Saying No to Vaccinations

Options

Replies

• SkaterGirl704
    SkaterGirl704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My friend is a doctor. They offer vaccines to people, but she said she would never take any herself. They are filled with mercury. Also vaccines has been shown to cause autism in some cases!
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I do not get vaccinated for anything. I do not like the idea of some scientists whipping up some random mix in a lab and shooting people up with it. Like the H1N1 vaccination for example, how soon did they have that made? long term studies? I think not.

BTW - I worked in a youth addiction facility last winter...I did not get sick ONCE. Eat healthy, exercise. :D

Stop, just stop.
    @ whierd

I literally believe everything you post because you look so Damn smart in your profile pics. ;) love it
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I do not get vaccinated for anything. I do not like the idea of some scientists whipping up some random mix in a lab and shooting people up with it. Like the H1N1 vaccination for example, how soon did they have that made? long term studies? I think not.

BTW - I worked in a youth addiction facility last winter...I did not get sick ONCE. Eat healthy, exercise. :D

Stop, just stop.
    @ whierd

I literally believe everything you post because you look so Damn smart in your profile pics. ;) love it

You should, I'm very smart. :tongue:
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The number of people who have complications from these things is very low. I only personally know one person (and that was Guillain–Barré syndrome; I've never known anyone else other than that one person who contracted it). More people are likely to die or have major health issues from the flu virus when they're unvaccinated, than from the vaccination, imho. Yes, vaccinations have some chemicals in them that might no be good for us, but so do foods and the environment. Ignorance is bliss...get your vaccination unless you have a really good reason not to. The more people who avoid getting sick, the better. The world stays healthy that way.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i think this is just a matter of choice
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Darwinism.

I'm just thankful Daddy (and hubby) was in the military. I even got vaccinated with the LIVE-virus smallpox vaccine (as one of the last groups inoculated). I have ALL KINDS of antibodies. :D
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    Vaccines have crazy shot put in the by the guvament to control u, word
  • hugalot28
    Options
    I can tell only why I am not a huge fan of vaccines. We have always got our little ones vaccinated, and when our now 9 yr old got her 1 year MMR, not 30 minutes later she had 4 clustered grand mal seizures(We have NO family history of seizure disorders). They said she was "allergic" to the vaccine somehow but that it doesn't cause epilepsy. Her neurologist has said her seizures are complex partial and caused by the MMR shot. She has close to 50 focal seizures a day plus some grand mal, and that is on meds. Her last EEG revealed 18 seizures in 30 minutes.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you can get a vaccine, you absolutely should. People who are immunocompromised or who have a legitimate reason for not getting vaccinated (such as being allergic to an ingredient) DEPEND on herd immunity. If you choose not to vaccinate yourself/your kids for stupid reasons like "but I heard it causes autism!" or "but I never get sick, why should I bother?" then you're endangering those people.

Also, why wouldn't you take the opportunity to protect yourself from disease? Seriously...

I'm glad to see that most MFPers are sane and don't subscribe to anti-vaccination hysteria.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    My whole entire life i have been severely ill, since i was a wee little pipsqueak..... I can not understand for the life of me why if you had a chance to make sure your child did not get a certain disease why you wouldn't just take it, shut up and be thankful...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I have nursed children with whooping cough - horrible disease; I am a family genealogist and so many children in my family history died of preventable diseases whilst just little - measles, etc - before vaccinations became available. Vaccination works to stop these diseases. If someone really doesn't want to do it, then OK, but don't push it onto others. I worked at a school and we had a list of all the kids who weren't immunised - if anyone got measles they had to be excluded from school, day care, etc.

Autism is a worry, but I haven't read enough to know if it is linked to / proven to be linked to getting your kids immunised.

I get the flu shot every year.

I still remember being in school, or even when my 20 year old was in elementary, being required to provide an immunization record. Without it you could not start school. When did that change?

I think you can opt your kids out if it goes against religious beliefs. At least in my state. Otherwise, you still have to bring in that record.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you can get a vaccine, you absolutely should. People who are immunocompromised or who have a legitimate reason for not getting vaccinated (such as being allergic to an ingredient) DEPEND on herd immunity. If you choose not to vaccinate yourself/your kids for stupid reasons like "but I heard it causes autism!" or "but I never get sick, why should I bother?" then you're endangering those people.

Also, why wouldn't you take the opportunity to protect yourself from disease? Seriously...

I'm glad to see that most MFPers are sane and don't subscribe to anti-vaccination hysteria.

^^^^ this^^^^^ AMEN
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Strange coincidence that we just started watching the episode of Charmed with Jenny McCarthy on it.... hmmm.....
  • onezeronine
    onezeronine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My friend is a doctor. They offer vaccines to people, but she said she would never take any herself. They are filled with mercury. Also vaccines has been shown to cause autism in some cases!

