Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "You have a cute nose, like a seal pup" :noway:

Haven't you seen a seal pup?!

norbert-rosing-a-newborn-gray-seal-pup-lifts-its-head-and-stares-directly-at-the-camera.jpg

Thats, like, the cutest thing evaaah!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    You have a pretty......................face.
  • KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One B**** actually told me that I have nice WIDE child bearing hips.

ugh I get that a lot too..
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    After class the other day I was walking to my car and a guy on a bench said to me:
    "damn ***** you thick"

I am not sure that qualifies as a compliment I think it was an insult to be honest. But then he said can I get yo number...so I think he was trying for a compliment. :angry:
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    while my friend and I were out playing pool... a guy comes up and says.. "wow! You have great breasts, but your friend has the body to go with it" lol managed to insult the both of us in one sentence!

"You have a small nose.... and small ears... and your lips are small too"

"you have a great smile, but did you know that one of your eyes is smaller than the other one?"

fabulous.... absolutely fabulous.. lol
  • dutchieee0212
    Options
    you look like grown up honey boo boo

SERIOUSLY?:O
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I was an insecure and awkward teenager (weren't we all?), I would get "you'd make a beautiful girl." Not cool.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    "Your breasts are a bit saggy right?"
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    "You're pretty, but you're not as hot as your sister", or "Ugly ducklings make a beautiful swan", something I've heard numerous times as a child by some of my so-called friends. The worst one for me is when I'm told I look like someone I really loathe to pieces.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Being called "thick" by a guy is a compliment. I used to be called this all the time in high school and even though I didn't like it, it is meant as a good thing. Not too heavy, not too thin....just right. I always just said thanks.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face", I think some fat girls might get why this compliment is actually a little annoying

Only a woman could take kind words like that and twist them around into an insult. If anyone in my entire life told me I had a pretty face I would be ecstatic.

Kinda have to agree with DopeItUp, but I also want to point out that yes, women are often pretty good at taking kind words and twisting them into insults. Sometimes it's a reaction to hearing them, but other times, we've formulated those words to use against someone else.

Not to stereotype our whole sex or anything, but that could explain why many women tend to see double meanings in seemingly innocuous statements: we know how the insult-in-a-compliment game works because we've played both sides.
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Her- "OMG you look so mature what are you 36?"
    Me-"Im 28"

YOu have a face for radio

You look smart, when you have your glasses on

OMG your brother is so hot, 2 seconds later wow you and your brother look nothing alike...
  • fivepence
    fivepence Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend told my now boyfriend that I was average looking but that I had "potential". Potential for what, precisely?
  • jbwilliams888
    Options
    After class the other day I was walking to my car and a guy on a bench said to me:
    "damn ***** you thick"

I am not sure that qualifies as a compliment I think it was an insult to be honest. But then he said can I get yo number...so I think he was trying for a compliment. :angry:

Believe it or not, that's a compliment! Thick is just another way of saying, you have a nice body! Granted, either way you say it, it's rude but just know, it's a compliment!
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Being called thick I could give him some slack but saying damn Bit@h uh no. that is no compliment no matter how you put it.
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not my own, but a close friend was once told that she was built like a brick sh@thouse. Come again? We mulled it over for DAYS and finally decided it was meant as a compliment since she had just finished a rather intense weight lifting program and was in the best shape of her life. Just odd...who wants to be compared to an OUT HOUSE for God sake?!?!?
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    "Did you get a face lift, you look beautiful!"

And she was so sincere too... ummm... NOOOO!!! It's called eating healthy & exercising!
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    "That dress would look really good on you... if you lost some more weight"
  • reedusf
    reedusf Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're cute...kinda
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your gorgeous, but you just need to shed about 40 pounds and you'll be stunning.......

O.o