21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good progressing Round 7!! Take care of your back! As you know that can be a "pain" !!

Round 6 - Day 2 (Wednesday)

Lunchtime walk with gal pals

GPS data = 3.80 miles / 6.115 km ** 58 min ** 3.7 pace ** 406 calories burned. (Same distance shaved off a couple of min)

Joined a mixed dart league....first night tonight.... fun activity & meet new people too!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 6 - Day 3 (Thursday)

Lunchtime walk with gal pals

GPS data = 6.16 km / 3.83 ** 59 min ** 3.8 pace **

another great walk... Enjoying the motivation and company of the gals!

:happy:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Doing wonderful! It's great that you're finding new activities, especially with the cold season coming up that tries to pin folks inside to avoid the raw cold weather. Keep up the fantastic work!

Round 7, day 7

More walking - 42 mins around campus and while on the job
    lots of cleaning - 5 hours today.

Miss the gym, but still don't dare try to workout for personal reasons. Can't wait until those barriers leave again!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 6 - Day 4 (Friday)

Walk about today.....45 min

Happy Friday, K !!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Yeah, it's Friday. Early morning for me, which I don't like. (If it's before noon, it's early for me. I function better later.)

Round 7, day 8

Work day, so here goes:
    50 min walking (1.62 mi),
    5.5 hours cleaning (had a cancellation, so got shorted 3 hours. Ugh!)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 6 - day 5 (Saturday - 21 Sep)

2+ hours walking about the city today ! Great day for walking about!!

Great walking and cleaning K! Must have been wicked calorie burn !

• kcaffee1
    Options
    The calorie burns on Fridays can get to rival the ones I pull in on my swimming days. Especially when I have all of my clients on board for the day. Recently, it's been a little lighter because a few have been down sick. Which has done its wonders for me, and now I am down sick. Have to find the masks, so I won't miss work (and the hours that make paychecks!) But, I don't want to risk kicking off worse than what I have. (Which is usually what I wind up doing) Going to be an interesting next coupe of weeks.

Round 7, day 9 (Sat)

30 mins walking eeked out of the day (Walking to/from the car/class) first acknowledged day with the mess I'm fighting off. Last day for this particular Saturday seminar, which is good.

Round 7 day 10 (Sun)
    Doing as little as possible. MIGHT get the umph up to get some laundry done, at this point, I'm not sure. Still feel weak as a new born kitten. Getting into bed is even a challenge.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 10

Update: Yeah, got the laundry through the washer/drier, but it's not getting folded today.
    Did a little weed eating (about 30 min worth)
    dug up a couple of really annoying cuckleburr sticker plants - probably not a wise idea, nose started running right after that. Now I have to catch the dumb thing.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    K... Hope you caught your nose!, Lol ... That made me chuckle!

Be sure to not overdo it...until you are feeling better!

Round 6 - day 6 (Sunday - 22 Sep)

4+ hours on the golf course today.... Walked the course - windy and muggy...I'm sure it helped my calorie burn!

Hope you have a great Monday!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Nope. Nose is STILL running away from me. Hopefully the new meds will let me catch it, and get it put back in place properly. Right now, the whole front of my head aches from sinus pressure. And the drainage from that is contributing to making the bronchitis worse. (Now I know why so many of my clients were calling to cancel! If they felt HALF as bad as I am, I don't blame them!)

Sounds like you had a fun time on the golf course. Agree - lots and lots of walking. And, you are toting the bag, which ups the burn as well. Go you!

Round 7 stalled for the moment - doctor's orders are for house bound for a couple of days and sleep. Going to try to be good and take this prescription. (Along with the pills I typically forget. Go figure)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    K... Take care of yourself.... Hope the pills / rest / sleep helps the healing!!

Feel better !

Round 6 - day 7 (Monday - 23 Sep)

Back to my lunchtime walk today... Gal pals along....

6.212 km - 3.86 miles in 59 min.... 3.8 pace...

Keepin keepin on! :happy:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Tazmac, going to be trying to ease back into the routine tomorrow. No gym, but at least class. Will depend on how miserable I feel once the alarm goes off. (If I even hear it.) Haven't been doing much today - reading when my eyes refuse to stay shut, and trying to drown this muck. So far, it's not working. I hate it with a passion when this grunge flares, because I turn so virulently contagious, and I feel like trampled sewage in the mean time.

