Saying No to Vaccinations

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The only vaccinations I have ever had are those that required when I was a child.

I know that I should get the chickenpox vaccination since I've never had the chicken pox but I'm too lazy.

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and I don't intend on getting it either. I don't feel it's necessary for people who are healthy to get it. Children and older people and those with an already compromised immune system absolutely but the average Joe who is healthy, doesn't get sick and has a strong immune system? No.

See my above post. It's not all about you when it comes to vaccines.
    It's always about me. Time to "thin the herd" - survival of the fittest.

Thin the herd of cancer stricken people that can't get vaccinated and depend on others to get THEIR vaccinations? Hmm, I'll pass that message along.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    First off I want to say I'm not against childhood vaccinations. But, the flu "vaccine" is nothing like the ones you get as a child. It's a predicted random concoction that makes big profits for big pharma every year.

I see a lot responding "I'll believe what the doctors/scientist tell me". Guess what; those people get generous kick backs from big pharma - you know the ones that make a fortune every year on the flu "vaccine". I had the flu vaccine once about 6-7 years ago, but never since. Guess what; never got sick. Yes, that's anecdotal but I'd rather my body fight it on it's own if I get it instead of getting some random cocktail and lining some CEOs pocket even more.

Not to mention, the world is over populated and there needs to be a "cleansing" otherwise everyone will suffer in the end due to lack of resources. The same reason hunters have to "thin the herd" of deer and whatever else.

Wait.

You mean big pharma gets kickbacks?? Say it ain't so!!

Seriously though there was a time where there was no flu vaccine and people got along without it. You either got the flu or you didn't. Now all of a sudden some scientists in some lab some where comes up with a vaccine and everyone jumps on the bandwagon to get it and blasts those who choose not to.

I choose not to because I don't think it's necessary for me. Too much is being forced on people that is not necessary. What happened to the freedom of choice? Never mind the fact that doctors don't take the time to diagnose or look for other options when it comes to illness. They're so quick to check you out and open up their pad and scribble out an RX for you and send you on your merry little way and people take it and think it's fine because doctor knows best, right? Wrong. There are a lot of drugs out there that do far more damage to you than whatever it is that they are treating. Hell, most of those nice antibiotics that they give you -- the Z-pack comes to mind -- is toxic.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a little lamb who strayed from the herd.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Seriously though there was a time where there was no flu vaccine and people got along without it. You either got the flu or you didn't.

And a lot of people died.

You could say that about every single disease that now has a vaccination. I guess we shouldn't bother.

You either get polio or you don't.

You either get measles or you don't.

We also got along without cars, trains, airplanes, computers, cell phones ...

Let's just go back to the Dark Ages, Why not? Heaven forbid anyone make the dreaded MONEY while making life better.

You're right, too, about antibiotics. No one should take them. They're evil and toxic. They have certainly not helped anyone ever. Look at all the people still dying from strep throat!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The only vaccinations I have ever had are those that required when I was a child.

I know that I should get the chickenpox vaccination since I've never had the chicken pox but I'm too lazy.

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and I don't intend on getting it either. I don't feel it's necessary for people who are healthy to get it. Children and older people and those with an already compromised immune system absolutely but the average Joe who is healthy, doesn't get sick and has a strong immune system? No.

Thin the herd of cancer stricken people that can't get vaccinated and depend on others to get THEIR vaccinations? Hmm, I'll pass that message along.
    Go ahead. I'm of the opinion that modern medicine is both a blessing and a curse. People are living longer these days then they ever have. There's a price to pay for that in the long run.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    You really think Big Farma and the FDA has everyone's best interests at hear?

I don't give a crap who makes money but when there's kickbacks going around to the pharmaceutical companies for writing out prescriptions that aren't needed then I have a problem with that. When the FDA approves drugs, puts them on the market and has a whole list of side effects -- 'FATAL EVENTS MAY OCCUR' -- then yes, I have a problem with it.

One should not die, get cancer, TB, or any other disease because they took a medication to stop a disease.
  • FrenchMob
    Options
    Seriously though there was a time where there was no flu vaccine and people got along without it. You either got the flu or you didn't.

And a lot of people died.

You could say that about every single disease that now has a vaccination. I guess we shouldn't bother.

You either get polio or you don't.

You either get measles or you don't.

We also got along without cars, trains, airplanes, computers, cell phones ...

Let's just go back to the Dark Ages, Why not? Heaven forbid anyone make the dreaded MONEY while making life better.

You're right, too, about antibiotics. No one should take them. They're evil and toxic. They have certainly not helped anyone ever. Look at all the people still dying from strep throat!
    Your argument is weak. See my post above.
  • FrenchMob
    Options

I don't give a crap who makes money but when there's kickbacks going around to the pharmaceutical companies for writing out prescriptions that aren't needed then I have a problem with that. When the FDA approves drugs, puts them on the market and has a whole list of side effects -- 'FATAL EVENTS MAY OCCUR' -- then yes, I have a problem with it.

