help me decide what sport for my son...

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    get him in a go kart asap.... F1 drivers earn MILLIONS, think how nice the nursing home he'll be able to afford will be!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    competitive chess or snooker

Dad's only around an 1800 in chess...can't have my son beating me...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How about you just start prepping him now for Big Brother, Survivor, and Amazing Race? That way you don't have to put yourself out for meets/games on Saturday morning and can assure him $1M possibly $3M . . . and with inflation it will probably be more by then . . . not to mention the reappearances and other celebrity he can attain through notoriety by aligning himself with such wholesome programming.
  • _noob_
    Options
    How about you just start prepping him now for Big Brother, Survivor, and Amazing Race? That way you don't have to put yourself out for meets/games on Saturday morning and can assure him $1M possibly $3M . . . and with inflation it will probably be more by then . . . not to mention the reappearances and other celebrity he can attain through notoriety by aligning himself with such wholesome programming.

AWESOME IDEA...I'll start training him for Biggest Loser
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Man, I was so skeered to look at this one. I figured I was going to see a video of competitive, projectile vomiting!
  • balfit
    balfit Posts: 30
    Options
    Gymnastics early on. Develop a sense of body awareness, basic movement, balance and strength early in life and later on, the application of this abilities will find it's way into any sport.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that you suck, and you are what is wrong with suburban TX. :grumble:

:yawn: Don't you know that all boys play football here?! Or, as my Spanish teacher insists we call it, "Hand Egg". :laugh:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Baseball if he makes it pro contracts are fully guaranteed
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I would go baseball and football. During the early years, the seasons don't have overlap. That way, he would be forced to keep his conditioning up year round. And the conditioning for one would not really rule out excelling at the other. Hell, Bo Jackson went pro in BOTH sports. Why limit his potential?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

Man, I was so skeered to look at this one. I figured I was going to see a video of competitive, projectile vomiting!

Ha ha! Nope, hurling is a real sport and it looks like so much fun. I wish they had a women's league closer to where I live.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Sarcastaball.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I would go baseball and football. During the early years, the seasons don't have overlap. That way, he would be forced to keep his conditioning up year round. And the conditioning for one would not really rule out excelling at the other. Hell, Bo Jackson went pro in BOTH sports. Why limit his potential?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAg1GQuSRPns9T2PnGJlO_B32cNVP9V3ksAhZBIIhqqQwH7wl-eg
  • _noob_
    Options

fall baseball is HUGE here...especially for select leagues.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Dance... trust me on this one. When he is a teenager all the hot girls will be all over him at the dance conventions.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

Great game, but as a former player I can tell you, there's no living to be made out of it.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

Ha ha! Nope, hurling is a real sport and it looks like so much fun. I wish they had a women's league closer to where I live.

The female equivalent is called Camogie, it's exactly the same. Try googling it, you never know.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Curling! This would make the competition for college scholarships non-existent. Hell, he could even slide in on a Winter Olympic Team.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Football, basketball and martial arts.

Despite what some people say here its hard to do some sports when you are quite tall and golf is one of them. Someone also suggested gymnastics so I pose this question....when was the last time that someone over 6 feet tall won a gymnastics medal at an elite level?
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    As an official i am gonna take this as a serious post and will respond with, let him play them all at a young age. If not you run the risk of injury plus he will choose what he likes or wants to do as he gets older.

Came back to see responses and realizes Noob started this...dammit I have been had...
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I think if you were to take the time to play ALL the different sports with him, he would eventually favor one over the others and choose for himself what he's willing to put an effort into. He won't really excel in something he doesn't like.