Saying No to Vaccinations

Options

Replies

• lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have to get my flu shot each year. I have an autoimmune disease and I'm in end stage renal failure. I really have to be careful.

When the H1N1 was really rampent some years ago, I was working as a teacher. I wasn't in renal failure at that time. We were supposed to get our flu shots at school, but they ran out before they got to my school. Sure enough, I caught it, was initially misdiagnosed as having a stomach bug, and really had to suffer through it before someone finally did the flu test correctly. Sadly, that's what pushed my already struggling kidneys over the edge.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    And let's say for giggles that vaccines cause autism. It seems the anti vaxxers would rather their kid risk a terrible illness and die, rather than have autism but still be alive? Boggles my brains.

My eldest has autism and I used that argument when I got my other 3 vaccinated. Yes living with autism is difficult but you can die from measles and whopping cough.

I think one of the reasons is that the MMR is linked with Autism is that MMR is giving at the age when Autism becomes more apparent. We knew with out youngest had autism at six months and still had her MMR at 13 months.

However I have been offered the flu jab but my docs have told me not to take becuase of my large amount of allergies including egg and there could be a bad reaction.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    evil-mr-vaccine.gif

I like this!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My degree is in the medical field and from that perspective the amount of misinformation and scare mongering regarding vaccination out there is atrocious. Please, please, please vaccinate your children. Please.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Autism is not because you had a MMR vaccination. While Autism isn't fully understood, it is a neurological condition which a person is born with. You can't get it from environmental factors.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My degree is in the medical field and from that perspective the amount of misinformation and scare mongering regarding vaccination out there is atrocious. Please, please, please vaccinate your children. Please.
    My step-grandmother was a pediatrician and I can't even count the number of nurses and pharmacists in my family and close circle of friends.

I am vaccinated and so is my daughter and I would do it again. No one who loves us and works in the field ever said not to. My aunts who are nurses' children are all vaccinated, too. My pharmacist cousin's sons are vaccinated.

I've read that one of the reasons autism is "on the rise" is that it's being diagnosed more often and the definition has changed some. So kids who should have been diagnosed 30 or 40 years ago didn't get diagnosed and it's not necessarily more prevalent, just more often noticed.

I actually never get the flu shot, but mostly out of laziness. I don't have a problem with it, but I haven't had so much as a cold in more than 10 years, so I don't bother.

However, my mother got pnemonia several years in a row and was out of work for weeks at a time. She finally started getting the flu shot and never got pnemonia again.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    You guys are a crack up.

I understand what the flu shot is for and the basics of how it works. I'd rather buy lottery tickets and count on that for retirement than count on them guessing the strain for the year.

But, carry on getting your shots. Seriously. It doesn't matter. Either way. They might occasionally get it right, but I doubt it.

I guess I'll never know since I don't get the shot because I feel it is unnecessary and I don't get sick.

Your feelings /=/ Science
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I've read that one of the reasons autism is "on the rise" is that it's being diagnosed more often and the definition has changed some. So kids who should have been diagnosed 30 or 40 years ago didn't get diagnosed and it's not necessarily more prevalent, just more often noticed.

This is true for most diseases that are ''on the rise'. Including depression and bipolar. It used to be that the bipolar guy was the crazy town drunk but now people are being diagnosed more accurately so it makes it seem like those things are 'on the rise' or that people are using them as the diagnosis of the month when that isnt the case at all.
  • Mutant13
    Options

This is true for most diseases that are ''on the rise'. Including depression and bipolar. It used to be that the bipolar guy was the crazy town drunk but now people are being diagnosed more accurately so it makes it seem like those things are 'on the rise' or that people are using them as the diagnosis of the month when that isnt the case at all.

Exactly. It's the same as people who makes silly claims like "Cancer didn't exists X years ago because people were eating organic/used herbal medicine/didn't wear pants.'
    Of course cancer existed. We just didn't know what the f$ck it was.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

I say yes to vaccinations and herd immunity.

^^^ YEP.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Darwinism.

I'm just thankful Daddy (and hubby) was in the military. I even got vaccinated with the LIVE-virus smallpox vaccine (as one of the last groups inoculated). I have ALL KINDS of antibodies. :D

Yup, me too. My shot record is about 2.5 pages long! By the way, no one should complain about how much a shot hurts unless you've gotten the smallpox vaccine and/or 5 shots of anthrax vaccine!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Against vaccinations? That is just silly.....
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    The only vaccinations I have ever had are those that required when I was a child.

I know that I should get the chickenpox vaccination since I've never had the chicken pox but I'm too lazy.

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and I don't intend on getting it either. I don't feel it's necessary for people who are healthy to get it. Children and older people and those with an already compromised immune system absolutely but the average Joe who is healthy, doesn't get sick and has a strong immune system? No.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The only vaccinations I have ever had are those that required when I was a child.

I know that I should get the chickenpox vaccination since I've never had the chicken pox but I'm too lazy.

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and I don't intend on getting it either. I don't feel it's necessary for people who are healthy to get it. Children and older people and those with an already compromised immune system absolutely but the average Joe who is healthy, doesn't get sick and has a strong immune system? No.

I didn't get the chicken pox vaccine either, and while younger for some reason I never ever caught it even though there were numerous times I was exposed. I finally caught it at age 21 from babysitting a kid who had just had it a couple weeks earlier and was supposedly past the contagious stage lol. It's true what they say that getting it as an adult is definitely worse than getting it as a kid. But I'm still alive so theres that :drinker:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    You guys are a crack up.

I understand what the flu shot is for and the basics of how it works. I'd rather buy lottery tickets and count on that for retirement than count on them guessing the strain for the year.

But, carry on getting your shots. Seriously. It doesn't matter. Either way. They might occasionally get it right, but I doubt it.

I guess I'll never know since I don't get the shot because I feel it is unnecessary and I don't get sick.

Your feelings /=/ Science

Exactly. And not choosing to get vaccinated because you "never get sick" is extremely selfish. The only way vaccines work is if everybody gets them. Those that are immuno-compromised (sp?) and can't get shots depend on everybody else to get vaccinated so that they won't get sick.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

See my above post. It's not all about you when it comes to vaccines.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Never mind.

It's not even worth it.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    First off I want to say I'm not against childhood vaccinations. But, the flu "vaccine" is nothing like the ones you get as a child. It's a predicted random concoction that makes big profits for big pharma every year.

I see a lot responding "I'll believe what the doctors/scientist tell me". Guess what; those people get generous kick backs from big pharma - you know the ones that make a fortune every year on the flu "vaccine". I had the flu vaccine once about 6-7 years ago, but never since. Guess what; never got sick. Yes, that's anecdotal but I'd rather my body fight it on it's own if I get it instead of getting some random cocktail and lining some CEOs pocket even more.

Not to mention, the world is over populated and there needs to be a "cleansing" otherwise everyone will suffer in the end due to lack of resources. The same reason hunters have to "thin the herd" of deer and whatever else.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

It's always about me. Time to "thin the herd" - survival of the fittest.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    I don't expect to change anyone's mind. This guy's blog explains it pretty much how I would explain it. Yeah, healthy adults might be able to get over whooping cough or measles, but not everybody is.

http://oddoklahoma.com/2013/07/05/please-vaccinate-your-damn-kids/
This discussion has been closed.