One should not die, get cancer, TB, or any other disease because they took a medication to stop a disease.
    At least there's someone else with common sense in here.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I dont much care if they arent vaccinating their kids more resources made available for my child after the next big flu epidemic hits.

I do hope you are at least vaccinating your pets. Seeing a puppy die from parvo or distemper, and a kitten suffer the ravages of felline luekemia is heart wrenching. Oh and rabies cause no wants to see the head of their beloved pet chopped off.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Go ahead. I'm of the opinion that modern medicine is both a blessing and a curse. People are living longer these days then they ever have. There's a price to pay for that in the long run.

You're a charming person.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My cousin lost a baby girl (6 months old) last year to rotovirus.

Her (former) doctor is on the anti-vaccine train and didn't tell her about it because he thought there wasn't enough information about what it would lead to.

My daughter had the same vaccine in '09 - what did it lead to? I have no idea, she didn't get sick though.

For the sake of your children and the children they come into contact with, vaccinate!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Common sense is educating onesself on the particular disease in need of treatment and the pros and cons of taking a medication.

My cholesterol is quite high. It's genetic. No one in my family has ever had a heart attack or stroke, however, and longevity is quite common. My HDL is higher than normal, my triglycerides are fine and my blood pressure is low. Taking all of that into account, I decided I would NOT risk my liver to go on cholesterol meds.

That doesn't mean someone else shouldn't under other circumstances.

And I think if the people in the drug industry were as evil as the tin foil hatters think, we would all be dropping dead left and right instead of living longer, healthier lives than ever.

Everything you do has a risk. It's all about weighing risk and reward and making your choice.

I'm grateful for what we have available now.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Jealous that I never been fat in my life. I only have 10 lbs to lose. I never weighed over 110 in my life.
    Oh I know yup! Thank God I have and was blessed with good genes. Ba bye! Unless somebody wants me to tell fat jokes LMFAOI

Ain't you so speshul. Bless your heart :flowerforyou:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

Common sense is educating onesself on the particular disease in need of treatment and the pros and cons of taking a medication.

My cholesterol is quite high. It's genetic. No one in my family has ever had a heart attack or stroke, however, and longevity is quite common. My HDL is higher than normal, my triglycerides ae fine and my blood pressure is low. Taking all of that into account, I decided I would NOT risk my liver to go on cholesterol meds.

And I think if the people in the drug industry were as evil as the tin foil hatters think, we would all be dropping dead left and right instad of living longer, healthier lives than ever.

Everything you do has a risk. It's all about weighing risk and reward and making your choice.

This.

Yes the pharmaceutical industry is a business, nobody is debating that.

Is it a huge, evil, megacorporation that wants everybody to be on their deathbeds. No.

Believe it or not, the fact that there is a lot of money in the healthcare industry is not immediately indicative of a total lack of ethics.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

My cholesterol is quite high. It's genetic. No one in my family has ever had a heart attack or stroke, however, and longevity is quite common. My HDL is higher than normal, my triglycerides are fine and my blood pressure is low. Taking all of that into account, I decided I would NOT risk my liver to go on cholesterol meds.

And I think if the people in the drug industry were as evil as the tin foil hatters think, we would all be dropping dead left and right instead of living longer, healthier lives than ever.

And that's your prerogative.

Mine is to not get a flu vaccine and to not listen to everything Big Pharma and the FDA says.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Got my flu shot this morning. I own a small business and just can't afford to be sick. BTW- Costco has em for $14.99- can't beat that!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

Her (former) doctor is on the anti-vaccine train and didn't tell her about it because he thought there wasn't enough information about what it would lead to.

My daughter had the same vaccine in '09 - what did it lead to? I have no idea, she didn't get sick though.

For the sake of your children and the children they come into contact with, vaccinate!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your niece. That Dr is not deserving of the title.
    People need to stop putting their personal agendas and Ill formed options before children's health.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Wow, my baby is almost 6 months old and now I'm definitely going to ask about it at her next appointment. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Is it a huge, evil, megacorporation that wants everybody to be on their deathbeds. No.

Oh really.

Do you listen to the ads for medications out there? What do you think a "fatal event" is? How is it possible to get cancer, TB, go blind or what have you from taking a medication that's supposed to help a condition? How is it even right to put a drug like that into production, knowing that there are people that might die from taking it?

Do you honestly think the FDA and Big Pharma actually cares about the people who take their medication?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Anyone who refuses to vaccinate their kids should be seen as a neglectful parent. Just my view. You shouldn't want your child to catch a disease that can be prevented nor spread that disease to other children. It's not right.

Again, just my opinion on the matter.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Do you know when you get the flu shot they are actually injecting the virus into you, and you get sick.
    Everybody in my family got it, except me. Once you get it you always have to. They all get the flu, I
    only get the flu like once every 5 years. People should let their bodies fight viruses off naturally, not
    depend on shots.

thats-enough-internet-for-today.gif
This discussion has been closed.