What are your thoughts on peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• AbsyPernet
    Options
    yes, definitely, yes

There is always at least 2 jars of it in the cupboard!:tongue:
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    I stock pile PB!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    the absolute best in the world. i could eat a whole jar, and i wish that was an exaggeration. for dieting purposes i switched to PB2 and it works just as fine for me - has 1/4th the calories so it makes me happy that i can have large amounts
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    That sounds like a great smoothie, I love the PB & J smoothie by The Body Reset Diet, but I'm definitely trying this one. Thanks for sharing! :-)
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I liked PB until I discovered almond butter and sunflower butter - now I prefer them. I wish they came chunky though, chunky PB has the best texture.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It's funny you should mention peanut butter. I'm probably the #1 fan of Jif crunchy pb. I have a pb&j sandwich almost everyday for lunch, on whole wheat bread of course.
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It is apple season, so my thoughts are that I need to buy an extra tub!

I love Jiff natural, but I have gotten addicted to fresh made PB that a local store offers!
  • CarmenDsewell
    Options
    Yay!
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's delicious, filling, portable and cheap. A staple in my low carb diet. I'm having a ball eating 7+ T a day if I'm hungry enough. Keeps meals simple and keeps grocery bill down too!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I prefer nutella. Not big on peanut butter.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    um?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter!

Because I'm doing some serious strength training, I've decided I need a bit more protein in my diet and have been adding a teaspoon of peanut butter (and flax seed) to my Red Mill thick oats in the morning.

Delicious!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    It should be the national food!

agreed!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I eat a serving at least 4 times a week (typically in my protein shake for some extra protein and creaminess!). Nothing wrong with it.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I store my natural peanut butter upside down (lid on tight) so I don't have to mix it before using.

Mayver's peanut and coconut spread contains only organic peanuts and coconut and is delicious!
  • lauriejan17
    Options
    I love pb - I'm just getting started on this whole thing and my sweet tooth is still crazy - so, I melted 60% cacoa chocolate chips with 100% natural peanut butter, poured it over bananas and then froze it :) They are pretty sweet and may help if you have a sweet tooth like me :) It's definitely an every now and then treat - not every day :)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It's alright. I don't find it very filling though for some reason
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just read that it lowers breast cancer risk. Thanks again, George:

George-Washington-Carver-Lab.jpg
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think I should have put some in my oatmeal this morning.
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter as well as almond butter it's fine to have 2 tea spoons of it as long as it is 100% natural, no sugar, no salt, no added oil