NO CANDY-Halloween 2013 pact?!? Anyone?

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    lets say... October 15th tillllllll November 5th? thatll be three weeks, no CANDY! of any kind!!! (Chewing Gum doesnt count lol)

No problem - that stuff's got a long shelf life. I will stow away the good stuff until after November 5th, and then enjoy it while the kids are at school.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    MFP=My Forbidden Food Pal

The second F is silent.....and invisible

Aw man! I knew I was getting sucked in to some strange cult! They should disclose that stuff. :tongue:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'll jump in ....... just in the nick of time, too, cuz I noticed I've been dipping into the chocolate & Nerds & licorice .......

Last year I totally avoided the candy bowl at work, as well as the cookies, chips, etc ......... let's see if I can do it again this year :drinker:

Good to know the internet stopped you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    worst........idea.........ever.........
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I would, but i just had a guy send me this pic of nut filled junk. So i can't right now.

08d337622f7111e38fec22000aeb222c_7.jpg
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I think a more appropiate challenge is on 10/31, everyone make a pact to only eat their calorie allowance completely in Candy for the day. Who is gonna start the thread?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nope, candy corn mixed with peanuts is one of my favorites!

hhhhmmm...salted or plain peanuts??? :love:

OP - I guess this means count me out! :flowerforyou:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

UGH! Candy Corn is an abomination.

Agreed...

candycorn.jpg
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

UGH! Candy Corn is an abomination.

Agreed...

candycorn.jpg

And who says candy corn isn't "all natural"...
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Noooo!!!

What will I do with all of my kids' Almond Joys that they won't eat?!?!

I do have to stay away from the candy corn. I can eat that stuff til I'm sick...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    What craziness is this! No way! I had an army of kids for this reason alone!
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Heck NO!!
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. I'm eating candy in a reasonable way when I want to. When you make it off limits, you set yourself up for failure.

Its not ridiculous lol. i randomly eat candy when ever i feel the inkling... i log EVERYTHING i eat... take a look at my last saturday diary if you dont believe me lol... sushi binge like woah!!

like i said... im not a big candy person anyways, salty snacks are more my kryptonite... BUT with the Halloween season approaching, a little NO CANDY challenge will be helpful to me.. since its freakin EVERYWHERE!!!

WELCOME ABOARD to those who wish to join me.. ADD ME!! <3

To those who dont.. thats cool... im not swearing off sweets all together... just CANDY. hard, soft, chocolate or non... no candy from October 15 - November 5th.

to those of you who have children... i wish you all the luck in the world lmao.
  • Naener
    Options
    I'm in! I have a candy corn addiction, LOL, and have sworn off it until 10/31 this year, and I'm not buying it when it goes on sale after Halloween either! :)

this is why Im making it the dates i chose haha... NEXT WEEK IS WHEN IT STARTS PEOPLE!!
    and its going until November 5th to help those of us participating to avoid all the AFTER HALLOWEEN left overs!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Last year was HORRIBLE. I ate so much. I'm pretty sure every time a trick or treater would come to the door I'd leave with a piece in my hand that I ate...probable a half bag or something! I'm in.

I solemnly swear I will not eat ANY Halloween candy this year!
  • Naener
    Options
    Feel free to give me all your extra candy. I will find a way to fit it into my calorie and macro targets

lol you pay shipping and its yours >=D
  • Naener
    Options
    Yay!! haha Im glad to see a few people that are down... Ill randomly bump this thread to see how people are doing!!
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes to the candy.......No to Halloween. Deal?
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What about caramel apples?
    They don't count as candy if you eat the apple right?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    nope.gif