Sugar is scary..

Options
xoTalim
xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
I'm watching a documentary about the effects of sugar on the body. I never knew it was this bad. Dear lord. Fructose apparently messes with your brain so that it won't send messages to your body that you're full. So you'll keep eating because your brain thinks you're still hungry. This is terrifying. Why isn't there more public knowledge about this? ****ing sugar companies being just as secretive as the tobacco companies. Gosh.

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm watching a documentary about the effects of sugar on the body. I never knew it was this bad. Dear lord. Fructose apparently messes with your brain so that it won't send messages to your body that you're full. So you'll keep eating because your brain thinks you're still hungry. This is terrifying. Why isn't there more public knowledge about this? ****ing sugar companies being just as secretive as the tobacco companies. Gosh.

Be chill. Wait for a documentary that explains that your brain can only use sugar as fuel and you'll die without your brain.

Then it'll all balance out. :p
  • xoTalim
    Options

Be chill. Wait for a documentary that explains that your brain can only use sugar as fuel and you'll die without your brain.

Ugh...it's just so bad, I can't. I'm so scared.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

I certainly hope you're kidding.:huh: If not google Alan Aragon and see his stance on it. You'll feel better and see this for the nonsensical scaremongering that it is. This conversation already happened on tonight this thread here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1111202-cbc-tv-tonight-toxic-sugar
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

I apologize for being dense but - is this an ironic thread, or are you actually serious?

I honestly can't tell.
  • xoTalim
    Options

I apologize for being dense but - is this an ironic thread, or are you actually serious?

I honestly can't tell.
    I'm serious. It's just scary to think about. :\ Forget it. I'm clearly dumb. I'll shut up and let this thread die now okay thanks.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Propaganda.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    cause ITS NOT TRUE
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The human body literally makes sugar out of the stuff we eat. Quite a bit of it, in fact. If sugar really was a "poison", we'd all be dead by now.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I used to think so too...Its not...my skippy peanut butter and honey told me so
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

I honestly can't tell.
    I'm serious. It's just scary to think about. :\ Forget it. I'm clearly dumb. I'll shut up and let this thread die now okay thanks.
    You're not dumb, but you can't blindly accept every documentary on CBC as the unvarnished truth. Use some critical thinking and go to other sources before you take anything so seriously. Here's the link I was talking about: http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/02/19/a-retrospective-of-the-fructose-alarmism-debate/
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    cant believe everything you watch.
  • xoTalim
    Options
    I just don't know what to think. :\ I mean I know sugars in fruit are good but like, the high fructose corn syrup stuff? Idk man. :c It's hard to know with all these different sources saying different things.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    go do some research :) google is awesome at explaining a lot of things and getting more than one biased opinion
  • xoTalim
    Options

I honestly can't tell.
    You're not dumb, but you can't blindly accept every documentary on CBC as the unvarnished truth. Use some critical thinking and go to other sources before you take anything so seriously. Here's the link I was talking about: http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/02/19/a-retrospective-of-the-fructose-alarmism-debate/
    Thanks. Bookmarked that page to read at a later time. I would now but it's late and I'm sleepy. :c
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Options
    The word is sllllllloooooowly getting out. YEAH!

Feel free to join our group, the Skinny on Obesity... spreading the word of Dr. Lustig who pioneered educating us all on the dangers of sugar!!!!!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Options

I honestly can't tell.
    Thanks. Bookmarked that page to read at a later time. I would now but it's late and I'm sleepy. :c
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Options
    Watch the video, Sugar the Bitter Truth..
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Watch the video, Sugar the Bitter Truth..

But is the opposite of sweet sour? Maybe it should be Sugar, the Sour Truth.