Vaccines are not filled with mercury. They just aren't. You are confused. Years ago, some vaccines were packaged with a preservative called thimerosal, which helped them not go bad before they get into people. One of the components that thimerosal breaks down into is ethyl mercury. Your body eliminates that in your urine very rapidly. Some folks got that confused with METHYL mercury, which, in high doses, can be toxic (the same kind of mercury that's found in some fish) and got their panties in a wad as a result. Even so, the industry eliminated thimerosal from all except for a select few kinds of flu vaccines packaged in multi-dose vials. They did that purely for the good PR, not because it had anything to do with vaccine safety or toxicity.

Your doctor friend is an idiot, and it frightens me that some health professionals actually believe that crap.

Finally, vaccines do not cause autism. There are hundreds of studies to that effect. There was ONE article published in the British Medical Journal years and years ago that claimed to prove that vaccines cause autism. Later, it was found that the person that wrote that article (Dr. Andrew Wakefield) completely fabricated his data. Not manipulated, but straight up made it up entirely. His article was retracted, he lost his medical license, and he's been literally run out of his home country (the UK) and is currently living in Texas somewhere doing god knows what. You can't make this stuff up.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    evil-mr-vaccine.gif

^ this....

Saying No to Vaccinations is STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE!
  • SkaterGirl704
    Options
    Do you know when you get the flu shot they are actually injecting the virus into you, and you get sick.
    Everybody in my family got it, except me. Once you get it you always have to. They all get the flu, I
    only get the flu like once every 5 years. People should let their bodies fight viruses off naturally, not
    depend on shots.
  • whierd
    Options

Vaccines are not filled with mercury. They just aren't. You are confused. Years ago, some vaccines were packaged with a preservative called thimerosal, which helped them not go bad before they get into people. One of the components that thimerosal breaks down into is ethyl mercury. Your body eliminates that in your urine very rapidly. Some folks got that confused with METHYL mercury, which, in high doses, can be toxic (the same kind of mercury that's found in some fish) and got their panties in a wad as a result. Even so, the industry eliminated thimerosal from all except for a select few kinds of flu vaccines packaged in multi-dose vials. They did that purely for the good PR, not because it had anything to do with vaccine safety or toxicity.

Your doctor friend is an idiot, and it frightens me that some health professionals actually believe that crap.

Finally, vaccines do not cause autism. There are hundreds of studies to that effect. There was ONE article published in the British Medical Journal years and years ago that claimed to prove that vaccines cause autism. Later, it was found that the person that wrote that article (Dr. Andrew Wakefield) completely fabricated his data. Not manipulated, but straight up made it up entirely. His article was retracted, he lost his medical license, and he's been literally run out of his home country (the UK) and is currently living in Texas somewhere doing god knows what. You can't make this stuff up.

BOOM!!!
  • whierd
    Options
    Do you know when you get the flu shot they are actually injecting the virus into you, and you get sick.
    Everybody in my family got it, except me. Once you get it you always have to. They all get the flu, I
    only get the flu like once every 5 years. People should let their bodies fight viruses off naturally, not
    depend on shots.

They are injecting the dead virus into you so that your body will detect the virus and begin producing virus-specific antibodies to fight it off.

So no, once they get it they don't always have to get it.
  • SkaterGirl704
    Options
    Ya ok Bud!
    And you are the scientist.
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Vaccines used to contain a chemical compound called Thimerosal (or Thiomersal, depending on where you are) which is a salt of mercury, chemically called ethyl mercury. Ethyl mercury is not harmful; its brother methylmercury is (I bet you drink ethyl alcohol, but you wouldn't touch methyl alcohol if you have half a brain) but there was still a scaremongering campaign which has resulted in Thiomersal being removed out of vaccinations. Do you eat tuna? There is far, far more mercury in a can of tuna than there ever was in a vaccination. When they removed the Thiomersal from vaccines, there was no resulting drop in the cases of autism being diagnosed. And if you're going to claim that vaccines have been shown to cause autism, you're going to need to provide links to peer-reviewed studies which prove this (good luck, there aren't any - Wakefield's "study" has been thoroughly discredited and he's been struck off). People think that vaccines cause autism because jabs are given about the time when autism first shows itself - correlation does not equal causation, no matter how much people think it does, and the plural of anecdotes is not data. It's just a shame that this ridiculous claim has diverted so much funding and attention away from work which may have found more out about autism and helped parents who have autistic kids.

Edit: cross-posted with onezeronine - two minds, one thought!
This discussion has been closed.