How can i recover from a 5000 calorie binge , help :(

Options

Replies

• metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Never give up. No matter how insane it seems. Because it will get worse if you gain everything back.

Plan to weather the storm. A 5000 calorie binge will usually knock out your hunger for half a day or more. So use this opportunity to relax, eat small meals with higher protein than you usually consume. Avoid the junk for a few days. Eat what you like within moderation. No criticism or judgments.

I strongly suggest eating at maintenance calories for a few days and get used to maxing out your exercise if you have not already done so. Do an hour a day of some activity if you do not already, the more challenging the better. Make it a habit. Force your body to adapt to intense activity, to shift some of your composition in favor of lean mass. Then drop your calories slowly to 200 - 300 below maintenance, less if you experience side effects that go beyond mild hunger.

Binge eating is the result of dieting. It is caused by hormones, a cycle of restriction, and unresolved psychological issues. If you are eating 5000 calories a day and that is at least several thousand above maintenance, than for some reason or the other you want to fail, or are more comfortable being a larger size. Find out why, and then distance yourself from this defensive mechanism. It's also possible that you cut calories too much and your body responded by spiking your hunger hormones.
  • Brandonshields97
    Options
    Never give up. No matter how insane it seems. Because it will get worse if you gain everything back.

Plan to weather the storm. A 5000 calorie binge will usually knock out your hunger for half a day or more. So use this opportunity to relax, eat small meals with higher protein than you usually consume. Avoid the junk for a few days. Eat what you like within moderation. No criticism or judgments.

I strongly suggest eating at maintenance calories for a few days and get used to maxing out your exercise if you have not already done so. Do an hour a day of some activity if you do not already, the more challenging the better. Make it a habit. Force your body to adapt to intense activity, to shift some of your composition in favor of lean mass. Then drop your calories slowly to 200 - 300 below maintenance, less if you experience side effects that go beyond mild hunger.

Binge eating is the result of dieting. It is caused by hormones, a cycle of restriction, and unresolved psychological issues. If you are eating 5000 calories a day and that is at least several thousand above maintenance, than for some reason or the other you want to fail, or are more comfortable being a larger size. Find out why, and then distance yourself from this defensive mechanism. It's also possible that you cut calories too much and your body responded by spiking your hunger hormones.
    ^^ thanks, this all made sense ,
  • beardmatthews
    Options
    Just start from tomorrow.
    It's like relapsing from smoking—just because you had one, doesn't mean you need to carry on!
    Yeah, sounds as if your calories are a bit low at 1000, that binge may have reset your glycogen stores, which is not neccessarily a bad thing.
    The key is don't worry yourself, just move on and take the next day as it comes.
    Good luck.
  • Brandonshields97
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .
    His advice and that from the others on here is spot on, and you are straight up being a troll.

Signed,
    Someone who has been successful and maintained for close to two years.

P.S. Go **** yourself.
    LOL did i ever say you werent ?????????
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Very well said! I agree.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm recovered from binge eating (EDNOS, 2009) and here's what I've learned:

1) Drink a LOT of water. You'll need it to deal with the sodium.
    2) Be kind to yourself. The last think you need to do is beat yourself up about it.
    3) Plan out your food fo the next couple of days so you can eat well without thinking about it.
    4) Try to figure out the circumstance that caused the episode & think of a couple of different strategies to deal with it next time. Think HALT: Was I hungry, angry, loney, or tired?
    5) (This one is most in important) Forgive yourself.

Wonderful pointers. Those of us who struggle with binge eating definitely need to focus on # 4 and 5. Otherwise, the binges will be repeated.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to post something positive and give you my advice but since you see me as unsuccessful (even though I lost over 20 lbs last year through this site and gained it back during pregnancy and I'm now starting over), you wouldn't appreciate it anyway so, I'll save it for somebody who does. Good luck.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .

In...

...because I like where this thread is going.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Lol K . U didnt have to type all that extra sht at the bottom . Even if i am young im still on a serious weight loss journey like everybody else is . These people are 40 and 30 years old trying to argue with a teenage boy LOL .. so they are the ones that need to grow up if you ask me haaha

The worst part about this is we/they are older than you and their lives consist of watching college football and relaxing on a Saturday night while you're a fully competent 18 year old obsessed about his weight and at the gym.. go have fun and get off the internet ... gotta go... off to the bar... gonna drink 5000 calories and not going to worry about it
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You are an 18 year old male.

I sincerely doubt this.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In for the drama... what can I say, my Saturday is boring.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Get off the stationary bike and pick up something heavy. Oh, and eat a little more until you've put on enough muscle mass to justify getting down to 8% bf without being 140 pounds.

Or, stay on the bike and whine about the advice you're given.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Haha I remember being a teenager when everything was dramatic and seemed like the biggest deal in the world. I do not miss it! Lol.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    In...

...because I like where this thread is going.
    [/quote]

U should check out his other topics.... Hilarious!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I reckon you just need to give up now if one meal is going to kill your whole attitude.

Or...

You can put it behind you and get back on the horse.
  • Lol.
  • nkb4him
    nkb4him Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest things that you can do is don't give up! Your only human. When people start to get depressed over something like that, they stop caring about the goal they ultimately had in mind. Don't let your mind tell you that you can't reach your goal because you messed up once. That happens. Keep doing the right things, and finish strong!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options

Lol K . U didnt have to type all that extra sht at the bottom . Even if i am young im still on a serious weight loss journey like everybody else is . These people are 40 and 30 years old trying to argue with a teenage boy LOL .. so they are the ones that need to grow up if you ask me haaha

The worst part about this is we/they are older than you and their lives consist of watching college football and relaxing on a Saturday night while you're a fully competent 18 year old obsessed about his weight and at the gym.. go have fun and get off the internet ... gotta go... off to the bar... gonna drink 5000 calories and not going to worry about it
    Your still on this damn thread ?? I went to the gym AN HOUR ago , come back and your STILL on this thread Lol ? . Your obviously not to busy if you been on myfitness pal all day , arguing with strangers for fun lol.. I have to admit , nice combat tho but your still old dumb and immature as hell lol ima do like 10 pushups when i come back ima probly see another dumass response from u LOL

Just to note, my 7-year-old daughter did 10 push-ups before bed tonight.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    First the OP sounds like he is crying out for help, then when help comes, he makes fun of them. hmm.... im outtie.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Eh... I don't feel like doing the rest of the never ending laundry and the offspring are chilling so... yeah this will do for right now.
This discussion has been closed.