A confession to the MFP Police

Options

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened. I dont think of MFP as a place to find a date ,,, never occurred to me that would be found here. I'm glad you are ok and used wise judgment :)
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is great! I do most of the things on the list and I've had success. Lol
  • Amandakd84
    Amandakd84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for posting!:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Maybe MFP should post a poster beware at the top of the forums so newbies will know to tread lightly. Anyway, Congrats OP on your success and I love this supportive post.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe they should also add a disclaimer about the internet being full of various opinions delivered in various methods of supposed tone....oh, and pressing the handy red X at the top right if you start taking things so personally you get butthurt and continue to hold on to said butthurt. :bigsmile:

Ctrl+W
  • nikkimcfadden
    nikkimcfadden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My confession is that I can do really well until I drink wine. I say only 1 glass but damn it tastes so good and then way too much. I'm work in progress. :laugh:
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think I love you for this post!! :heart:

Oh I want to add my confession -

I wait until the end of the day when I know I'm not going to eat anything else - then I work out how many squares of chocolate I could eat with the remaining calories I have left and sometimes .... just sometimes, I eat that chocolate goddammit! :happy:

I love it. Somedays I do this too. :-)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Why talk badly about people and give negative feedback because you know something that they don't?

Or think they do, anyway--

Congrats on your success.

Enjoyable post.
  • newatbritt
    newatbritt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It was a rough day for me today (again) and I needed to hear this. Thank you so much.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It's not the help that most resent...it's their tone. I've been called stupid more here in the last two days than ever in my life. Starting to wonder how I ever became valedictorian of my class.

Agreed...and with that...let the firestorm of 'you can't handle the truth' begin.......
    tumblr_mg7xjzwnhQ1rzhyyio4_250.gif
  • ScruffyMuscle
    ScruffyMuscle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If your weight is going down and you're dieting successfully overall, I don't think there's anything to "confess" ;)

I believe in going with what works, everyone is different. I am somewhat similar to the OP that I don't log everything (I.e. bits of milk in my coffee), some days I just say "fook it" if I end up eating out and have no idea what the calories were and just get back on track the rest of the week. Though some of this is because I had a tendency in the past to get very fixated on numbers to the point where I would get anxiety attacks about numbers and would freak out at someone offering me so much as a piece of chocolate. But I've found MFP to be a good tool to have a general idea of how I'm doing, knowing when I've hit a limit, knowing generally how I can improve my diet.)

But others will thrive on structure and accuracy, log it ALL in and find that it's the way to go. Which is fine, too.

Again, whatever works!
  • pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    they say alittle bit of what u fancy does u good, as long as ur good a lot of the time!!!!!xxx
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I need to confess. Here is a list of rules that I have broken:

1. I do not log every single little thing that goes into my stomach. I have a little creamer in my coffee every morning.... I don't log the coffee or the creamer. I also have a jar of sugar free hard candies on my desk..... I eat probably 6 of those a day. Oh, and I just had a chocolate and I have no intention on logging that either.

2. I did not even know or understand what TDEE was until I googled it a couple months ago. Now I get it and I still have no intention on using it.

3. Some days I do not eat my exercise calories back.

4. Some days I am in starvation mode. Sometimes this will last for more than a day.

5. I do not drink enough water. I am lucky if I make it to 6 cups in a day.

6. I do not use a HRM. I use the calories burned MFP says. If I am on a treadmill, I will use that amount. Occasionally I will get curious and google "calories burned
    " just to see what that says.

7. I do not weigh or measure my food. I never have. I follow the hand guidelines that I have seen and heard many times.

8. Some weeks I only weigh myself once, some weeks I will weigh myself 7 times. Sometimes I weigh myself more than once in a single day. It depends on how obsessive I am and wether or not I weighed myself and shortly before I had a good poop. Honestly, you can loose a whole pound just by going to the bathroom somedays.

9. There are weeks when I am lazy all week and the only thing that will make me happy are pop tarts. 400 calories of toaster pastry goodness. And on those days, I do not log my pop tarts because I do not want to see what I did.

10. I used to be fat..... just like you.

So there it is, folks. My confessions. Beat me up all you want. I am a MFP sinner.

Seriously though, I get on here everyday and I see people getting beat up on by the MFP police. Almost everyone on here started on here because they were overweight and needed/wanted to get healthy. It is great that so many people have lost weight and changed their lives through exercise, diet and education. You would not have started MFP if you were already an expert. See, if you were you would not have been overweight and unhealthy in the first place, right? Obviously, there are people on here who want the quick fix and the instant gratification. They are not going to be successful until they are ready to put in the hard work. I'm not going to lie, I did atkins. It worked.... until I stopped and gained all of the weight back.

Now me, I am against supplements, netting less than 1200, eating improperly all that nonsense. But, I do it sometimes myself (minus the supplements). I have gotten BELOW my goal weight and have broken the rules sometimes. Has it taken me a little longer since I have broken rules? Absolutely. But I still lost the weight. And I am still a success

Since we are all on this "journey" together, before you go juding people and calling them out for not being educated, remember you were uneducated about all of this once too. That's why you are here.

The point I am trying to make is why beat people up all of the time? Why talk badly about people and give negative feedback because you know something that they don't? Why not just be supportive or ignore? People are going to use supplements and not eat enough calories and not log everything. This site is supposed to be supportive, helpful and educational. Not full of a bunch of bullies. Haha I lost a 100 pounds and you are having trouble so let me be mean. Really? I know my ticker shows that I started this overweight. I am pretty sure most everyone else's does too.

Congrats you lost weight. I lost 36 pounds. I am not better than anyone else. I am just a fat girl living in a skinny world right now. And I would really love a jelly donut. Or some pop tarts.

Fantastic post! Congrats on the weight loss and great attitude!!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ifl
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    wow i just saw that post. i do that stuff too. and im losing 2 pounds a week.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Thank God I am not the only one with their hand in the cheeto bag and not logging it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post OP! Great reminder that not all days need to be perfect all the time in order to lose the weight. It's easy to get caught up and obsessed with all of the "rules" and what's good, what's not. It's enough to make your head spin!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Never confess!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i didn't join the site because i was overweight. however i was at my heighest weight which was sitll healthy for my size but on me was starting to look a little chunky monkey (i say that as i am eating a whole bag of trail mix right now. and i'll prolly only log half of it).

well said though. but it is the internet and there are always bullys. but a site like this should definitely offer support. i also joined to track my protein and other nutrients so i wouldn't get sick again.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I log everything i eat ( that includes Doritos and Crujitos , a Jalapeño and Cheese snack ), don't take cheat days and about ten minutes ago I logged a 7.5 pound loss. I am obviously doing something wrong.
    Or wait, is it maybe that we all need to figure out what works for us and not make such a big deal about it ?
    I also try to be supportive ( I count polite constructive criticism as support ) and when I can't, I shut up. I think it's a good way to do things and one I highly recommend.