Zombies are everywhere!

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are they the fast or slow zombies?

Regardless, you could call me runner 5 and find me heading to the Able township.

Yeah, whether they are the Walking Dead type Zombies or the Zombies from 28 Days Later is extremely important.

I really hope it is the first.

Or World War Z? I love zombie movies but those biomasses are freaky!

P.S. Whether I'd stay or go would depend on how aggresive they're being about trying to get into houses. If they're just shambling around aimlessly, I think I'd hunker down and try to survive at home as long as I could. But if they're trying to break into houses at the mere scent of brains, I'd grab the guns, ammo, a few essentials and skidaddle.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Duh, dont you have a zombie get away shelter? Like they do on that doomsday preppers? lol

None of them have zombie shelters.

No but they prepare for things that are going to end our world, so they should!
    Maybe I should get on the show.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Get my guns out and start shooting. I've been prepping for this for years, but New York State has put a little wrench in my wheel, if you will.

Guns just attrack more of them, you need bows, arrows and knives!

I have all of the above. Guns are more fun, though.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Get my guns out and start shooting. I've been prepping for this for years, but New York State has put a little wrench in my wheel, if you will.

Tru! Guess I better invest in sum bows!
  • arghbowl
    Options

I couldn't get into World War Z. Bummer.
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well, in my case it would be eerily quiet since we live way out in the country. Because we're such a small amount of people, there wouldn't be this huge rush all at once.

Scary subject, though! I love horror movies and can watch them constantly, but when it comes to Zombies, they really do scare me!!!

These are both also true for me! It can look a bit "28 Days Later" around here when I'm out running using the "Zombies, Run!" app. I am so terrified of the idea of Zombies, but am using that to my advantage in training :)

I think I would try and gather up food from our allotment, take stock of what medical supplies we have in the house and run to the local shops if anything major was lacking. Then get the shotguns out of the safe, board up the windows and try to resist the overwhelming urge to drink all the alcohol in the house.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I have a two story house.
    Gather all of the food, water, guns, ammo, ect and bring them upstairs.
    Destroy the outside staircase and barricade the inside one and simply hold out.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I have a two story house.
    Gather all of the food, water, guns, ammo, ect and bring them upstairs.
    Destroy the outside staircase and barricade the inside one and simply hold out.

You would not survive the Zombie apocalypse.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would be the hunkering down type, but it would be hard to stay on the go with kids. Most likely I would stick to the water as much as possible. There are some really nice houseboats at the lake and with fish, deer, ducks, geese and a plethora of other creatures out there food wouldn't be a huge problem.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Uh..... Follow the RULES!!!! Zombieland!! Don't forget the DOUBLE TAP!!!:noway:

And please for the love of god don't kill Bill Murray.

:drinker: here's to you Bill Murray!!!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Would yall be the community types (The Walking Dead) or loners (er...meryl from the walking dead)?
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I have enough guns and ammunition to arm my entire family ... oh and my husband's family ... probably the neighborhood too. We are all pretty good shots. Top story of the house, shots fire out the windows, bottom floor is barricaded, each zombie only needs one bullet .... Yea, we should be able to at least clear out the city.
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    World War Z taught me I should wrap my wrists & lower arms with magazines or cardboard 1st (zombie armor) & then I would get my guns out of the gun safe & load them all & get 2 blowin sum zombies away!!!

Ooh, forgot about wrapping up the limbs. Reminds me I need to stock up on duct tape. The duct tape could even be used as a barrier from the zombies. Trap them like bugs in a spider web.
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    I don't think I would be the hunkering down type, but it would be hard to stay on the go with kids. Most likely I would stick to the water as much as possible. There are some really nice houseboats at the lake and with fish, deer, ducks, geese and a plethora of other creatures out there food wouldn't be a huge problem.

I was saying to my husband the other day that if there was a zombie attack, our kids would probably get us killed. They make too much noise and aren't good at following orders. :laugh:
  • arghbowl
    Options
    Would yall be the community types (The Walking Dead) or loners (er...meryl from the walking dead)?

Loner. I don't want to die because of anyone else's stupidity.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options

I got all these too. I am not very good with my bow yet though, I should get to practicing.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options

Community. People I know though. I'd be one to be running to all my friends houses all over the neighborhood making sure they are okay and bringing them in.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm currently learning how to survive in the wilderness and working on a survival kit. With my current knowledge and skills the first thing I'd do is get my children. That's priority #1 and hopefully I'll get to them quick enough. After that I'd evaluate where I was and try and find somewhere to hide out. Typically rapist, thugs, bandits are going to take advantage of the situation thinking they'll make a few quick dollars before everyone is saved.

I do have guns, bows, knives, etc and would make sure to at least bring my pistol, shotgun, bow with a quiver of arrows, and knives. I'd like to get an authentic sword so I have more range but may have to wait for that. After the initial chaos dies down a little I'd gather information. I'd determine what was attacking and how, where were they going, what are they attracted to, and how do I kill them.

Next thing would be to find those I knew. I'd need someone to help watch my children when I had to gather food/hunt if possible. Wouldn't trust really anyone other than close friends/family so would try and see if they survived the initial onslaught. Depending on how that went and with the above information I gathered we'd either make a run for colder climates or an island. Typically the colder climates are more rural and you can go weeks, months, or even years in extreme northern regions without seeing signs of life.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Already got a bug-out bag packed and emergency food and water supplies in my apartment ready for almost any apocalyptic-type of situation. The river is a 15 min walk away, so if I need to GTFO it's close.

I'm not giving away anthing else - my advantages only :wink:

< <<< also has actual, Prepacked bug out bag.

I live in a city apartment on a high floor. It's fairly secure and well stocked. Would probably hole up here for the initial outbreak, then try to get to my brothers apartment a few blocks away (he's an archer)
    We'd pack what we could and head down the coast, to our parents. They have a boat.
    Then we would take the boat to a small tourist island west of our parents town.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

I couldn't get into World War Z. Bummer.

That movie was a farce. Read the book