21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options
1363738394042»

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    K

Firstly, so sorry to hear about your kitten. That's very sad, especially the fact that it was a routine procedure! Sending a big hug!

Next - it is GREAT that you are feeling better... and lots of variety on the go with walking, cleaning and hauling that backpack around!!

:flowerforyou:

Round 6 - day 13 (Wednesday 02 Oct)

Dart night so approx. 1hour 45 min playing 9 games of darts with a team... not sure you burn as many calories as MFP calculates... but it is an evening out and not on the couch! (I've never played darts in a league before... enjoying it so far!)

Round 6 - day 14 (Thursday 03 Oct)

Approx 40 - 60 min of walking - cumulative - with errands today

a busy meeting week - with appts over lunch as well which interrupted my lunchtime walks!

Round 6 - day 15 (Friday 04 Oct)

Lunchtime walk in again... Same 6 km route / 60 min! by myself today as the 3 gals who join me were unavailable. So - glad I went out anyway!

Lots of errands on the go today (Saturday) .... so will be the odd calorie burned!

:happy:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 6 - Day 16 (Saturday October 5)

Did some light housecleaning - approx 30 min

Left the house at noon... Hair appt first - then shopped till we dropped getting home around 8:00pm..so approx 7 hours of walking / shopping / trying on rafts of clothes... I am so tired now....off to bed!

:yawn:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    That league sounds fun, glad to hear you are enjoying it.

You are doing great keeping things moving and shaking. I know with the fall weather finally setting in things have turned kind of hectic recently to be outside before the winter cold clamps down and locks everyone inside unless you just HAVE to stir out there. Keep up the great work!

Round 7, day 16
    7.5 hours cleaning for work
    1.5 hours walking (in addition to cleaning)

Round 7, day 17
    Class day, but managed to scrape up 32 minutes of hauling that 30+ pound backpack around campus

Round 7, day 18
    VERY light day - just a measly 30 minutes trying to fold laundry with the remaining cat trying to either EAT the folded clothes (especially the hanging pants with drawstrings) or trying her best to UNFOLD the folded clothes. Talk about a feline's delightful full body contact sport!

Round 7, day 19 (today)
    Supposed to hit the gym to get back under the iron, but forgot lunch like a goof, and didn't sleep worth much last night. Took the lazy/easy way out after hauling my 30+ pound backpack all over campus for 52 minutes.

If there are any glaring typos, I apologize in advance - tired enough I'm actually missing keystrokes
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 20

Where on earth has the time gone??

Finally am reintroducing the gym into my schedule. Started today with a nice, short, easy 20 minute swim.

Now if I can just convince my right knee and left ankle they are NOT broken, I'd like to get back under the iron. In the mean time pool, here I come! Just to get moving again. And, it felt great!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 7, day 21

Well, this wasn't the best series I've had, but I survived, and am ready to start the next round tomorrow.

Finished out with a (for me) small walk/hike/backpacking effort of 42 minutes running around campus like a lost puppy chasing its new best friend. I swear, every time I thought I had everything I needed for class, I'd get there, and find out that I had left something ELSE in the car (about a quarter mile away taking the short way over the grass.) So, I'd have to run out to the car, grab what I'd forgotten, and fly back to class while hauling the monster of a back pack. Really ought to swap back to my other one. It is a bit nicer on the spine, since it doesn't have the handle mechanism making it impossible to ride square on the back when slung over one shoulder.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hey K - just popping in to say Congrats on completing another round!!

I have some work to add - but have been so pooped daily with work - that it just sucks.

off to bed I go again...

Have a great day tomorrow!

T.

• kcaffee1
    Options
    I know you're trying Tazmac - you've done a wonderful job making moving and activity a part of your life. But, life is what happens after you've made your plans for the day/week that make you change those plans to accomidate something else. Get some rest - it is kind of in short supply, so steal it when you can! Don't want you coming down sick.

Round 8, day 1

37 min walking (work),
    4 hours cleaning (work).

Went to hit the pool after class, and found out I had forgotten to put in new towels, and a suit. What a way to miss the water and wreak havoc on the plans for a strong start to the new round. Oh, well, I've restocked the gym bag, and if I'm not too pooped to think tomorrow evening, I'll try it again. (Also will depend on when I get done - pool closes at 7, and the last client is scheduled at 5. Hope it's an early day, because I do like my water!)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 8, day 2

Well, I can definitely say I wasn't a slacker today!

Work day, so LOTS of cleaning houses (6.5 hours),
    a bit of walking mixed in (43 mins),
    and a bit of cooking for a client (45 min)

And a major effort to keep a fraying temper in check. I was running a bit hungry, so the leash on a horrible temper was already fraying when I wound up dealing with one of my clients who is upset they have to have help to do the simplest things. NOT a good combination between the two of us.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 8, day 3

Last day of the second (of three) seminar classes, so didn't get too much activity in. I know I had 30 mins of walking. Might have had more, but forgot the pedometer this morning when I bolted out the door late. (Alarm clocks? What are those?)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hi K - it is Monday evening - just home from a 3 day weekend on the road.

Will catch up tomorrow ... I hope you've had a great few days!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Catching up....

Round 6 - Day 17 (Sunday October 6)

housecleaning - approx 120 min

Round 6 - Day 18 (Monday October 7)

Got in a 30 min walk today... Busy week (meeting wise)....will cut into my daytime activity...

Round 6 - Day 19 (Tuesday October 8)

30 min today ... Back and forth to meetings today...

Round 6 - Day 20 (Wednesday October 9)

30 min walk
    90 min darts - Wednesday night dart league

Round 6 -Day 21 (Friday October 11)

60 min lunchtime walk... Avg 3.7 pace and just over 6 km

Dancing (family wedding!)

Yay!!!! Another round complete!!!

:drinker:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 7 - Day 1 (Saturday October 12)

4 hours of golf today - had a cart... Was single digits (temperature) .... Thinking that encouraged extra calorie burn!

Round 7 - Day 2 (Sunday October 13)

Probably about an hour of strolling about, picture taking etc....

Had a beautiful weekend travelling along the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia....

hope you are well K!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 7 - Day 3 (Wednesday October 16)

4 hours of golf today - had a cart... another chilly round... started in single digits - then up to about 12 degrees celcius.

Wed night dart night! 2 hours for darts... a good day for extra calories.

• Trishajac
    Options
    This thread had a good run - seems to have lost its steam.

All is good!

Thanks to everyone who participated for short or long term.

Cheers!!

:drinker: