Why are you fat?

Options

Replies

• xerothermic
    Options
    Have you tried cake? It's delicious. Also, wine/vodka.

But really, I was using food as a treat. I've finally learned food is fuel, not a treat.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    because I like too many foods beginning with 'C' - cake, chocolate, cheese, chips, crisps, curries, cream :happy: and I possibly drink a bit too much alcohol! :drinker:
  • TrinasFitness2013
    Options
    I am overweight at the heaviest point ever. Because I use food to cover my addiction to drugs. I eat rather then get high or party.
    Comfort food, anxiety of being alone.

I eat most when no one is around.

I thought I was fat at 95 pounds so always been a issue for me.
  • minnimonster
    Options
    coz i think i eat to much people say im a fat cow anyways so it must be true but hopfully ill loose it soon :cry:
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Years of Calorie Surplus.
  • peachcats
    Options
    Lack of nutritional education + parents not wanting to cook meals for me as a child. Most of my dinners as a kid were hotpockets.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    While I am not technically fat right now, I still feel very fat. I am currently maintaining my weight at between 175-180 lbs.

I am just so used to being fat and ugly that when I still look in the mirror, I still see myself as fat. I sometimes wish that I could drop below 134 lbs. But, I am too weak to be able to do that...
  • illykitty89
    Options
    Well I was always a little bigger and move developed as a child-teen, so my self-esteem isn't great... Then in my mid-late teens lost weight (was around 115 pounds) but I admit it I didn't do it properly. I wasn't eating much at all.

I fell in love with my husband at 17... I didn't think about food and calories as much anymore. I was crazy in love and started eating more. I though hey I'm still thin... Yeah not anymore! Piles up down the line!

So I'm trying to get thinner again, I'd prefer to not be so giggly. I'm not great at keeping up the exercise since it's hard to keep motivation up with depression. Hopefully I can add some exercise to this as I'm getting better mentally, but at the moment I'm focusing on eating better.
  • RangiRose
    Options
    because I like too many foods beginning with 'C' - cake, chocolate, cheese, chips, crisps, curries, cream :happy: and I possibly drink a bit too much alcohol! :drinker:

this ^^^ esp chocolate cheesecake and cream cheese with crackers :embarassed:
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Coca-cola :/
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CAKE
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Always been overweight (there's a piccie somewhere of me looking like a beach ball at my Christening!) Then, between very low calorie diets (zero fat - I've still got a psychological issue about eating too much fat), the failure of said and fairly low self-esteem leading to "I can't do this" and "fck it, I'll just have another beer", I hit the top of obese.

I'm still working through this - between the "no fat" (cheers, Rosemary Conley) and the repeated failures of previous diets, I'm really struggling to get through a stall. The temptation to give up doubles every time I see the scale stay the same or move upwards. Grr.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    'cause I'm damned greedy!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm not fat now, but when I was younger, I used it as a coping mechanism...
  • siegte16v
    siegte16v Posts: 139
    Options
    Party animal at weekends lots of drinking n late nite feasting after 12 years it catches u up...plus I'm a lazy *kitten* ha all change now though ha
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I had an addiction to junk food and fast food.

Became more active and started eating healthy.

Things are a lot better now.
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Interesting question. I am not fat anymore but it all started when I was 16. Up until that point, I was thin and reasonably fit. My main sporting activities were skating, Netball and hockey. Then things happened in my life that I struggled to deal with emotionally. I stopped doing the sports I had enjoyed and just kinda vegged out for a couple of yrs. I put a bit of weight on during those 2 yrs but was still considered 'healthy'. My life improved and things were going well for a few yrs, then it all took a nose dive again and the weight piled on. I topped the scales at 189 lbs, actually maybe more but I stopped weighing myself at that point. I am 5'1" so this was not a good look. Eventually, I gave myself a good talking too, I dejunked my life, got rid of the negativity (including people) that had surrounded me and put myself first. Best decision ever. I am the happiest and healthiest I have ever been, and have rediscovered my love of exercise :) Now down to 127lbs, goal is 126!
  • chimanlifts1
    Options
    People are fat because they eat more than their body needs. Emotional reasons, bad habits and sometimes genetics play a part-but that's what it boils down to.
  • MADLifestyle
    Options
    For me, I've always been overweight.
    When I was 2 years old I got kidney cancer and so I constantly had to be taken up to the age of 6 and has been lying around in the apartment were i get "spoiled" with food of my parents.
    Until i was 14 years old, i was overweight and a computer freak like hell. I started with sport activities (run) and so i lost weight very quickly . I've always eaten a lot but since I've started with the train, my weight is more than 60 pounds less.

I’m no longer overweight and i can say that my decision 4 years ago to change my life to a better one was the best decision i could make.

I pay attention to my diet and daily sport activities. This is now my new Lifestyle and i love it.

(sorry form my bad english...)