Guns

Options

Replies

• LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    BJp9yDS.jpg

Yes yes and yes
    guns dont kill people, people kill people.
    if guns kill people then, cars make people drive drunk, pencils misspell words, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

!!!!!!

Guns are awesome!!! I want to own one, Money is just an issue ATM.

I'm more worried about the US government controlling guns vs criminals having guns.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Yes yes and yes
    guns dont kill people, people kill people.
    if guns kill people then, cars make people drive drunk, pencils misspell words, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

!!!!!!

Guns are awesome!!! I want to own one, Money is just an issue ATM.

I'm more worried about the US government controlling guns vs criminals having guns.

i hear you. the best thing is we have a constitutional right as Americans to own guns and defend ourselves. the sad thing is all the gov has to do is make it harder and more expensive to get ammo and guns. or just ammo, with out that theres really no point of a gun. they are trying to take guns away from law abiding people which wont do a whole lot of good for the law breakers.
    "yes hello officer i sell drugs and i carry this illegal gun to murder people who double cross me, but sense everyone else cant have guns, ill just go ahead and give this to you. have a lovely day"
    ^never going to happen
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    i hear you. the best thing is we have a constitutional right as Americans to own guns and defend ourselves. the sad thing is all the gov has to do is make it harder and more expensive to get ammo and guns. or just ammo, with out that theres really no point of a gun. they are trying to take guns away from law abiding people which wont do a whole lot of good for the law breakers.
    "yes hello officer i sell drugs and i carry this illegal gun to murder people who double cross me, but sense everyone else cant have guns, ill just go ahead and give this to you. have a lovely day"
    ^never going to happen

But if you own a gun, aww hell nawwww. You're a murderer! You support mass shootings..or whatever bull**** they like to spread.
  • DaveGrows
    DaveGrows Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My rights "shall not be infringed" upon by public opinion or a tyrannical government. I'm surprised an Aussie doesn't carry with EVERYTHING that could kill you there lol
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    ^never going to happen

But if you own a gun, aww hell nawwww. You're a murderer! You support mass shootings..or whatever bull**** they like to spread.

sadly thats just right. ignorance is what it comes down to.
    personally im clearly not a murderer sense im not writing this from prison. but i own guns, and live in the middle of nowhere and my husband is often gone for work and best believe if someone broke into this house at night they would be sorry.
    i have even been told by sheriffs that it is better to shoot to kill rather then go to trial with a live victim, thats sad when the law that is supposed to protect you, often screws you over and protects your attacker...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I live in Montana and have guns. We hunt and eat our food and we use them for self-protection in our homes. We don't get a lot of break-ins because everyone has guns. I love target practice and shoot guns for fun. I think everyone should know how to use a gun. When stuff gets even stranger in the U.S., believe me, you will want a gun for your own protection from the tyranny of authority as well as to kill your own food. And, protecting myself from wild animals, albeit a smaller issue, is quite legit in my neck of the woods. I agree with the ammo arguments about the government trying to make it harder to obtain ammo or re load your own bullets. I think half of the gun issues we see in the media are staged by the government. Yep, I'm one of those! I'd rather be a survivalist and be wrong then follow blindly and be wrong.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    I'm more scared of dogs than humans anyway.. I wouldn't want to shoot one though! Guess if it's after me I might.

Oh you haven't heard of the new trend? Pit bulls ARE the new "gun"...

de7ee0b7556e4742ad1771fce2c47f9c.jpg
    8cc47f62090db2181a3999d9d3b88d6d.jpg

just like guns dont go out and shoot up a mall full of innocent children, pitbulls just like every other breed of dog arent born mean, arent born fighters. pitbulls are one of the most loyal breed there is and they fight because their owners make them!
    pitbulls in a dog fight ring can be torn up, bleeding and ready to die but if their master is cheering them on they wag their tails, why? because all they want is the love and affection of their owner. and that is all i will say, im more scared of ignorant people then they are of my pit bulls.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Before I got my first gun, my German Shepherd chased a man out of my window. I'm so grateful for my dog... I just have to wonder what would've happened had this burglar been carrying a gun and shot my dog?

