600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Lol.. no.

Absolutely not. This is a ridiculous idea.
  • KellyAMueller
    KellyAMueller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WTF! Really, 600?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Let me put it into perspective for you, a newborn baby has more than 600 calories daily.

You're welcome!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    NO:angry:

xom04.gif
  • markheusser
    markheusser Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat 600 in one meal like 3 times day let alone a whole day...thats insane.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    600 is healthy... FOR BREAKFAST.. .followed by Lunch and Dinner and a few healthy snacks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No lack of knowledge here. 600 has been working for me , its not a promotion but a question. A simple "No" sounds more knowledgeable.

Can you give an example of your daily food intake?
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Nobody's maintenance calories is 600. You're at a deficit even if you never get out of bed. And there is no such thing as "unhealthy [or healthy] for me." Healthy is healthy. You can't get adequate protein on a 600 calorie vegan diet.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I will post what I posted in another thread (that was on a completely different level than this)....

VLCD = 800 cals a day or less.

I suggest reading this:
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/56/1/240S.full.pdf

It's full of great info on a study done on VLCD.
    To paraphrase it:
    Anyone <40% overweight or at a BMI ≤ 30 should not be on VLCD. VLCD's are suggeste to be sustained no longer than 12-16 weeks. VLCD programs should be monitored by a physician. VLCD enhances diuresis, electrolyte loss, may disturb acid-based balance, and affect concurrent medical conditions. Non-physician attended VLCD are not adequate, and medical supervision is mandatory.

In other words, if you're not severely obese and being monitored by a physician, get off it. You're not doing your body any favors.
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find out who else is under 1000 calories intake and yes I was gonna change my calorie intake over 1000 maybe next year
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    OP this is a great idea for you.... Please include me in your will. Or ...there is NFW you are living on 600 calories a day. Unless You are eyeballing foods and guessing at calorie totals.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Umm... really? I'm vegan... have been for years and I eat roughly 4000 calories a day. Just saying since you are promoting a big, bald faced lie that gives dieters, health conscious eaters and vegans a bad name. If you can't educate yourself on eating, you really shouldn't make a statement like that. Your bad eating habits have nothing to do with being vegan.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    OP this is a great idea for you.... Please include me in your will. Or ...there is NFW you are living on 600 calories a day. Unless You are eyeballing foods and guessing at calorie totals.

I think that's got to be the answer. Six months at 600 calories a day? He'd be half dead by now.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

You're NOT trying to promote this as a diet??? How does that work?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP seems to be looking for validation to continue eating 600 calories per day……or something like that….
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find out who else is under 1000 calories intake and yes I was gonna change my calorie intake over 1000 maybe next year

Um, what? You're going to be severely malnourished and end up in the hospital if you keep that up for a year.
  • kaylaknight4247
    kaylaknight4247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I follow a mostly vegan diet and have been completely vegan in the past. I eat 2000 cals a day, easily. That's with me watching my intake. I eat a far more variety of food now that I'm vegan too. That's just a cop-out...and actually pretty insulting that you're using it as an excuse to promote a stereotype so many of us try to fight that are vegetarians/vegans for moral or religious reasons.
  • Lost_And_Broke
    Lost_And_Broke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Under 900 calories a day is classed as a starvation diet and basically you body will store fat as it will not be sure where your next food will come from. You'll lose weight then gain fat and put it back on and more so start eating more, at least about 1000/1500
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Um, what? You're going to be severely malnourished and end up in the hospital if you keep that up for a year.
    it's okay, OP doesn't care. He know's how brittle bones / hair falling out / being weak is healthy.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    600. LOL. yeah, OK.
This discussion has been closed.