what kinda workouts do supermodels do?

Options

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    WOW ITS GREAT THAT WE ALL BELIEVE WE CAN JUDGE THE HEALTH OF SOMEONE BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN SOME PICTURES ON THE INTERNET OF THEM
    LIKE REALLY
    WHAT PUTS YOU GUYS IN THE POSITION TO SAY A SUPER MODEL'S WORKOUT ROUTINE CONSISTS OF STARVATION AND DRUGS
    YOU DON'T KNOW THEM
    PLEASE STOP THINKING YOU KNOW SOMEONE BECAUSE OF AN ARTICLE YOU SAW ABOUT THEM

DAMN

Leave Huntington-Whiteley alone!

hqdefault.jpg
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW ITS GREAT THAT WE ALL BELIEVE WE CAN JUDGE THE HEALTH OF SOMEONE BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN SOME PICTURES ON THE INTERNET OF THEM
    LIKE REALLY
    WHAT PUTS YOU GUYS IN THE POSITION TO SAY A SUPER MODEL'S WORKOUT ROUTINE CONSISTS OF STARVATION AND DRUGS
    YOU DON'T KNOW THEM

DAMN

Hi Derek. Frankie says relax.

It is well-documented that there is an unfortunately high incidence of substance abuse among fashion models. Further, one but need look upon their form to observe an unnaturally low weight relative to height, in a manner that suggests self abuse.

Finally, what puts you in the position to say a super model's workout routine doesn't consist of starvation and drugs? You don't know them. Please stop thinking you know someone because of an article you saw about them.

Damn.
    MISSING THE POINT
    NEVER SAID IT DIDN'T
    MISSING THE POINT
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Her mum is a fitness instructor, she uses low carb in the run up to an event. When she was doing the image shoot for Transformers she did 18 workouts in the 6 days running up to it.

She's also 5' 9" & approx 119lbs - or so her stats say

Oh,oh! She's also got a 20yr old sister called Florence whose also just started modelling.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Binge and purge lol
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    Wow. It is rather ugly in here...

It's only mean to criticize people that are overweight....apparently

A lot of bitter jealous people in here...
  • IanBee93
    Options
    LIKE REALLY
    YOU DON'T KNOW THEM

DAMN

It is well-documented that there is an unfortunately high incidence of substance abuse among fashion models. Further, one but need look upon their form to observe an unnaturally low weight relative to height, in a manner that suggests self abuse.

Finally, what puts you in the position to say a super model's workout routine doesn't consist of starvation and drugs? You don't know them. Please stop thinking you know someone because of an article you saw about them.

Damn.

Drugs are popular through out the whole industry.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    LIKE REALLY
    YOU DON'T KNOW THEM

DAMN

Damn.

and your opinion is based on..... ? drugs are popular in general, by your logic I could say that you're on drugs.

the "binging and purging" comments are pretty ****ed up, too. I'm all for a good politically incorrect joke, but I don't think some of you are joking. that really bothers me.
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A lot of models do a raw vegan diet. If they're starving you can usually tell. They get deathly sick and well, it's obvious. She definitely has muscle so either a strict diet or raw vegan. Megan Fox was raw vegan for a while - she stopped because she was getting "too skinny". That'll happen if you go vegan and live on lettuce. Lol.

Her slim legs are a mixture of bone structure, low body fat, and lots of squats (normal and dead left), sprints, cardio and very fast bicycling.

BTW, yes ALL the Victoria's Secret models are super tall.
  • emalinemartin
    Options
    that girl is ripped, wtf are people going on about drugs and starving for? I've seen people on MFP with a similar body type to hers...

finally someone sensible lol
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I usually quit following her as she goes into the gym.

This made me LOL....HARD
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Binge and purge lol

wow... do you honestly think anyone would look that good if they really did that? No.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am not interested in the super models. I want to know what formally overweight people who have lost weight and kept it off is doing.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It looks like good genetics plus taking care of herself. I don't think she looks like she starves herself at all.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    *imagine TARDIS*

grab one of these, go back in time and choose your parents.

Most is genetic with some exercise and diet built in.

And as for some of the comments in here - wow, so it's ok to be mean* to people who are thin/tall/good looking is it?

* this is not the word I actually want to use.

I'm guessing what I posted isn't what everyone else is seeing?

*Note to self* do not click on a page and walk away to get food, because you never know what you will be looking at when you come back...

You certainly wouldn't want to eat your food after seeing that! Eeeew.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    What workout a supermodel does probably depends on the person. All models are under pressure to remain thin, but how that is achieved will vary. Some models are naturally very tall, thin and slender, so they have an easier time staying slender, others have to take more extreme measures.

I suspect that many famous people (not just models -- but actors and actresses, too) aren't fully truthful about their food and workout regimens.

The one that always kills me are the celebs that gain weight, say "I love my curves" and then a few months later drop 50 pounds. They might have loved their curves, producers and directors probably didn't!
  • IanBee93
    Options
    LIKE REALLY
    YOU DON'T KNOW THEM

DAMN

Damn.

and your opinion is based on..... ? drugs are popular in general, by your logic I could say that you're on drugs.

the "binging and purging" comments are pretty ****ed up, too. I'm all for a good politically incorrect joke, but I don't think some of you are joking. that really bothers me.

In the industry it's pretty much handed to you, if you ask for it. You can even witness people doing them. It's not the same in the real world. It's not an opinion it's fact.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This is a very mean thread.

She probably does cardio and maybe some weights, like most people at the gym.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I think she is gorgeous. Everyone's body is different and she does not look unhealthy.

I will never, unfortunately, look like that because of my body type, but I think women who are naturally slim or have to work at it are just as beautiful as girls with boobs and butt. As long as women are healthy in their choices then we should celebrate their shapes. IMO
  • emalinemartin
    Options
    This is a very mean thread.

She probably does cardio and maybe some weights, like most people at the gym.

Jealousy is ugly. Stereotyping is also ugly. :yawn:
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would assume walking in heels would be considered some form of exercise:huh: