Eat Stop Eat..how it's worked for me.

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Using this thread to keep myself straight. I am going to start a fast. Of course, I ate last at 11 last night. Not going to make it obviously that long. But doing 20 hours, til 7 p.m., which is doable. I realize that I have really let myself start slipping in my eating habits, making excuses, and not drinking nearly enough water. So re-setting here I come. 5 hours down, 15 hours to go.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Using this thread to keep myself straight. I am going to start a fast. Of course, I ate last at 11 last night. Not going to make it obviously that long. But doing 20 hours, til 7 p.m., which is doable. I realize that I have really let myself start slipping in my eating habits, making excuses, and not drinking nearly enough water. So re-setting here I come. 5 hours down, 15 hours to go.

Well, if my cut off time is 7 pm, I'm down to 3 hours. Probably won't get to eat until 8 though. So that will make 21 hours for me. Going to do kickboxing now, which surprisingly enough I end up doing more energetically on days that I fast. Strange but true.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Okay, enough messing around. I should have known better than to try and fast on vacation. But now I really need to reset big time. Had a gain of 3 lb while on vacation, which isn't too bad as a lot of that is mostly water retention. So fasting started last night at 9 p.m. and will stop today at 7 p.m. Got my water all set up along with my coffee and teas. Ready, set...GO!!!

'm such a foodie that I was happy to cut the ESE as I neared goal but now I'm up 3lbs as well thanks to a week of partying, so I'm doing ESE with plain green tea and water from 8 to 8pm tonight to lose that weight and flush my system. I think it's mostly water from sodium gluten contamination (I hope so at least!)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Gotten "lazy" mentally, so I'm posting here to go through my ESE today so that I can stay focused. Started at 6:30 last night. Going to go the full 24 hours as I KNOW I can do it. I'm already 9.5 hours in.
  • heidilkao
    Options
    Hi all,
    I learned a lot from reading these posts and tried ESE this week. My first day went well. It was a rest day and i was very hungry by 22-24 hours. I ended up eating a huge dinner and ate up all my calories!:(
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you want a huge dinner that isn't too many cals just get about 200g lean meat (chicken/fish/turkey etc) and about 500g of broccoli or cauliflower or some other high fibre veggie. You will be VERY full. I put a bit of moroccan seasoning over the lot and it tastes great :) 528 cals with 250g chicken :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, I lost almost 10 lb originally once I starting doing this ESE, after not being able to lose a pound for three years. But I have gotten SOOOOO off track with my eating. And have become extremely lax with my ESE. 24 hours went to 20 hours went to 18 to 16 to 12 to 8, you get the picture. So I am determined to make it today at least 22 (stopped eating last night at 10 p.m. - daggone dunkin donut munchkins). But planning on late dinner with family tonight, so I am going to do this. 22 hours is nuttin. Piece of cake. So far, 7 hours down. Only 15 more to go. Not a problem as the donuts are sitting like lead bricks in my belly still it feels like. Water, water, water, water.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    14 hours to go. Silly to count down, but necessary for me :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    13 hours left. Leave the computer at 9 and hopefully to a busy day.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    writing because I want to save this.
    but, Is there a time that you workout during the day that is best?

Would you workout on your fast day closer to when you are going to break ?

OR would want to work out earlier to burn more?

Do you take your supplements during the fast cycle? Amino's have cals.

I have started the plan in the Muscle Fitness for this month and found that I wasn't very hungry the rest of the day.
    I am a long way from the finishing results, but I think this fast plan would go well with it. when I cycle it again next year.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 hours to go. Of course it will depend on when the family eats too. But I'm still going strong. Being home is the hardest part.

As for me, I exercise my normal schedule. I find on my fast days I end up having a lot of energy.

I don't take supplements personally. I fast twice a week and usually make sure my meals on fast days are full of protein and healthy qualities. My blood work has come back good since I started fasting.

Hope it all goes well for you in your goals.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I DID IT!!! 22 hours. Next fast is Sunday night to Monday night.
  • manda1284
    Options
    Okay....been outta commission for a while. I had to get a melanoma cut out of my shin a month ago....scary! Everything looks okay though, thank goodness. I'm back on track with my exercizing, even though I think I lost some muscle mass laying on the couch for 2 weeks. Working hard to get it back though...

Fasting until 7pm tonight. Hopefully a full 24 hours. I have serious "late-night-snacking" syndrome, so last night (not eating passed 7) was the hardest. I find that during the day, I'm fine. Gonna keep checking in just to be accountable :)
  • cutmd
    Options
    Lulubellwoowoo, I forgot to say congrats!

Manda, I'm glad everything is ok, melanoma is scary! I'm sure your muscles enjoyed a rest, too

I'm gonna do this thing again from 1am today till 1am tonight (I was working the swing shift and ate a plum). I havent felt like doing it but feel I don't really lose weight any other way, which is scary.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just found this post. Wondering who did it and what success you had?
  • manda1284
    Options
    Thanks CutMd..... my muscles definitely enjoyed the break haha.

Before my surgery, I had lost about 5 lbs, doing this. I usually fasted about once a week (usually Mondays after the weekend), and I just tried to eat sensibly the rest of the week. The weekends, I tend to eat like crap with my husband....so I think the fasting just helped to balance it out. I do a 40 min, pretty intense, full body workout twice a week, and then the other days, I might throw in some cardio....depending on my schedule. For me, I lose more weight with weights, not cardio. I started up again this week, and have already lost 1 lb. I think it works as long as you keep exercizing, and don't overcompensate for the food you're not eating during the day on your fasting days. I try really hard to not eat a HUGE dinner on my fasting days (even though it happens sometimes....)
  • cutmd
    Options
    I did this twice a week in august and lost 6lbs, got down to my initial goal weight. Gained 2 pounds back between dieting the regular way and being exposed to gluten (my nemesis). It looks like I may lose a pound this week thanks to restarting it.
    I agree with manda, I think it work if you don't overcompensate. I go ahead and count my calories at 0-0.5lb loss on mfp during the rest of the week, and try to be at least 1700 down on my fasting day (to lose half a pound)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    cutmd - like you, I had lost 7 lb by doing this twice a week, and then kind of got "lazy" and stopped posting. I started making excuses for myself in my eating, "rewarding" myself, then "sabotaging" myself. So I'm on a fast today, granted starting at 10 p.m. last night, but tonight is a late night for me anyway, but I'm not sure I'll get the full 1400 calories in. But I'll probably sit down to eat at 8 p.m. with a tiny bit of dessert (control, control, control) I have a timer on my phone. 15 hours to go. 15 hours to go :)
  • thinnerwant2b
    thinnerwant2b Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started this at 5:00 last night to 5:00 tonight so far so good. I plan on eating a sensable dinner and not eating all my cals. Wish me luck.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/127743-30-pounds-by-christmas-10wks-start-10-18-join

:smile:
    ]296445.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Need support on weightloss have a lot to loose. Just restarted again MFP:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I started this at 5:00 last night to 5:00 tonight so far so good. I plan on eating a sensable dinner and not eating all my cals. Wish me luck.

I think you'll do great. The last four hours for me are always killer. I always get lots of strong flavored teas and make a pot of it like Cinnamon or Peppermint. Those are my lifesavers. You are doing great!

My timer on my phone says 07:34:17 and I think, wow, less than 8 hours to go compared to 24. Not bad. Sometimes visual aids help too ;)