Glad to see you are still trucking though. Doing great, so don't stop!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Still wasn't feeling up to tackling a full day of school yesterday, but felt a TON better last night. Tried hitting the schedule today, but only made it to noon (all work stuff) before I fell on my face. Spiked a fever, so am back on the side lines gnawing on knuckles because I DESPISE being sick, and being limited in what I can do. I know I need to rest, but I want to be out doing (and working) not stuck inside sitting and picking at homework.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hey K!!

I did it!! Today I received my Certificate in Adult Education!! Yay!!

Have some fitness updates since Monday...will do later on Sunday!

Really hoping you feel better soon!!!!!

T
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Congratulations! Big step it looks like in forwarding your career. Keep it going, because you are worth every minute of effort!

As for recovery - tried to get back in the swing of things Thursday, but fell flat. I hadn't run up a fever yet, so when it spiked on me Thursday I knew I wasn't through yet. But, that fever meant I was a whole lot closer to the recovery side of things!

Didn't do anything yesterday, and today took it easy, but tried to see about moving most of the day. Not too bad, in all accounts. Actually have something to move my round forward again. ::Grins:: I think I'm just down to coughing up the rest of my lungs that haven't come out yet. (You know how bronchitis is - you cough up your lungs while you are down, then you cough them out AGAIN when you are recovering just to be sure you don't have anything left to breath with!)

Round 7, day 11
    45 mins folding laundry cumulative, just had to do it in smaller spurts between coughing bouts.
    Does coughing count as exercise? If it does, then I can count about 8 hours cumulative for THAT too.

Edit - had to look up what day I was on, due to being stalled so long.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    K...thanks for your congrats!,

I think you can count your coughing! *smiles*. Goodness it sure has been hanging on! Hang in there!

Round 6 - day 8 (Tuesday - 24 Sep)

Lunchtime walk today

Round 6 - day 9 (Wednesday - 25 Sep)

TM walk 55 minutes
    Walk to local store 40 min

Pretty good as I was in a hotel for 3 days Wed/Thurs/Fri

Round 6 - day 10 (Thursday - 26 Sep)

32 min TM walk this morning

Round 6 - day 11 (Sunday - 29 Sep)

Washed, vacuumed, armour all and windows of 3 cars...almost 3 hours at it!!

Round 6 - day 12 (Monday - 30 Sep)

Lunchtime walk today - 60 min // 6.16 km // 3.7 pace

Keepin keepin on!

:bigsmile:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Wow, what a variety! I do understand about the cleaning being hard on the calories, but great for the activity! Congrats on keeping on the move, even when you were out on business!

Round 7, day 12

Trying to ease back into the groove. Plan on staying away from the gym this week, and focus on just getting through classes and my work schedule. I'll add the gym back next week, after I've had another week of "light" duty for recovery before diving back in the water and under the iron.

So, today I spent 45 minutes lugging my 30 (ish) pound school pack around campus. And, this doesn't include the 20 minutes or so I SWEAR I got in lab walking around and around the lab tables chasing down bits and pieces we needed for the lab. Guess my pedometer got whacked a couple of good ones, because I know how long I walked, but it isn't all recorded. (Though, the battery could be giving out too. Haven't chased that particular pest.. yet.)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 13

Back on my feet, and working hard!

2.5 hours cleaning (work)
    28 mins walking (Mostly work) for a total of .98 miles

Good day all in all. Now if I can just remember what the bed is for!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 14

Just a little lingering cough that sounds worse than it is, but it's not holding me back from diving back into the swing of things.

45 min total "walking", half of it carrying the 30 pound backpack.

Still not hitting the gym this week. Haven't been tired, but don't want to push it too hard just yet. Tomorrow and Friday will be the big tells on how I'm doing on recovery. Those are my longer work days with massive amounts of cleaning (and thus cleaning chemicals) to test my limits on. If all goes well, I think I may try to hit the pool on Sunday.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 15

I want to say halfway through this one, but that point passed a few days ago.

3.5 hours cleaning (work),
    22 mins or so walking (work),
    23 mins or so hauling my backpack around campus to/from class.
    15 mins burying my kitten (routine procedure gone wrong, no one knows why really.)

I HATE funeral detail, but I wasn't going to let her go to some crematorium to be just another number. She's sleeping in mom's rose garden now, and I hope she is having as much fun chasing the birds and other critters out there as she did trying to sneak into my bags so she could go with, no matter where it was I was going.