600 calories intake healthy?

Options
Hello everyone, I have been on a 600 calories intake for almost 6 months and feel great. My energy and stamina levels have maintained the high and full since the change. Because on my job, I sit on my *kitten* all day sometimes and when i do have to work I have a golf cart to get me around. I drink plenty of water all day and get plenty of sleep at night so i don't think it's too extreme but some of my co-workers have told me that's unhealthy and too extreme. Any opinions?

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Yes it is unhealthy because your body needs more calories. Are you ok losing a lot of muscle??? And ruining your metabolism??
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    No. And your profile says you do Cross-Fit, how you remain standing, let alone 'full of energy' is a mystery. You need to eat more.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been on a 600 calories intake for almost 6 months and feel great. My energy and stamina levels have maintained the high and full since the change. Because on my job, I sit on my *kitten* all day sometimes and when i do have to work I have a golf cart to get me around. I drink plenty of water all day and get plenty of sleep at night so i don't think it's too extreme but some of my co-workers have told me that's unhealthy and too extreme. Any opinions?
    Toss the diet and the golf cart. Eat way more! Move more. Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    600 calories is way too low.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, this is VERY unhealthy. You need at least 1200 calories a day, more depending on your profile stats. Please don't promote this to anyone else, this is not a healthy way to lose weight & tone up & you are doing more harm then good to your body. I suggest you educate yourself better because there is an obvious lack of knowledge. Good luck!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

What and you have only lost 17 llb in six months, Don't think so. You talking BS.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    really?!? c'mon - not enough
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Not healthy. Not sustainable as a lifestyle. If you have to ask if it's a good idea, it's probably not a good idea.
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why do I doubt that you've been sticking to no more than 600 calories a day for 6 months and only lost 17 lbs. Does not compute.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Right.

Can I have your car?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Why are you asking if it's unhealthy in your OP if you already think it is healthy? I agree with some other posters though. You simply could not be eating so few calories and maintain your weight or lose only 17 lbs.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options

And then...

Then why the hell did you ask? You knew what people were going to say.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't do that. It's not healthy. And if you wanted to maintain your current weight, you should find out what you currently burn and eat that much. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Will the trolls go back to sleep after Halloween?
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No lack of knowledge here. 600 has been working for me , its not a promotion but a question. A simple "No" sounds more knowledgeable.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

That's a terrible excuse. Nuts, oils, dried fruit, oreos, plain pop tarts, sorbet...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

If you think it's great and it's working then why did you bother to post about it?
This discussion has been closed.