, but it is my first as a RUNNER! :bigsmile:

Take care everyone! :flowerforyou: Caribbean here I come! :smokin:

Have a WONDERFUL time on the cruise! It sounds like you have the perfect workout partner to balance any fun food or drinking while you're gone. Enjoy! Good luck on the 30th. :happy:
  • Nataly05
    Nataly05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, i totally agree that you can distract yourself. I either do something else if I have cravings. OR just close my eyes imagine i am eating a Nutella spoon (that is what i mostly crave), then get it over with and go on. i know this might sound crazy, but it works for me. Hope this helps. Be strong and no matter what your body craves, your mind is in control.