NO CANDY-Halloween 2013 pact?!? Anyone?

Options

Replies

• anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No way! I plan on eating candy for dinner on Halloween. I will log every piece, stay within my calorie allotment AND enjoy my snickers and milky ways.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A+'s all around for honesty...lol

BUTTTTT, some of you guys sound like im asking for your first born child lol. im not saying i wont have any here or there before or after the challenge.... however... everyone over does it in the time between the week of halloween until at least a week after...

What if i changed it to two weeks? Oct 22 - Nov 5th?

Or what if you changed it to 10/27 to 10/30? Halloween *is* Candy Day. And our family has a tradition of buying half-priced candy on 11/1. (We do the same on 2/15 and Easter Monday.)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my favorite and I'm having a big Halloween party. I plan on enjoying it and not feeling guilty about it. Incorporating some Halloween candy into my life is realistic for me!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love my DOTS and Peanut Butter Cups too much, however I will be getting all 4 impacted wisdom teeth out Halloween morning =/......so candy smoothies for me...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    We give out these to the kids, most of them get really excited they are getting a cookie.

oatmeal-creme-pies-300x300.jpg

If we have any left at the end of trick-or-treating we ration them over the next week or so. If we have a LOT left we'll bring a bunch into work.
  • DebBee83
    Options
    I am willing to forgo candy on Halloween. :wink: Even though I :heart: candy!
  • colleenreid4
    colleenreid4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I don't eat much candy, but those silly little halloween candies ALWAYS get me!! Why not just one, I say to myself - NO halloween candy this year! Love it!
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options

BUTTTTT, some of you guys sound like im asking for your first born child lol. im not saying i wont have any here or there before or after the challenge.... however... everyone over does it in the time between the week of halloween until at least a week after...

Or what if you changed it to 10/27 to 10/30? Halloween *is* Candy Day. And our family has a tradition of buying half-priced candy on 11/1. (We do the same on 2/15 and Easter Monday.)

LOL but the point of making it until the first weekend in november is over... is to keep participants from going crazy on the left overs... and when everyone brings in left over candy to WORK, and the kids bring it home from SCHOOL and all the stores sell it for 50-75% off....lol

AND i agree on the candy corn bit... that **** is NASTY. I agree with George Carlin on it.... "EVERY year i think... OOH! Candy corn!! and like a F**KIN' alzheimers patient i try it again!!!" GROSS lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    We give out these to the kids, most of them get really excited they are getting a cookie.

oatmeal-creme-pies-300x300.jpg

If we have any left at the end of trick-or-treating we ration them over the next week or so. If we have a LOT left we'll bring a bunch into work.

I hate those things!! :laugh:

I have to admit that I did like them when I was a little kid.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

LOL but the point of making it until the first weekend in november is over... is to keep participants from going crazy on the left overs... and when everyone brings in left over candy to WORK, and the kids bring it home from SCHOOL and all the stores sell it for 50-75% off....lol

AND i agree on the candy corn bit... that **** is NASTY. I agree with George Carlin on it.... "EVERY year i think... OOH! Candy corn!! and like a F**KIN' alzheimers patient i try it again!!!" GROSS lol

Oh, I see. So this challenge is for people who can't moderate their candy intake?

I love a bargain, especially if it's something I love like chocolate. Anytime I can get half-price or better chocolate, I will stock up. But we don't gorge ourselves on it at our house. I also stash extra bags sometimes to be the "hero" and bring them out when everyone thought all the candy was actually gone!
  • gina42801
    Options
    I'm in - since we CAN have gum =)
    Not sure what I would do w/o gum!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Are chocolate chips considered candy?

Of course I went to Ghiradellis yesterday, and thought I would just get some morsels for cookies and my friend said chocolate morsels were candy - maybe, but I think once it becomes part of a cookie they are no longer considered candy!

I decided to collect all the candy I get and would have eaten during this challenge, I might be surprised by the amount and shocked into action to give it all up . . . Except the chocolate chips!!!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yeah right. My wife and I can't wait to tax our kids for the Reeses Peanut Butter Pumpkins.
  • imakeyoukneel
    imakeyoukneel Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    No way I want my candy!! Can I have yours too? Though in all seriousness I usually take mine to Saint Judes :)
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Count me in those little candy bars at the devil they add up real quick!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

devil_candy_redbackground-01.png
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I...Just.....Can't......:sad: :sad: :sad: I....tried......gotta....have....skittles....:love::love:

skittles.jpg

my life would be pointless without skittles. i hid a pack in my glove box and forgot they were there, then found them last friday... it was like the birth of a child... a glorious moment!
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

devil_candy_redbackground-01.png

Hahaha! Lol :laugh:
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've been good thus far!!! Yeah!!! There's candy EVERYWHERE at my work!
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie and say that I won't partake in some candy eating this season....