600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    yes, Oatmeal (Mom's Best Naturals Quik Oats with Raisins or banana with black coffee for breakfast and Garden salad with Jumbo crab meat and light ranch dressing for lunch. Dinner will be Sushi rolls or avocado tostadas

Vegan, huh.

Right! lol.

Vegan -

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    nooooo don't say you're vegan!! Don't continue to give us a bad rep! ugh!
    Agreed, but sadly dietary preferences are not an indicator of intellect or common sense.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    going public for ya to see

Did you mean TODAY, or....?

Edit: You do know that crabs and fish are living animals, right?
  • celticminx
    celticminx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I won't brow beat you about your lifestyle, I don't walk in your shoes. You asked a simple question so I will give you a simple answer...no it's not healthy unless you are under the supervision of a reliable physician. Even though some dietary information is quite basic for some it's not for others. When eating too few calories on a regular basis you risk your health in ways you may not see immediately or even the near future. The damage can be long term and not show up for many months or even years. You will lose muscle. The heart is a muscle. Once that has happened you cannot correct it. It's not like you just start doing a few more reps to build it back up.

My recommendation to you since you are feeling good is to see a doctor. Get a general physical, discuss you concerns or questions regarding your diet and health with them. That's what they are there for. Good luck to you.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time keeping my meals under 600, fack.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You measuring everything correctly? ...
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    yes, Oatmeal (Mom's Best Naturals Quik Oats with Raisins or banana with black coffee for breakfast and Garden salad with Jumbo crab meat and light ranch dressing for lunch. Dinner will be Sushi rolls or avocado tostadas

I guess sushi could be vegan, if you just have veggie rolls, but there ain't no way crab is vegan.

Maybe this is a picture of the OP:

participant.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    going public for ya to see

Did you mean TODAY, or....?

Edit: You do know that crabs and fish are living animals, right?

Also, did you know vegans don't eat dairy? I guess you didn't.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sushi, crab, eggs, cheese....:huh:

Vegan: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Edit: And to answer your question, no. It is not healthy.
  • twenty20tunnelvision
    Options

This... is not vegan.

I think you must be confused, due to lack of nourishment.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Vegan, huh.

Right! lol.

Vegan -

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I like this definition of vegan much better than the other ones I've read!! XD
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I guess sushi could be vegan, if you just have veggie rolls, but there ain't no way crab is vegan.

Maybe this is a picture of the OP:

participant.jpg

Nope. Neither arethe eggs, bacon, milk, sausage, etc in his diary.

There are a lot of days you are going over 600. And that's assuming everything is logged.

But hey, he got some attention.
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise Celticminx, I will rethink my calorie intake and take get a check up. Today i feel great and yesterday i ran 10 miles.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If the OP was a woman, I feel like we would all call this eating disorder territory. I definitely think it falls under eating disorder territory, if it's true.

Wait - did you call yourself a vegan, and then say you eat crab meat and sushi? Hmmmm... Something isn't right here.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I am assuming you do not have a girlfriend
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You measuring everything correctly? ...

Checked your diary, spotted discrepancies already, I'm pretty sure a banana is more than 1 calorie, unless you are genuinely eating a banana that weighs less than 1g
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    After reviewing a few weeks of the diary, here's my conclusion.

OP is eating more than he thinks and I question that he logs everything.

OP is eating more consistently at an average of 1400-1600 versus 600.

There are days when the OP doesn't log and I'll bet it isn't that he didn't eat, but didn't log.

Either way OP, I think you need to educate yourself and seek professional help from a psychiatrist, a registered dietitian and a physician for your desire to eat at a 600 daily calorie goal.
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do admit i do cheat so call me semi vegan.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    smells like troll up in here...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

:snort:

You cheat. Everyday. I'd call that an omnivore.
This discussion has been closed.