600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Is this thread the obligatory `let us all have an argument` or is there something coming later in another thread....I have to save my popcorn...cos am eating at a deficit :grumble:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Wow, topping off an unhealthy diet (based on the experiences of many former vegans) with not eating near enough to nourish your body. "It's not unhealthy".. we'll see what you say about that in 10 years.

You're (non functioning) mind is made up; why even bother asking for opinions?

PS: Shame on me for not reading farther before commenting. Total BS. So, troll, you must be what age? 12 maybe? I'm no fan of veganism but I hope they lynch you for claiming to be vegan when you aren't even close. :angry:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Wow, topping off an unhealthy diet (based on the experiences of many former vegans) with not eating near enough to nourish your body. "It's not unhealthy".. we'll see what you say about that in 10 years.

You're (non functioning) mind is made up; why even bother asking for opinions?

Keep reading. OP is neither vegan nor is he eating only 600 calories.
  • Majda1234
    Options
    I am not sure if he is making this up because i used to eat less then 600 calories and do 3 hour cardio and an hour of weight lifting a day and i was doing it for a year thinking it will be for lifetime but it is definitely not healthy way and only will backfire.
    It is a great diet plan if you want to destroy your body and muscles, then go ahead this is probably one of the best ways to do it. Until one day you are either hospitalised or turn to binge eating as a respond to starvation.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

Are you? I can't? I just don't...

plot twist: I saw this before the edit. 1/10

plot twist: I still don't know if you're stupid or being sarcastic. It's hard to tell with all the stupid in this topic...

LOL. I would keep going but I'm hangry and need to go get some tacos.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

eta: also bananas are 1 calorie because of, um, net carbs and potassium or whatever. like they're almost negative calories but because of the sugar they count as 1. or is that weight watcher points? ****.

So much stupid. 0_o

you should get your sarcasm detector checked out, because it is failing.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone in this thread for making this boring afternoon at work at least a smidge more entertaining. From the serious posters, to the unsung heroes of thinly-veiled humor, to the posters who didn't even understand that humor...

Thank you.

:flowerforyou:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

plot twist: I still don't know if you're stupid or being sarcastic. It's hard to tell with all the stupid in this topic...

vegan tacos?
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow. How do you have the balls to call yourself a vegan and have a diary FULL of non vegan foods? Calling yourself something doesn't make it so, and you should be ashamed of yourself for giving vegans a bad name. Obviously you don't eat 600 calories a day and obviously you aren't vegan, why the heck did you waste everyone's time with the BS?
  • whooter
    whooter Posts: 47
    Options
    enjoy life my man
  • nataliem257
    nataliem257 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    600 a day is way too low, no doubt. But I get annoyed at people who are constantly throwing out the 1200 number like its some sort of magic threshold. I have been constantly dropping my calories per the recommendations of MFP over the last few months (56 lbs so far), but after a month or 2 at 1200 the weight loss plateaued, I wanted to reach a certain weight, by a certain deadline, so i dropped it again. My goal is around 800, some days I eat more, but thats my general rule of thumb. The key is, I do NOT do this by starving myself. I just eat very, very carefully. For example, I cut at least 150-200 calories a day out of my diet by eliminating cheese and mayo from all sandwiches and eliminating the cream from my morning coffee. I eat alot of low calorie vegetables and poultry, and i take vitamin supplements daily to ensure I am getting everything I need. This is something I'm doing for a short period of time, until i reach my goal weight (15 more lbs to go!), and then I will raise my levels to a long term sustainable number. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, 800 calories chosen very very carefully, wasting no calories on things that will not make me any more full, in my opinion, is just as healthy as 1200 calories with 400 of those being empty. Just my 2 cents.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

Just because you're losing weight doesn't mean it's working - when you go back to a normal diet you will gain your weight back. Plus, what you are losing might not just be fat, it could be water and muscle too. You probably haven't lost as much as you think you have.

Even with the restrictions of a vegan diet, you could still pull more than 600 calories a day. Dont be afraid to nourish your body! :smile:
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To bad your food diary makes you a liar.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    WOW, taking so much pride being vegan. I made a commitment this year to start so yes i'm still trying and yes I have my reasons why i eat that nasty pizza and hot wings ect. I can give that up and make better vegan choses

whats-happening.gif
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm meter is fine. Some actually believe that type of bullhokey. Id rather put in the facepalm for the one person who will take it seriously. For those with healthy reasoning sorry not everyone is pre-equipped. Lol.
  • lb12231
    Options
    Straight up... definitely not :noway: It may feel healthy, but the truth is, it is definitely nowhere enough, especially if you exercise. I used to eat under 500 calories but thankfully I am now eating 1000/12000 calories. I'd recommend you check out how many calories you should be eating according to your height and weight and birth date and try and stick to that. It's really hard I know, I've been through the struggle, but everyday, just eat a couple more pieces of healthy, nutritious food than usual and that way, gradually ease into eating a healthy amount of calories that you need per day :flowerforyou: You'll thank yourself for it. Your diet may feel good now, but I can't make any promises on what it'll feel like in the long run :frown:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    600 a day is way too low, no doubt. But I get annoyed at people who are constantly throwing out the 1200 number like its some sort of magic threshold. I have been constantly dropping my calories per the recommendations of MFP over the last few months (56 lbs so far), but after a month or 2 at 1200 the weight loss plateaued, I wanted to reach a certain weight, by a certain deadline, so i dropped it again. My goal is around 800, some days I eat more, but thats my general rule of thumb. The key is, I do NOT do this by starving myself. I just eat very, very carefully. For example, I cut at least 150-200 calories a day out of my diet by eliminating cheese and mayo from all sandwiches and eliminating the cream from my morning coffee. I eat alot of low calorie vegetables and poultry, and i take vitamin supplements daily to ensure I am getting everything I need. This is something I'm doing for a short period of time, until i reach my goal weight (15 more lbs to go!), and then I will raise my levels to a long term sustainable number. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, 800 calories chosen very very carefully, wasting no calories on things that will not make me any more full, in my opinion, is just as healthy as 1200 calories with 400 of those being empty. Just my 2 cents.

Oh dear and look how sick it's made you look, just a grey empty shell.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    troll-meme-live-wallpaper-5-0-s-307x512.jpg much
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

vegan tacos?

I only like meat in my taco
  • transgeek
    transgeek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This has got to be a joke or something. You need at least 1200 calories/day...and doing cross fit? You need more. You must have an eating disorder.
This discussion has been closed.