chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I can't remember exactly, but now my thighs don't rub together at all when I'm walking, which is great.

I used to shout at people for aspiring to have a thigh gap, and I've ended up with one myself, haha. BUT it isn't something to aspire to. Some people can still be overweight and have a gap, and others will have to go a stone UNDERWEIGHT to ever come close.. it depends on your shape, and often you'll never know whether you'll have one or not until you get there.
  • girlinagirdle
    girlinagirdle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    They day I realised I wasn't the only girl who suffered from chub rub (when bigger and smaller) was one of the happiest days of my life. Seriously. When I was 15 it was my secret shame. I thought I was the only person in the world that had it. Reading posts like all of yours makes me happy because I think whatever our shape, or size, or reason for being here we're all in it together.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 113lbs and although I don't get the annoying chaffing anymore, my thighs still touch at the top. I'm trying for the thigh gap but only because the rest of my legs are looking pretty good and strong but the fat left at the top looks odd and bumpy now. Keep working out and toning and you'll get rid of the chub rub eventually but I don't think everyone is built to be able to have a thigh gap.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I noticed it about 145-150. With dresses I had sweaty clingy thighs. In jeans, the inseam of my pants would rub and make a "sshhh" sound. Sometimes I would be walking through the office and the inseam would catch against each other and make a little "sssshhhh-pop" sound. That was embarrassing, one of my coworkers thought I farted at his desk one day. But at 145 or so, I noticed it didn't happen anymore. But I don't think I will ever have a true thigh gap, just less flab to rub there.
  • Justsimply67
    Options
    Man I did a 5K and I thought I was gonna start a fire with those bishes! LOL I don't know, but I'd really not like to have my thighs looks like I have hickies after running!

LLOL...can so relate. Well mine looked and felt liked bruises after a long run. I didn't really have problems with simply wearing a dress until after I gained a lot of weight. I've lost a total of 19 lbs between Weight Watchers and MFP. I'm at 180 (5'6) and I still get rubbing sound in pants and sweaty thighs...but it's getting better.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always rubbed, it was worse when I was heavier and it used to wear holes in my pants and doesn't anymore, so I suppose that's a plus. I'm 5'4" and weighed around 160-180 all through middle school, high school and college, then I had my daughter and went up to 245 lbs. Now I'm 149 and I don't expect my thighs to ever not touch, but hopefully it will continue to get better.
  • jenslife82
    Options
    I'm so behind. I didn't know "thigh gap" was a thing until now... but seeing the pics It almost looks unhealthy unless you are blessed with the genes for it. Good luck and be healthy!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I too know about this thigh gap thingy recently. Irony is, I read Japanese Manga and the female almost always have thigh gaps. Then again, remember Japanese girls have always been obsess with staying thin...

At 172cm and pear shape, I have natural thigh gap. I'm skinny fat (30%!!) but the gap is still obvious.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    What whyyy? Do you wanna put something in there?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    What whyyy? Do you wanna put something in there?
    Maybe.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I don't remember chub rub ever being a problem even at 5'2.5" and my heaviest 189.

Guess it is a genetic thing?
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a thigh gap, so why exactly do people make a big deal.
    I wish and by th looks of it will have one if I loose 50-60lbs and i'm hoping this finally stops the cub rub since I get mad burns an scars everywhere and having my jeans last longer than a year XD
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The thigh gap is something not everyone gets. It can be a dangerous thing to work towards as a goal. Just understand some bodies can not achieve it some can. Don't try becoming unhealthy skinny just to have it.
    For the rub try friction stick, gold bond has some and most athletic stores carry it. It does wonders on my runs and workouts
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a thigh gap, so why exactly do people make a big deal.
    I wish and by th looks of it will have one if I loose 50-60lbs and i'm hoping this finally stops the cub rub since I get mad burns an scars everywhere and having my jeans last longer than a year XD
    Because it's a lot like wanting to be taller. You can wish all you want, but if your genetics say no then there's just no way.

Now imagine if there was a group of people who insist you can get taller by doing x number of x exercises. See how silly that sounds?
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Def goes away at 5'3" 122lbs. For sure.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This thread takes me back.....I remember my first weight watchers class. The lady asked me what my goal was, and I said "to have my thighs not rub" she just looked at me as if I was mad!!! lol.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lol you couldn't have used a worse example. Yeah people do want to get taller and you know what they do to become taller?
    puberty,heels, lifts,going into space, and surgery. Being taller can be achieved if not mimicked.
    What I am saying is what is so morally wrong with wanting a gap? How is it any different from someone saying I want bigger boobs,whiter straighter teeth,smaller nose,perky boobs,scars removed smaller waist,etc,etc. All the things I mentioned are naturally unattainable because that's just how your body isn't meant to be.

Legs play a big part in beauty in society, so if a person wants to have or try to attain the dream legs they have it's wrong but they can do the same for any other parts? Like I keep telling some of you don't have to be skinny to have thigh gaps, yes I clearly know it's down to genetics for a lot of people they do have the wide hips to achieve it, just too much fat. If they want to try to see if they can let them, if not they still have a killer body. I don't see people like u who waste time bashing other peoples opinion on beauty. If someone wants to do something with your body, let them it's not yours and you have no right t tell them they shouldn't.
    It's not a crime to think legs with a gap are better looking than legs without. Like in my previous post there are any reasons for why people just don't want there thighs to rum. Also note even Beyonce has a thigh gap, let it go and live your ife.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i'm an apple shape and i reckon my legs are bandy, but my legs rub at about 160lbs and im 5 ft 6.. but at like 133lbs there is a massive gap
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I bought some compression shorts stops chafing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!