Shockingly bad foods

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That "no such thing as bad food" is a terrible cliché. Honestly I understand the sentiment but look at something like Pot Noodle. It's devoid of anything like nutrition and what about the OP's 600 calorie pizza slice. I fail to see a single situation where that would be anything but 'bad food'. It's crazy high calories and even someone that needed a lot of calories like an athlete or competition weight lifter wouldn't want the mass of saturated fat.

There is NO SUCH THING as a food that is "devoid of nutrition." If it contains no nutrients at all, then clearly it isn't food.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cashews. 320 calories in 1/4 cup. :cry:

Cashews are awesome. They are very nutrient dense!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    The thing I used to eat, years before I knew the NI, was Pizzeria Uno's cheese & tomato deep dish personal pizza. It's actually 3 servings at 580 calories each. I'd have to budget that badboy in now. This is the Numero Uno, but same size for reference.

numeroUno.jpg

ETA that I still go to Uno's, and I love that they have a computer with everything on the menu listed with the NI.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hollandaise sauce.... with 2 poached eggs on bread .... about 1000 calorie breakfast.... I ate nothing for lunch and very little for dinner. The next time i went to the same restaurant I made sure I didn't order that again.... it was amazingly delicious so hopefully next time I can share 1 of the eggs and eat only 500 ....
  • xoeva
    Options
    Cashews. 320 calories in 1/4 cup. :cry:

Cashews are awesome. They are very nutrient dense!
    Try pistachoes instead.... 3-4 calories each...weird. I know, more work and not as yummy but still a nut!
  • xoeva
    Options
    Gotta watch that yogurt, too!!! They tout "low calorie" and/or "no fat" but most of them have a very high sugar content.
    Try Greek yogurt, lots of protein about 100 calories a serving (3/4 cup) and add real vanilla... taste great
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wendy's salads! Almost 800 Calories!!!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    theres no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly.

Well.....wait........you're right.

Both of you have obviously never seen or heard of souse...

Ew.
  • woolnimals
    woolnimals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwich? Still on MY diet:

Trader Joe's low carb/cal bread toasted, PB2, two slices Kirkland Bacon = 185 happy calories

Okay - this sounds fabulous!!!!! Thank you...I'm going to have to do this. I just figured I was done with those for a while.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wraps. One of these silly thin thingies is around 200kcals. Without filling.

Look for Flat Out brand wraps. 9 g protein, 9 g fiber, only 90 calories.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Fried Butter
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Spicy vegetable chipotle pasta at The Cheesecake Factory! I thought I was doing a good thing by not having cheesecake that night! But when I came back to log it, I realized it was 1500 calories!!!! Twice of what I thought it would be . OMG
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Well.....wait........you're right.

It's a gift and a curse, I'm sure. Especially here...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Is a Doner like a gyro? Or a fajita?

So. confused.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    theres no such thing as bad food

No matter how many times I see this posted on MFP, it never gets less ridiculous
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Butter tarts. I know they're dessert but I was shocked to check a package and find them clocking in at 400kcals each. There are some that aren't as bad but read your labels ... I could easily eat 2 for dessert!

Keg Garlic Cheese Bread - 1,193 kcals. OMG more than your steak and veggies.

Keg appetizer bread (complimentary) - if you're out for dinner with your SO, you'll eat half, and half is 240 kcals before you add butter. Better not get the garlic bread too!

Milestones Crispy Asian Chicken Bites appetizer - a favourite, but I'd better share from now on - 540kcals per serving. I also love the drummettes but they're even worse at 590kcals.

I guess there's a theme there, I've most often been taken aback by the calorie cost of an appetizer ... and they're easier to have when eating out than dessert because you're not full yet.

Osric
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    shockingly bad foods:

- asparagus
    - black licorice
    - brussels sprouts
    - cauliflower

they should all be sent to reform school.
    And don't forget liver cake!
  • RivenV
    Options

No matter how many times I see this posted on MFP, it never gets less ridiculous

Because it's the food's fault if you overindulge in something... Mmm hmm.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Because that's what I said ... Mmm hmm.
  • RivenV
    Options

Because that's what I said ... Mmm hmm.

Since you're unwilling (or unable) to elaborate, here's a gif, which I feel adequately represents where this conversation is going.

2bf.gif

Good day.