chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am the OP on this thread. I had no idea it would et this many comments.

I am happyy to report that at 122, my thighs don't rub when i walk or run. :drinker:

For me, it was never about how it looked. It was always around comfort.

Special thanks to my MFP friends who suggested compression shorts until I got to this point. I still run in compression shorts because that is what I have. However, next summer, new different running shorts
  • teachthal
    teachthal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Body glide will save your life! I love it!
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem and have black on my thighs where they rub ...will that black ever go away if i loose weight and they stop rubbing?????
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love to hear that "slap, slap, slap" when I'm walking. (Always wear dresses or skirts with heels and the strides you take with heels really gets that slappin' goin' so I hear it often). Ugh. Blech. Sad face.

Yes, THIS! ^^ As gorgeous as some shoes are, and as good as heels make my legs look, I can't wear them often due to bad ankles (fell off 5-inch platform boots and sprained both badly at the same time!!).

So when I do, I get sore thighs from this AND sore ankles and it's a nightmare.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I would rather have touch thighs because of my slender hips than a giant *kitten* because my hips are so wide.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    On topic though - it's been a very long time, I wouldn't have even been aware that it was a 'thing' to have a gap the last time I would've been small enough to have one!
    I do have quite wide hips though, so maybe that's something to look forward to. :laugh:
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have smallish hips and slim legs but I have never had a thigh gap - not even when I was 116 pounds at age 16! (I'm 5'1"). How to avoid the rub? Wear pants: Jeans, Trousers, Leggings Capris. Whatever. - and preferably natural fabrics. Skirts are overrated.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that will ever go away for me so I either wear compression shorts or use deodorant or body glide and it's not an issue.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I like that my developed adductors rub together when I walk.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    When I was 175 and size 12, my thighs rubbed together a fair bit. I'm now closer to 168, but a size 5/6 and the rubbing is much less.

Note I'm 6'1" if the weight throws you for a loop.

When I was 165 I had minimal to no rubbing. Was so nice to wear a dress without thigh slap! Lol
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I was 175 and size 12, my thighs rubbed together a fair bit. I'm now closer to 168, but a size 5/6 and the rubbing is much less.

Note I'm 6'1" if the weight throws you for a loop.

When I was 165 I had minimal to no rubbing. Was so nice to wear a dress without thigh slap! Lol

166 here with BIG thighs (pear shaped girl) and fairly wide-set hips... No rubbing. Probably started to go away about 10lbs ago.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm knock kneed, so they'll always touch. But it's a little less when I'm around 175. I wear skinny jeans to help combat it too lol Hold everything in a little better.
  • lalalalinzy
    lalalalinzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, for the time being, BABY POWDER!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't have a thigh gap or chub rub. If I stand with my feet together, I have half a thigh gap (i.e. between my knees and upper thighs), and maybe at a lower body fat percentage I might get a whole thigh gap, but for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with thighs, I don't want to go below 22% body fat. I'm not sure if the upper non-gap is due to the shape of my quadriceps muscles, or because of fat at the top, but a) I want my quads to get bigger, not smaller and b) I want to keep the thigh/saddlebag chub because I have a mahoosive rib cage and really broad shoulders, so thigh/saddlebag chub + bigger glutes + bigger quads (especially upper quads) balances that out. So no thigh gap for me! It's actually a non-priority in my life, I'm just providing the above info to illustrate that people vary in bone structure, muscle shape and how the muscles attach to the bones and how fat is distributed on the body, so it's not a good idea to try to attain things like thigh gaps, rather it's something that will happen if it's going to when you're at a healthy body fat percentage, or if it doesn't happen when you're at a healthy body fat percentage, then it's because of your bone structure etc. So it's really, truly not something that's worth getting upset about, nor is it right to judge whether someone's overweight or not based on it.

Re chub rub, this goes away when your thighs no longer touch, or they only very lightly touch, when your feet are the same distance apart as they are when you walk. No-one's ankles and knees touch while walking, so you don't need a thigh gap to not have chub rub. If you still have chub rub at a healthy body fat percentage, then you can wear shorts under skirts or get that stuff that prevents friction.

So basically, aim to maintain a healthy body fat percentage, and let everything else fall where it will according to your genetics.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I wear thighs, cut off above the knees and wear them under my dresses in summer.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have smallish hips and slim legs but I have never had a thigh gap - not even when I was 116 pounds at age 16! (I'm 5'1"). How to avoid the rub? Wear pants: Jeans, Trousers, Leggings Capris. Whatever. - and preferably natural fabrics. Skirts are overrated.

Kedasmum is my sister but I got the breeder hips. Always had a thigh gap even when I was at my heaviest.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    About the same for you, OP. Mine's about gone, at 5'0 and 112 lbs.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I would rather have touch thighs because of my slender hips than a giant *kitten* because my hips are so wide.

:frown: No giant *kitten*...just a broad beam.
    Made for wonderfully easy births.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options

:frown: No giant *kitten*...just a broad beam.
    Made for wonderfully easy births.

LOL! I quite like my hips and *kitten* to be honest. And so does my husband :wink:
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2.5 and like many others have never had a thigh gap even at my lowest weight 57kg 125lb at age 16. Not sure its possible for me. I was very active at that age and have more burny painful memories from then than I do at higher weights due to being less active.

Normal stockings could probably set me on fire... Lol. I wear 3/4 tights under skirts all the time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!