Hans:
    Hans_zps6f8400c0.jpg
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Fitness website

Expected "Guns" thread to be about muscular arms...
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have lots of guns and have been shooting since I was about 6 years old. Guns should be respected but not feared......unless your trying to break into my house. In all seriousness, when I first got married, my wife was scared to death of my guns when I would get them out to clean them. She was never exposed to them. The last year or two, she has been asking me to teach her to shoot. People fear what they don't know about.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, flame war averted. I am impress.

I don't have any sort of a dog in this fight, but if anyone wants some actual numbers and statistics about firearm-related injuries in the US with a minimum of partisan bs, 5 minutes of google led me to this:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/ficap/resourcebook/pdf/monograph.pdf

I'm very surprised that literally nobody has brought up firearm suicides, which outnumber any other gun-related fatalities.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    People ask why i own a gun........because i hunt and protect my family...

without the 2nd Amendment, we wouldn't have the 1st...

and because George Washington didn't debate the British, he shot them...
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    two weekends ago, i passed by a guy walking with his girlfriend/wife at the mall and he had a holstered 9mm in open view. he did not look like an off-duty cop to me either. it didn't bother me at all. we have open carry here in El Paso county. :)

I'm still trying to figure out what "an off-duty cop" is supposed to look like???????????

I'm pretty sure what they mean is that an off-duty copy may still have some cuffs, a badge, or other indication that he is a cop, not a guy just carrying a gun, albeit legally.

it's a look. how their hair is cut. how the carry themselves. mannerisms. all sorts of stuff like that. it's part of their job and training and carries over when they are not on duty, but out in public. it's not a big deal to see an off duty cop carrying. it's also becoming a sort of political statement for civilians to start open carrying here too, which i am in complete agreement with as a response to those horrible gun laws pushed down our throats, funded by out of state money, without debate or input from the citizenry. in fact, two of the state senators responsible for these laws were just recalled for being arrogant and contemptuous of their constituents and caring more about what the mayor of NYC wanted to see passed into law in CO that the actual citizens of CO. those laws are really and truly outrageous... so much so, that the sheriff of El Paso County has refused to enforce them here. i support the sheriff and i support law abiding citizens right to own and carry firearms. anyway, i just sized up the guy when i saw him and concluded he was most likely a private citizen and not an off duty cop based on how he looked. *shrugs*

That's funny cause in our house my hubby is the military member but everybody we meet think the member is me because he do's not look the part at all.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    every american should own a gun just to protect our 2nd amendment, but with that in mind we allow the government to take away rights every day (TSA, NSA violation of our rights).

The purpose of the right to bear arms isnt to protect us from criminals it's another check and balance to prevent the government from becoming too powerful so it's always a government "for the people, by the people."
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Suns out guns out...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My rights "shall not be infringed" upon by public opinion or a tyrannical government. I'm surprised an Aussie doesn't carry with EVERYTHING that could kill you there lol
    I think a gun may be a little excessive for spiders and scorpions :laugh:
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of guns. Most people carrying a gun have no intention of actually using it in public, but for their own personal protection.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You need a permit to carry a weapon. And I believe there are more non gun owners than there are gun owners, but that may also depend on the area you are from

You need a permit to carry a pistol. You do not need a permit to carry a shotgun or rifle....and I would check your facts

The above is both true & false.. Outside of US Government property, firearms possession and carry laws are the province of each state's legislature. In some states no permit is needed to carry a handgun either concealed or openly. In others permits are required for either/both. In some locals even ammunition possession is regulated/permitted ...

Some states allow the possession of fully automatic weapons and or silencers/suppressors,, with the appropriate US Government paperwork.

It's the responsibility of the firearm owner to know and follow the applicable state and federal laws in his/her location.
    All that said, firearms are inanimate objects w/no capability to cause harm on their own. Just like a car, hammer, fork, book, knife, machete or baseball bat they can be used for good or evil but people must be the ones deploying them.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    They can make you feel safe knowing if something were to happen you would have the ability to defend yourself. It's the ones that are not legal that you have to worry about.